You can HATE ME if you want - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by CanadianAddict

But I just want to see who agrees with me!  I liked this show in the start, but honestly it lacks substance and is just not a good show overall.  My problems lie with many things (and please read them out before you start bashing.) I'm not going to bash you...i am bad at that. πŸ˜† in fact..don't even take my opinions as bashing..i am just naturally silly...πŸ˜†

1) The lack of romance- there is barely any romance in this "pyar" ki kahani.  The characters Abhay and Piya hug for a bit, and then it is basically Abhay saving Piya la di da.  

kiuuun...kisi apne ki jaan bachaana nafrat hai kya? πŸ˜† okay agreed, any good Samaritan can save her lyf...but any good Samaritan will not save her life again and again, no matter how mad she is at him and drive everyone crazy by saying 'I will protect her! nooo..i MUST protect her' πŸ€£

2) The moody, changing, weak feminine characters- I am sorry but this is true.  Whether it is Piya or Panchi, everyone keeps changing, so a fickle minded woman.  They either need to be rescued, or when trying to find out the truth usually never achieve anything without a male.  

Any straight girl cannot survive without a man unless she has taken a promise of celibacy or something...πŸ˜† panchi is not fickle-minded..in fact she used to think Sid was a casanova at first..then dheere dheere pyaar hua..she didn't tell herself he was THE guy the moment she saw him..as for piya..she is maha-detective...the moment she finds anything suspicious she starts doing drama...πŸ˜† so she is not fickle-minded, she is simply jasoos types. πŸ˜† Curiousity is natural of all human beings. πŸ˜Š

3) Acting- Okay either than Abhay's mom's snarky expression and wide eyed expressions everyone on this show tries too hard.  I think Siddharth is trying to go for Damon, but someone should have given him the memo that only DAMON can pull off the big eyed devilish smiles (and someone please cut this guys monologues out.)  Abhay has gotten better, but I am sorry but Piya at times over acts (like her happiness and sadness is far too fake), Misha seems a bit all over the place.

I like all the actors..they are doing a wonderful job..see we are not Anupam Kher come to open an acting school..🀣 I am just an ordinary person who at the end of the day wants entertainment and nothing else..and this is definitely different from those OTT saas-bahu shows that are black spot on name of entertainment...πŸ˜†

I am sorry, but I saw potential in this show and am thoroughly dissapointed and its an open forum, so critiques are welcome.  So anyone who says "well if you dont like it, dont post here" can also recognize this is not the LETS JUST PRAISE PKYEK forum. :)

We don't always praise pkyek..many a times we crack jokes..if you've been a member of this forum for past 2-3 days you must have seen my topics making fun of everyone..but at the same tym..this is almost the only show i watch nowadays...πŸ˜†

Thanks for reading.

Welcome. πŸ˜ƒ

Hey no matter vat any1 may say,all i want to say is that i AGREE with you.
if anyone would have gone to Geet forum and say all that he or she had said in this topic.

they all would have jumped on u like cheetah and eat u up without leaving any hair on ur skull...that is how bad they all can be when it come to their Maan and Geet jodi-the Actors playing the characters.

so I guess some people think/feel it's okay to point fingers at others favorites so long their own isn't getting bashed.

well topic-maker whatever u have said in here is ur POV which I in anyway do NOT agree with.

just because Sid does not take off his shirts at every drop of hats does not make him a bad Actor to me.

in fact any Actor who does not feel the need to take his top off for girls to fall in love with him is an Excellent Actor in my book.

PKYEK is already love just the way it's and the Actors in it do not need to show OFF their bodies before fans can go crazily in love with them.

in fact Sid is a far far better Actor than any other Actors on star one channel without taken of his cloths and with just one color on him...BLACK.

