Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aditee thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: togepe30

All I can do after reading this is...dedicate this song for SHANAK !

"Aapki Ankhon Mein Kuch..
Mehke hue se...Raaz haiii...
Aapse bhi Khoobsurat...
Aapke Andaaz hain"

Can there be a more sensuous song in this world?

Nope!

Sigh!

Sigh!

words fail me yaar

Thank you sooo much!

What a wonderful ode!

Thanks di Vandu
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Aditi since songs are being dedicated here...what about Ronan Keatings "When you say nothing at all"

It's amazing
How you can speak
Right to my heart
Without saying a word,
You can light up the dark
Try as I may
I could never explain
What I hear when
You don't say a thing

The smile on your face
Lets me know
That you need me
There's a truth
In your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me
Whenever I fall
You say it best
When you say
Nothing at all

All day long
I can hear people
Talking out loud
But when you hold me near
You drown out the crowd
(The crowd)
Try as they may
They could never define
What's been said
Between your
Heart and mine

Ujjwala thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hey Aditi,

Very cute update πŸ‘β­οΈ
⭐️

Loved every bit of it...😊

[/QUOTE]
aditee thumbnail

PART 55

Tuesday May 10th

Shivneri Nagar, Chembur

8 :25 AM

Their paths hadnt crossed since Wed nite. After the soup and bread she was completely knocked out on the couch, on the  non-drowsy cold meds he had given her! He had actually shown her the foil, when she had hesitated popping it into her mouth, the unmistakeable arch of that one brow, like he was saying "Really? Khanak? You think I would drug you?"

A solid three hour nap later when she woke, the lights were dimmed, and there was no sign of Shaan anywhere, she had freshened up, stepped out of the room.

Looked like Dadi was asleep as well, she had wondered what to do, and had waited in the rec room, when Shaan had appeared, ipad in hand, curious what she was doing. "Sleep walking?" he had asked, she had said " Oh! I was just trying to hail a cab to get home"

He had insisted she stay the night, but she was adamant about returning, Ritu was not home when she returned past 11:30 but it was good to be home.

He had walked her up to her apartment, when his phone had rang, he waved a quick good bye and took off, as it was Dhruv from Denver trying to reach him for a week.

He had tried calling her, may be to check on how she was doing, the middle of Thursday some time but she was so swamped she hadn't seen the call until later at nite.

Neither called the other the remainder of the week. She thought about him, and only him. Many things reminded her of him, when she applied moisturizer on her face on Wed nite, her skin felt like it was on fire. "He was right! I shudnt have done that on his jaw".

She had brought both the books home, Calvin and Cooper's. Since she was very fussy about her books, she had asked him if it was OK if she returned those in a couple of weeks. He had laughed out loud and said "they are BOOKS, Khanak! You can return them to the rec room when ever you like".

No clichd, "Whats mine is yours, you are part of my family now, why do talk about returning them? I want you to have them".

He was not big on clichs or platitudes, she noted.

Weekend came and went, it was filled with one word. Kritik. They  all went out to a movie, Ritu bought them brunch at the Lotus Caf, in Marriott, Kritik was a wonderful guy, he even dialed his parents number in Chandigarh and had Khanak speak with them.

There was not anything he did not know of Khanak. Ritu had shared it all. Kritik was eager to meet Shaan and hoped the four of them could meet some place soon.

He was leaving the day after Khanak's wedding, so Ritu was really excited to have him attend.

Her Aada was planning to visit over the weekend, to meet the Gujrals to talk about the wedding plans. Her Mom may or may not visit depending on how her Dadi was doing after the recent illness. Mitali and Mehul wanted to come by and stay a weekend with her before she went away, they had no idea she would be married so soon. They had hoped to visit all the offbeat places with her sometime. It was part of the "promise" Khanak had made to her three cousins when she had just moved to Mumbai over a year ago. He aunts in Akola and Ranchi  rarely visited Ahmedabad so their chances of sending their kids to Mumbai was out of question.

Khanak, was working out a plan to have Mitali and Mehul and hopefully Sonal over the weekend of May 20th. Her Bai, found the idea unappealing as she wanted Khanak to get to Ahmedabad that weekend.

Khanak was trying to sort thing out at work, at home in Mumbai, with her parents, trying to keep her cousins happy, while making vacation plans. The wedding plans were not happening. Ritu had asked her multiple times if they should go shop. She had no idea what she was supposed to take to Malabar Hill. Dadi had mentioned about the Punjabi trousseau ritual and had told her there would be 51 outfits. She wanted to know the combination of sarees and suits.

Khanak was appalled. FIFTY  ONE? It would take her years to get through those she thought. She bought clothes like crazy anyway. Dadi had reassured her that most of it would be "grand" and "festive". Khanak had squirmed! She definitely did not want to look like the Punjabi brides she saw while shopped in Chembur or Bandra.

Dadi had told her, she was supposed to wear only "new" clothes the first month or 45 days. She had no idea how she was going to pull it off.

Ritu: Kitna sochti hai? 8:25 ho gaya, bahar niklegi to main ghar lock karoon?

Khanak:Haan, sorry!

Ritu: Kis duniya mein hai?

Khanak: Isi mein! (wryly) abhi tak to, isi mein, (repeats)

Ritu: Shaan ka phone nahi aaya kya? Aaj?

Khanak: Funny! Why are you so chirpy? Has Kirtik called you a half dozen times already?

Ritu: Nahi, only 4!

Khanak: WHAT? Tu subah 7 baje uthi hai, usme  chaar baar?

