Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Will Salman Khan soon be the #1 actor in Bollywood (Page 4)

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopterruky786

Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:10pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickTheDilettante-PoisonIvy-

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
North Indian or bollywood auidence is much smarter i would say. They, we don't blindly watch or worship every superstar's movies and make them into hits. Our only superstar with a roger federer like track record is Aamir khan.. and people support him coz he makes interesting movies.. and basically by supporting him.. people support interesting content and good scripts.. we treat all other superstars of ours based on scripts or maybe sometimes the mass entertainment appeal or comedy.. but audience doesn't always go to the theater just to watch a star.. bollywood audience is becoming more and more picky about scripts... and they dare to reject top stars like Salman and SRK if they fail to make an engaging movie.. which i think is better.. as no one deserves blind fan following.. its good that even the top stars have to work hard and reinvent themselves.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchick

Mages IF-Addictz
Mages
Mages

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

I actualy googled what ATBB stood for because he kept mentioning it in every post of his LOL

Whether Salman Khan is the number one star is very subjective..I think star power is when you can make even the crappiest movie work (e.g Katrina). Except for his fans, people completely wrote him off during the Yuvraaj, God tussi, Marigold, Kyunki days. He barely even existed. It's not just after wanted but after Dabang (which actually I'll admit, had a very entertaining story and Salman was funny as well in the movie). He is a star no doubt but he's just being hyped too much these days. 

He would definitely be number one if he was the ONLY star to get an ATBB ever, but clearly thats not the case. For me, Rajnikanth is the true  definition of a star, even the crappiest potty filled movies of his become super hits. 

well he is not being hyped...the media hyped him...LOLLOLAngry

as for rajinikanth...i love him...he is the real superstar for me...bollywood is nothing infront of him...his star power wow...there is no words to convey...i am one of them too...
Mages IF-Addictz
Mages
Mages

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

North Indian or bollywood auidence is much smarter i would say. They, we don't blindly watch or worship every superstar's movies and make them into hits. Our only superstar with a roger federer like track record is Aamir khan.. and people support him coz he makes interesting movies.. and basically by supporting him.. people support interesting content and good scripts.. we treat all other superstars of ours based on scripts or maybe sometimes the mass entertainment appeal or comedy.. but audience doesn't always go to the theater just to watch a star.. bollywood audience is becoming more and more picky about scripts... and they dare to reject top stars like Salman and SRK if they fail to make an engaging movie.. which i think is better.. as no one deserves blind fan following.. its good that even the top stars have to work hard and reinvent themselves.

i agree...i watch films for scripts rather than actors...if the scripts works than the film works...

aamir is expert in scriptsClap...and right now salman too is taking the steps...

but even aamir-salman in 90s days did crappiest films...now they become smarter...

but really i want to see a film with aamir-salman together...it will make a blockbuster history of indian cinema...everyone wants to see these stars together once again after Andaz Apna Apna
ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
^^ I think Aamir is bigger superstar than Rajini.. Rajini has star power.. aamir has script power...
Mages IF-Addictz
Mages
Mages

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

^^ I think Aamir is bigger superstar than Rajini.. Rajini has star power.. aamir has script power...

compared to rajini...aamir is still junior to him...rajini have more than 3 blockbusters in his era...which cannot be even compared to aamir's film...you can't compare rajini with aamir...they are doing different language films...but they are from indian entertainment cinema...and aamir's hits and blockbusters can never be compared to rajinikanth's because...rajinikanths era stars from60s... 70s...80s...90s...era and till now...he has way too much of AABB of indian tamil cinema...and Rajini is still senior to aamir...

Rajini can be compared to kamal hassan...amitabh bachchan...but not with srk...salman..aamir...in terms of their careers...Rajini...Kamal...Amitabh Bachchan are still senior to them

Edited by Mages - 08 May 2011 at 6:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:40pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagagilmores

Go to top