Edited by .Angel - 12 years ago
dmg_forever,  sz786,  Kristalizzed
this were d only people who bashed pkyek on its latest article😎
my detective work and guys cool down dont need to answer its all due to forum fightsπŸ˜†
thats why dere are liking this topic
Edited by sanjna4 - 12 years ago
Okay, i only said 'dont hate me' in the title because I feel with India Forums generally, any time anyone makes any criticism, ppl jump at them like wild animals.  And if anyone actually read my post, i said i liked the show in the beginning and it has lots of potential.

And yea, maybe it isnt like a saas-bahu serial, but compared with more subtle acting, I (see i used the word I) cannot seriously think this is the best acting these actors are capable of.

And you guys proved my point, by saying, 'dont watch the show' and 'you just want to start a fight.'  Like i said its constructive criticism.  And I could care less if people on the internet hate me. lol.
I kinda agree with you. This show can do a lot better. More than acting, I've a problem with the writing. It is very inconsistent. The writers don't seem to have a clear idea on the vampire world they have created. (They don't have to copy the western shows, but they should really know what they are doing)
When Abhay bit Piya, Chand said, Sid cannot touch her anymore becoz she is Abhay's "property" or something.. but even to this day, Abhay is running around trying to protect her.. This is just one of the hundreds of examples to prove that the writers don't have a grip on the concept they have chosen.
I agree with Nishi. Even I have a problem with the writing. Acting, ok I'm not an accomplished actor or something so my judgment may be faulty, but after DMG and MJHT, this is one show where acting has impressed me a lot.
Coming to your points: 

1. I agree with you there. The romance factor is missing, somewhere. Even the once-in-a-while romantic scenes we get are rushed and not well-executed.

2. I don't agree fully on that. I never found Panchi fickle minded and Pia, well, she just at times gets confused because she has no idea what's happening around her. Half knowledge is dangerous. She's entered the supernatural world and I feel it's a must for her to know fully about it now. EK needs to stop dragging this whole Pia-in-the-dark thing.

3. I already told you about the acting bit. Our ranking is wrong, though. I love Vivian and everything and he has improved by leaps and bounds but I still can't say he's better than Kishwar, Siddhant, Sukirti and Priya. As far as the resemblance between Sid and Damon go, I find only certain gestures common. Otherwise, I find the two characters to be polls apart.

Coming to seeing potential and being disappointed, I'm on the same boat as you but you could've said it in a way which actually sounded like 'criticism' and not 'complaints'. And if you think members here only praise the show, you're highly mistaken. Even the most die-hard fans of the show have criticised the show. No one's a blind fan out here.
I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, though :)
Edited by Chill_Out - 12 years ago
plz try 2 keep ur these kinds of opinion 2 urself bcoz it hurt a lot of fans.yes, u can criticize the show but not the way that u'll mention everything wrong or bad.
Many of us told u not 2 watch d show but i'll tell u 2 watch d show n i m sure u'll love some part of the show. may b u like other shows n this show isn't appealing 2 u comparing 2 others but u know love is the most important thing which can come 2 us in any form.may b this love comes 2 u in form of other couples but 4 us we live in love with AbhIya. It can't change.

I m not hating u  bcoz why i'll hate a person whom i don't know at all?Rather i m hurt.
Anyway,U r always welcome with constructive criticism but not with hatred.
Originally posted by sanjna4

dmg_forever,sz786,Kristalizzed,
<font><font color="#FF0033">this were d only people who bashed pkyek on its latest article😎</font></font>
<font color="#FF0033">my detective work and guys cool down dont need to answer its all due to forum fightsπŸ˜†</font>
<font color="#FF0033">thats why dere are liking this topic</font>

Excuse me but I'd like to correct you. This is not bashing. It's constructive criticism. No abusive language or harshness has been displayed. If flaws are there they will be pointed out. It's a serial, not real life, and as much right it has to be taken in the right spirit we also have the right to voice our opinions. I suggest you don't take the criticism seriously. This is just a casual forum discussion. :) Thanks.
And to the topic creator, I understand that you were just criticising it. I guess a lil better wording of the argument will fetch less offence.
sorry if i said something disagreeable. :)Edited by Kristalizzed - 12 years ago