Debate Mansion

Is life a joke or is there something to it?

Posted: 12 years ago

πŸ˜• Has anyone ever wondered why we are on this earth?  What is the point of doing the same thing day in and day out?  Is there a purpose?  Why are we doing this?  I still wonder that and always will.  Is life a joke or is there something to it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
life is whatever you make of it.

For me it's making it big in the stock markets so my generations to come will never work again :P
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: goneforever

πŸ˜• Has anyone ever wondered why we are on this earth?  What is the point of doing the same thing day in and day out?  Is there a purpose?  Why are we doing this?  I still wonder that and always will.  Is life a joke or is there something to it?

I don't think anyone has a clue about these questions...
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Those that do not have a human birth long for one
Those that have a human birth wonder why πŸ˜†

It is good to ask:

Where have we come from ?
Where are we headed ?

We existed before taking birth in a physical body and we will exist even after death of the physical body.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Those that do not have a human birth long for one
Those that have a human birth wonder why πŸ˜†

It is good to ask:

Where have we come from ?
Where are we headed ?

We existed before taking birth in a physical body and we will exist even after death of the physical body.

πŸ˜†Summerji ...how r u?...well I wish Mr. K would give his input in this thread..
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

πŸ˜†Summerji ...how r u?...well I wish Mr. K would give his input in this thread..

Hey Krishna, yes K for Krishna.
I think most people have their own answers to it, I take it that all have the capacity to know ( if they have the time). Some like yourselves just spend their time watching creation unfold, a silent observer.πŸ˜†

I believe that each one has to find their own selves.
Religions these days are nothing more than loud clamourings and noises on the surface. When the vessel is full there is no sound.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Hey Krishna, yes K for Krishna.
I think most people have their own answers to it, I take it that all have the capacity to know ( if they have the time). Some like yourselves just spend their time watching creation unfold, a silent observer.πŸ˜†

I believe that each one has to find their own selves.
Religions these days are nothing more than loud clamourings and noises on the surface. When the vessel is full there is no sound.

@ bolded...I agree that religion has nothing to do with spirituality...if anything religion blocks an open mind ...
Summer3 thumbnail

Yes Blue Ice ji.
Often religion has become a set of rules and superstitions.
We have to mature into spirituality.

But sometimes religion can be fun too, but still at the back of our minds we should hang on to the Truth.

I love this quote:

"When effort is needed, effort will appear.
When effortlessness becomes essential, it will assert itself.
You need not push life about.
Just flow with it and give yourself completely to the task of the present moment

~Nisargadatta Maharaj

This one is interesting.

Throw it away! Whatever you understand is not the truth and it is to be thrown overboard. You are trying to catch hold of something and cling to it. Accept, as it is, what I am telling you. Don't be carried away by concepts. Don't employ any words, and look at yourself as you are. Few people understand what I am driving at. You are not paying proper attention, you are talking only after this beingness appeared. Before the beingness was there, look at that, be in that state. If you dare call me an atheist, remember that I do bhajans four times a day --

Summer3 thumbnail

Intellectually most of us know the Truth but somehow we are quite not able to click.
Some may have gotten a glimpse but were again swallowed by Maya.πŸ˜†

But I guess some intellectual understanding helps in life.
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Life is something really complicated and unpredictable... The things we do now, for sure effect our future in a good or a bad day! Deep thinking may gather the true meaning of life.. It is the most beautiful creation of nature and/or God. It is the only valuable thing. Be it a life of human, tree, animal or bird.