Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coasta_70 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I am Gujarati and Hindu from Delhi and I often go to the Gurudwara...I do not understand your post at all...India is a free and secular nation and we can choose what we want to celebrate and how...isn't this the greatest thing about our country?
tellyme thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chelsha

Oh dear i can understand what you say. But there are so many wars going around the world in the name of religions. Atleast in the serials they show the tolerance for other faith and religious harmony. Lets appreciate the CVs for that dear. This is only my point of view and i dont mean it to hurt you dear.

I agree...It's good they are showing harmony...and leads going following so many religion is a good message...
tellyme thumbnail
Originally posted by: coasta_70

I am Gujarati and Hindu from Delhi and I often go to the Gurudwara...I do not understand your post at all...India is a free and secular nation and we can choose what we want to celebrate and how...isn't this the greatest thing about our country?

Greatly said...It's good to show harmony...t
gurinderxbaby thumbnail
I get what you mean and i get what the other side means too
i understand both Point of views
I agree every religion should be respected 
but i am a sikh myself and i feel offended that the Cvs mixed up the religion i mean what about if it is a newcomer to this show and they are not hindu/sikh , they will think sikhs and hindus are the same even thought we have differences
and to those who think sikhs celebrate karva chauth we actually don't it is against our religion and we are only allowed to bow down to the guru granth sahibji. Sikhs who do celebrate kaurva chauth while that is against. The pure/true sikhs(amritdhari) don't bow to anything else or celebrate other religion celebrations. and yeah it is a rule that shows can't do a sikh wedding.
I know many sikhs that are also offended. You guys might say it is just a serial but it has a huge influence 
Why do u think many sikhs celebrate Karva Chauth? cause Indian serials portray sikhs celebrate it.

I know many people at my school who are sikhs and the ones who watch geet are offended that maan is portraying a sardar and wearing a om necklace. Many people will think sikh's believe in the Om sign. It is offensive. I know many wont understand me but i am just saying there are many people who find mixing up the religions offensive. 

I respect other peoples religions but i stay pure to mine.
Edited by gurinderxbaby - 12 years ago
PriyaxBassi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: gurinderxbaby

I get what you mean and i get what the other side means too

i understand both Point of views
I agree every religion should be respected 
but i am a sikh myself and i feel offended that the Cvs mixed up the religion i mean what about if it is a newcomer to this show and they are not hindu/sikh , they will think sikhs and hindus are the same even thought we have differences
and to those who think sikhs celebrate karva chauth we actually don't it is against our religion and we are only allowed to bow down to the guru granth sahibji. Sikhs who do celebrate kaurva chauth while that is against. The pure/true sikhs(amritdhari) don't bow to anything else or celebrate other religion celebrations. and yeah it is a rule that shows can't do a sikh wedding.
I know many sikhs that are also offended. You guys might say it is just a serial but it has a huge influence 
Why do u think many sikhs celebrate Karva Chauth? cause Indian serials portray sikhs celebrate it.

I know many people at my school who are sikhs and the ones who watch geet are offended that maan is portraying a sardar and wearing a om necklace. It is offensive. I know many wont understand me but i am just saying there are many people who find mixing up the religions offensive. 

I respect other peoples religions but i stay pure to mine.

Even though i am not sikh i understand your feelings. I know how i would feel if the media portrayed my religion as something else.
PriyaxBassi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Chelsha

Oh dear i can understand what you say. But there are so many wars going around the world in the name of religions. Atleast in the serials they show the tolerance for other faith and religious harmony. Lets appreciate the CVs for that dear. This is only my point of view and i dont mean it to hurt you dear.

I understand your point and i agree too but there are many people who find mixing religions offensive. LIke they are making the sikh religion look like it is part of the hindu religion. I grew up with many indian sikhs and many watch these shows and find it offensive. 
But other than that i agree :)
gurinderxbaby thumbnail
Originally posted by: Priyalovex3

Even though i am not sikh i understand your feelings. I know how i would feel if the media portrayed my religion as something else.

Thanks for understanding 
gurinderxbaby thumbnail
Originally posted by: Duttamann80

Religious is about Love and respect ...

Being a Sikh my self i do agree with you onthis point .As i have  notices all serial start of been with one faith and end up with a aother faith . But if you say that the girl is a sikh why cant cv stick to that ...

agreed i am sikh myself and i know many sikhs find it offensive how they portray the sikh religion 
gurinderxbaby thumbnail
Originally posted by: jazz07_dh

I really liked ur response. Very well said. Even I was thinking the same way. This post is so racist. I don't know y ppl can't just leave other people alone. So way if they r showing more than 1 religion? I think that signifies that they believe in God as a whole n wants every person of diff religion to relate to geet n maan. That's all. I wonder if priyalovex3 sees sm Hindu in a gurudwara or sm Sikh in a temple, is he gonna ask them to leave that place bcoz they belong to that religion. Just curious. Hahaha

There is nothing wrong with going to other people's temples and showing other religions in the show but i get what she means.  by mixing up the religions people think the sikh religion is something else(especially to non hindu/sikhs). They will think sikhs believe in the symbol Om just cause Maan is wearing the necklace and at the same time he is portraying a sardar 
On a lighter note:

I am wondering what my religion is now, because I only pray to Maaneet😍
I start my prayers with Mahiii and end them with Mahiii😍
Looks like I need to figure out what my religion is now - I am totally messed up