Is life a joke or is there something to it? - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by goneforever

😕 Has anyone ever wondered why we are on this earth?  What is the point of doing the same thing day in and day out?  Is there a purpose?  Why are we doing this?  I still wonder that and always will.  Is life a joke or is there something to it?

Life is how you see it. 

It can look like a mad circus with people living a robotic life, it can also look really beautiful...if you enjoy everything  including yor daily routine ðŸ˜ƒ 

I enjoy my daily routine, I feel so much alive and active when I work and study, go for shopping, talk to my old friends, play with my baby cousins, listen to music, travel, etc.. 

Isn't it amazing how you can relate to some total stranger when yor in 4th grade, and they are so emotionally attached to you even after so many years? ðŸ˜³ Dont you feel nice when you see yorself growing so old?   And I'm just 17! I'm yet to see what life actually is and what future holds for me :D 

To me, I am just existing, my parents brought me here... so why not just enjoy, be happy and see where yor life takes you? Life is definately not a joke..it's got SO many things to it, whether they're pointless or not. I find life beautiful :)

EDIT : Have you ever heard of a quote - "Do what you love, love what you do" ?? If you live by this, you'll see a whole new world.. life suddenly looks beautiful if you apporach it with some love.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 12 years ago
 Edited by angie.4u - 12 years ago
^^ In any case the realistic in them will be much obliged as long as there are not any hungry men that know fishing around.! 
Originally posted by night13

~
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

And what is the purpose of life ?
Originally posted by angie.4u

Purpose is to identify a goal and move towards it.😆
So what goals should be set? if too high then we lose heart.
Maybe intermediate goals from where we can hop on to the next level.

As  a start I would like to be fully absorbed in just one idea or a thought.

Angie that should be easy for you I think.

Is the glass half empty or half full... or maybe the glass is too Big or Small..  😆

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago

The fundamental human need for guiding ideals that give meaning to our actions! I believe in promoting eudaimonia and there should be an idiom (means to an end).

Is the glass half empty or half full... or maybe the glass is too Big or Small..  😆

Right on there Aryaa! Widening  the field could actually serve to change the perspective.

The fundamental human need for guiding ideals that give meaning to our actions! I believe in promoting eudaimonia and there should be an idiom (means to an end).

Looks like we are all set to pursue one means or the other to reach some goal. As long as we have some purpose to toy with we are fine however transient it may be. As long as we believe it to be significant  things are fine . Its all about the journey and not about the goal. Yet we relentlessly pursue whatever goals we have set for ourselves knowing well that reaching the goal is reaching the END. Strange !

Edited by angie.4u - 12 years ago

Looks like we are all set to pursue one means or the other to reach some goal. As long as we have some purpose to toy with we are fine however transient it may be. As long as we believe it to be significant  things are fine . Its all about the journey and not about the goal. Yet we relentlessly pursue whatever goals we have set for ourselves knowing well that reaching the goal is reaching the END. Strange !

Agree..  It is all about the journey, the two means of the end, how to get from point A to point B, thus one of those is the goal!

~The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end!