What is Geet and Maan's religion suppose to be!

PriyaxBassi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
I hate when CV's mix up religions!
I get why Maan and Geet did their wedding by the hindu rituals because serials are not allowed to do a sikh wedding. I mean if they know they can't do that, just make geet and maan hindu.
But as you can see Geet's family is sikh. Her massi and Tej both wear khandas but yet they are celebrating karva chauth. Sikhs do not celebrate karva chauth! Also Geet wears sindoor and a mangalsutra( which sikhs don't) In the previous episodes you see Dev with a ek onkar symbol in his car. But you see maan at the muslim temple in 2 or so episodes. Another thing is if Maan is suppose to play a sardar , why is he wearing the Om necklace. Also you see Geet praying to Guru Nanak Devji and in one episode she said "she went to the mandhir"'
In the beginning of the show we see maan and geet praying in the golden temple, but in the dhawali episode she was aarti. Sikhs do celebrate dhawali but they don't do Aarti.
Finally in the holy episode, after she gets mad at maan and leaves she goes to the gurdwara(Sikh temple). SIkh don't celebrate holy btw they celebrate hola mohalla
I mean why do CV's do that!!
they just mix religions together and make people think it is one religion.
They should just stick to one religion!
No need to mix all the religions and confuse us 

but what religion r they like mostly

i am not saying only this show does, a lot of shows do
Edited by Priyalovex3 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chelsha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh dear i can understand what you say. But there are so many wars going around the world in the name of religions. Atleast in the serials they show the tolerance for other faith and religious harmony. Lets appreciate the CVs for that dear. This is only my point of view and i dont mean it to hurt you dear.
jaspreetm2815 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Chelsha

Oh dear i can understand what you say. But there are so many wars going around the world in the name of religions. Atleast in the serials they show the tolerance for other faith and religious harmony. Lets appreciate the CVs for that dear. This is only my point of view and i dont mean it to hurt you dear.

I agree with you😉
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Priyalovex3

I hate when CV's mix up religions!

I get why Maan and Geet did their wedding by the hindu rituals because serials are not allowed to do a sikh wedding. I mean if they know they can't do that, just make geet and maan hindu.
But as you can see Geet's family is sikh. Her massi and Tej both wear khandas but yet they are celebrating karva chauth. Sikhs do not celebrate karva chauth! Also Geet wears sindoor and a mangalsutra( which sikhs don't) In the previous episodes you see Dev with a ek onkar symbol in his car. But you see maan at the muslim temple in 2 or so episodes. Another thing is if Maan is suppose to play a sardar , why is he wearing the Om necklace. Also you see Geet praying to Guru Nanak Devji and in one episode she said "she went to the mandhir"'
In the beginning of the show we see maan and geet praying in the golden temple, but in the dhawali episode she was aarti. Sikhs do celebrate dhawali but they don't do Aarti.
Finally in the holy episode, after she gets mad at maan and leaves she goes to the gurdwara(Sikh temple). SIkh don't celebrate holy btw they celebrate hola mohalla
I mean why do CV's do that!!
they just mix religions together and make people think it is one religion.
They should just stick to one religion!
No need to mix all the religions and confuse us 

but what religion r they like mostly

i am not saying only this show does, a lot of shows do

Sikh weddings are not allowed to be shown? Erm, since when? I don't remember reading any rule about how it's not allowed or even any article about it. I know a lot of Hindu Punjabis that also wear the Sikh Kara on their wrist, it's because they are often brought up in a mixed background. Similarly, I know many Sikhs that celebrate Karvachauth and fast for their husband on this day. So what if Maan went to the 'Muslim temple'? In India there are so many Hindus that go and visit Ajmer Dargah in Rajasthan and at the same time there are many people from many different faiths that visit Siddhi Vinayak (Lord Ganesha temple in Mumbai). It doesn't mean that they don't follow their own religion.

Speaking from personal experience, despite coming from a Hindu background I still go to the Gurdwara and many elders in my family own a Khanda necklace.😊I would also LOVE to go to the Golden Temple some day! There are many similarities between Hinduism and Sikhism and I think you'll find that a lot of Hindu Punjabis and Sikh Punjabis get along really well, and so there are some elements taken from both religions.

I think you're being a little narrow-minded and I honestly don't mean that as an insult or personal attack but if we all stuck to our culture and traditions then what fun would that be? I mean are you seriously trying to tell me that the only people to play Holi with colours in India are Hindus? If you seriously think that then please pay a visit to Mumbai some time and you will see Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jains, Christians etc all celebrating this festival. It's like saying Christians aren't allowed to light up fireworks on Diwali because it isn't part of their culture or tradition.

