Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

What is Geet and Maan's religion suppose to be! (Page 4)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DGill28

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Can someone please explain to me what 'rule' there is that says Sikh weddings cannot be shown on TV? Is this 'rule' written down somewhere in black and white?

If anything, I think it's a great idea to show the world a bit of our culture. Like I said, NOTHING should be taken at face value but what harm could it possibly do to portray our culture and traditions? I have quite a few Sikh relatives that have married in to our family and so I know that the weddings are beautiful! Spread love, not hate guys. :)

I'm not sure if there is a rule about not showing sikh weddings on tv, but I do think this is something that may cause a bigger problem within our community (sikh community). I'm all for showing sikh weddings in shows, but in the long run they'll be showing a "fake" wedding using the Guru Granth Sahib Ji and that is in a way disrespecting it. They'll be intentionally disrespecting it and that is a bigger problem than showing a Sardar wearing an "om" sign or a sikh with their hair cut. I'm definitely against disrespecting the Guru Granth Sahib, but I don't mind that they show all other aspects & traditions of a sikh wedding.

Actually, I think they've shown "fake" sikh marriages in Punjabi/Hindi movies so i'm not really sure what the problem is exactly. Maybe a different rule for television? Confused

Society and it's rules can be so confusing & problematic sometimes. Life would be so much easier without the constant judging

Thanks for the response! :)
At the end of the day all the weddings they've ever shown on TV/movies has always been fake right? I don't see why they would have to use the actual Guru Granth Sahib in order to show the wedding? That way at least they won't be disrespecting it right?

I just really wish that people would promote integration instead of segregation. It shouldn't matter if you're Jatt or not or if you're Hindu Punjabi and wear the Kara, I don't think it's right to judge someone and tell them how good/bad of a follower they are for following certain rules and for disobeying some others. I rather leave that to the one above.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 08 May 2011 at 6:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DGill28

Duttamann80 Groupbie
Duttamann80
Duttamann80

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gurinderxbaby

I get what you mean and i get what the other side means too
i understand both Point of views
I agree every religion should be respected 
but i am a sikh myself and i feel offended that the Cvs mixed up the religion i mean what about if it is a newcomer to this show and they are not hindu/sikh , they will think sikhs and hindus are the same even thought we have differences
and to those who think sikhs celebrate karva chauth we actually don't it is against our religion and we are only allowed to bow down to the guru granth sahibji. Sikhs who do celebrate kaurva chauth while that is against. The pure/true sikhs(amritdhari) don't bow to anything else or celebrate other religion celebrations. and yeah it is a rule that shows can't do a sikh wedding.
I know many sikhs that are also offended. You guys might say it is just a serial but it has a huge influence 
Why do u think many sikhs celebrate Karva Chauth? cause Indian serials portray sikhs celebrate it.

I know many people at my school who are sikhs and the ones who watch geet are offended that maan is portraying a sardar and wearing a om necklace. Many people will think sikh's believe in the Om sign. It is offensive. I know many wont understand me but i am just saying there are many people who find mixing up the religions offensive. 

I respect other peoples religions but i stay pure to mine.

I agree with you fully ..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gurinderxbabyPriyaxBassiReal.Madrid

PriyaxBassi Goldie
PriyaxBassi
PriyaxBassi

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Duttamann80

Originally posted by gurinderxbaby

I get what you mean and i get what the other side means too
i understand both Point of views
I agree every religion should be respected 
but i am a sikh myself and i feel offended that the Cvs mixed up the religion i mean what about if it is a newcomer to this show and they are not hindu/sikh , they will think sikhs and hindus are the same even thought we have differences
and to those who think sikhs celebrate karva chauth we actually don't it is against our religion and we are only allowed to bow down to the guru granth sahibji. Sikhs who do celebrate kaurva chauth while that is against. The pure/true sikhs(amritdhari) don't bow to anything else or celebrate other religion celebrations. and yeah it is a rule that shows can't do a sikh wedding.
I know many sikhs that are also offended. You guys might say it is just a serial but it has a huge influence 
Why do u think many sikhs celebrate Karva Chauth? cause Indian serials portray sikhs celebrate it.

I know many people at my school who are sikhs and the ones who watch geet are offended that maan is portraying a sardar and wearing a om necklace. Many people will think sikh's believe in the Om sign. It is offensive. I know many wont understand me but i am just saying there are many people who find mixing up the religions offensive. 

I respect other peoples religions but i stay pure to mine.

I agree with you fully ..

:) i dont get why this became into a religion thing i just asked what religion r they cause i got confused 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SilentsoulInfinitedreams

PriyaxBassi Goldie
PriyaxBassi
PriyaxBassi

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
:) i dont get why this became into a religion thing i just asked what religion r they cause i got confused cause they showed many religions. i just wanted to know their main one. 

btw everyone sorry if i offended anyone
Anyways Lets just come together as geet/maan lovers :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gurinderxbabyDGill28

gurinderxbaby Newbie
gurinderxbaby
gurinderxbaby

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Priyalovex3

:) i dont get why this became into a religion thing i just asked what religion r they cause i got confused cause they showed many religions. i just wanted to know their main one. 

btw everyone sorry if i offended anyone
Anyways Lets just come together as geet/maan lovers :)

True say :)
savinik Groupbie
savinik
savinik

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Ishk mazahb, ishk inki zaat bangayiWink..take a chill pill gal n enjoy the show!!!Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bvs7691

dh_riti Goldie
dh_riti
dh_riti

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
they just try to show us dat there is no differenciation on any religion. anyone can celebrate any festival. and we must appreciate it.
Preethi-Premi IF-Rockerz
Preethi-Premi
Preethi-Premi

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:32am | IP Logged

This is not a cutural show for god sake. Showing different religions just means that LOVE Doesnot have any religion.

Geet was married in a temple during her first marriage... Maan went to dargah for praying.. Maneet met at dargah.. Geet prays to babaji... Maan prays to kali maa murti... Maan walks on coal of fire in front of Dargah.. Geet goes to gurudwara to get solance!

You see it... All this means... LOVE HAS NO RELIGION!

Now the above is my craziness for maneet.. I will tell you my personal experience.. I am Hindu... But I PRAY TO Babaji infact I am a south Indian! I have a rakhsha to protect me from evil eyes that a muslim uncle gave me. I have that tied to my mangalsutra. Just because it is not a Hindu custom should i not wear it? For me God is one!

Sorry if i sounded a bit agitated. Coz actually i did feel agitated reading this post.Ouch 
Hindu Muslim Sikh Isai we are all a family... Family called human beings. Cry

Edited by Preethi-Premi - 09 May 2011 at 5:33am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

--Kesh--bvs7691jazzerettehindu4lyf

Go to top