I don't mind the mixing up of religions because honestly that is exactly what modern day India is all about. I celebrate Diwali and I also celebrate Vaisakhi by going to the temple, does that mean I am not a true Hindu? :\
Edited by hindu4lyf - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Sikh weddings are not allowed to be shown? Erm, since when? I don't remember reading any rule about how it's not allowed or even any article about it. I know a lot of Hindu Punjabis that also wear the Sikh Kara on their wrist, it's because they are often brought up in a mixed background.Similarly, I know many Sikhs that celebrate Karvachauth and fast for their husband on this day. So what if Maan went to the 'Muslim temple'? In India there are so many Hindus that go and visit Ajmet Dargah in Rajasthan and at the same time there are many people from many different faiths that visit Siddhi Vinayak (Lord Ganesha temple in Mumbai). It doesn't mean that they don't follow their own religion.

Speaking from personal experience, despite coming from a Hindu background I still go to the Gurdwara and many elders in my family own a Khanda necklace.😊I would also LOVE to go to the Golden Temple some day! There are many similarities between Hinduism and Sikhism and I think you'll find that a lot of Hindu Punjabis and Sikh Punjabis get along really well, and so there are some elements taken from both religions.

I think you're being a little narrow-minded and I honestly don't mean that as an insult or personal attack but if we all stuck to our culture and traditions then what fun would that be? I mean are you seriously trying to tell me that the only people to play Holi with colours in India are Hindus? If you seriously think that then please pay a visit to Mumbai some time and you will see Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jains, Christians etc all celebrating this festival. It's like saying Christians aren't allowed to light up fireworks on Diwali because it isn't part of their culture or tradition.

I don't mind the mixing up of religions because honestly that is exactly what modern day India is all about. I celebrate Diwali and I also celebrate Vaisakhi by going to the temple, does that mean I am not a true Hindu? :\

I really liked ur response. Very well said. Even I was thinking the same way. This post is so racist. I don't know y ppl can't just leave other people alone. So way if they r showing more than 1 religion? I think that signifies that they believe in God as a whole n wants every person of diff religion to relate to geet n maan. That's all. I wonder if priyalovex3 sees sm Hindu in a gurudwara or sm Sikh in a temple, is he gonna ask them to leave that place bcoz they belong to that religion. Just curious. Hahaha
bvs7691 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
🤔 Maan & Geet's Religion...

Arre... Its Been There Since The Beginning... LOVE!!!!

You seriously missed this... 😆😆 Lagta Hain Aapne Pehle Se GHSP Acche Se nahi Dekha...😉

Edited by bvs7691 - 12 years ago
zaaratq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bvs7691

🤔 Maan & Geet's Religion...

Arre... Its Been There Since The Beginning... LOVE!!!!

You seriously missed this... 😆😆 Lagta Hain Aapne Pehle Se GHSP Acche Se nahi Dekha...😉

NOw thats a 10 on 10 answer..👏 im a muslim myself and i don mind celebrating other festivals.. why do we need to bring in religion here.. let atleast this place to be peaceful and out of reach from religion.. in fact, this drama has unified alot of people from different religion and culture background.. thats the best part of this drama.. in this drama, LOVE is the GOD for Maaneet...
neet2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with u... in fact i was thinking the same thing 😊
jaf21 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i am a muslim n i don't care wht religions are shown i respect them!! since everyone has the right to choose right or wrong for themselves!! even i don't mind watching hindu serials! doesn't make me seem as non-muslim it is when the seriels insult the religions! but they havent so wht is the point of this um post? oh n as long as they show the religion for wht it is in real life it is understanable don't u think at least it's trying to bring everyone together plus plus if ur a true believer of ur religion u will only believe in ur go for me tht is allah! it is when they compare the religion i mean the gods of different religion this is when it can be said tht it is wrong to show them being1 mixed
by saying tht why they are mixed it is insutling in fact saying tht no different religion people should never ever have any frendsips !!! well i can tell u to have peace is to get all religions to get along so i think ghsp is not doing anything wrong!! sorry i mean no offense my idea was to just give answer to ur questions :)
Duttamann80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Religious is about Love and respect ...

Being a Sikh my self i do agree with you onthis point .As i have  notices all serial start of been with one faith and end up with a aother faith . But if you say that the girl is a sikh why cant cv stick to that ...