Ritu: ummm'. Haan... who... kya kehte hain, it got disconnected rey. (grins)πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

Khanak: Usko pehle paas ho jaane de! Abhi ek saal baaki hai

Ritu (sad) terrible no? Mujhe ek saal wait karna padega

Khanak: Abhi tu nikal! (pushes her out)

They walk out of the building giggling, and poking fund at each other.

Ritu: How can you guys not talk to each other everyday? (baffled)

Ritu: Never mind, don't bother answering that, you don't TALK so for you its easy, wonder how HE copes (laughs)

Khanak: Itna senti mat ho, he is prolly just fine, hanging out with friends, working and playing tennis (thinking aloud)

Take an auto to the station and then go separate ways.

Monday evening she received a gift in mail, unwrapped it to find a Forest Essentials gift hamper, with various lotions  to "soothe sore skin"and moisturizers. She turned beetroot read at the implication.

The note said "To: Khanak, From: Shantanu. Not a word more!

Ritu  was busy chatting with her Mom to notice the delivery.

Her Aada had asked her to check with him about the kind of clothes he would like, he had asked her to go buy it for him also. Less than three weeks left and Khanak was going through life as if no event was around the corner.

She wanted to hear his voice, "does he not want to hear mine?" she thought stepping into her office. She wore a lavender chikan salwar suit with  lots of embroidery upfront so it did not have a dupatta. She found bangles in exact lavender last week so had bought two dozen, all glass.

Modi & Dastur
May 10th 9- 2 pm

The morning was hectic between fixing errors mentioned on the score card and trying to review and approve changes her direct reports were recommending. She stopped  for lunch @ 2. They hadn't packed any today as neither wanted to cook last nite.

She stepped out of her cube, and walked down the stairwell on the side, did not want to take the elevator down for 5 floors. Looked at her phone, went back to her desk to get his number from her purse, then realized she could use the "Received calls" feature. Went back towards the staircase and dialed his number.

He did not pick up until the 5th ring

Shaan: Hey!

That's all it took, to make her florid!

Khanak: Hi!

Shaan: Khanak

Khanak: Umm'' Are you busy?

Shaan: Not really. (None of the :"Never for you! I was thinking about you, I was checking my phone every 10 minutes")

Khanak: Did you have a good weekend?

Shaan: It was great, how was yours?

Khanak: Good! Great actually. Kritik was around, we all went for a movie, and he took to brunch on Sunday!

Shaan: That's nice!

Khanak: I sent you two corrections from the score card this morning.

Shaan: Saw that in my in-box, I am headed out to the site in a few minutes so will talk to Nachiket and respond in the evening?

Khanak: that's fine

Shaan: Atul (her direct report) takes off for two over two hours around lunch, you might want to talk to him. The core team coordinator sent a note this morning to me.

Khanak: Oh! Really? I am sorry. I will. Oh!

Shaan: did you think of me the last few days? (softly)

Khanak: Umm...I think I did (softer).😳

Shaan: when I saw my neighbor's cat this morning I was reminded of how you purred when u used my jaw as your scratching post! (laughs under his breath)

Khanak: Oh! Gosh! (embarrassed)

Shaan: I wont shave if you promise to meet me.

Khanak: (ignoring the invite) Thanks for the gift!

Shaan: you are welcome! Hope you like it.

Khanak: Thanx. Have you had lunch?

Shaan: yep! With Aman, across the street at the sandwich place.

Khanak: I am going right now (even before he asks)

Shaan smiles "Good!"

Khanak: thanks for dinner the other nite. It was really nice.

Shaan: We are going to be married in three weeks. Are you kidding me?

Khanak: I was so sick. I had no idea I took a nap like that. I am sorry

Shaan: Are we beginning to fight again? (hissing)

Khanak: One of your data sheets did not down load this morning (nervous)

Shaan:Ive heard that from 6 people, my admin is sending it again as a  csv file try it.

Khanak: Oh! Maybe that's what it is.

Shaan:Did you like the movie?

Khanak: It was OK... I felt I shud have stayed home, it was quite odd.

Shaan: Because they went as a  couple?

She nods her head in affirmative.

Shaan: When you are on the phone you are supposed to talk Khanak (indulgent, husky), not nod...😳

Khanak: How did you know I nodded?

Shaan: Your bangles!😳

Pause.

Shaan: We should go out to a movie.

Khanak: I wont watch sci-fiπŸ˜†

Shaan: I cant watch mushπŸ˜†

Khanak: Lets watch first half of a mush and second half of the sci fi coz once the world is saved they would kiss.πŸ˜ƒ

Shaan:The kiss could happen anyway (silky)

Khanak: aada wanted to know what you would like for the wedding.

Shaan: You!

Khanak: Shantanu!

Shaan: I think that's the first time you've said my name when I cant kiss you after?😳😳

Pause. Two hearts race from different locations, meet somewhere midway.

Khanak: I got an email from your Mom, she said something about a "Sabyasachi Sale". I don't want  an expensive wedding dress.

Shaan: Just go with her. You haven't met her after the engagement.

Khanak: I won't let her pay for it. Its my wedding!

Shaan: THAT, it is😳

Khanak: Umm...  I am reading the Dispatches book on the local, it's a great read. Thanks

Shaan: thank Bhayya! They want us to go out for dinner next week.

He is amazed at her nature. She has not shown any keenness in meeting or talking with any body other than him. For her, the world revolved around him. She did not care about doing lunches with his Bhabhi, or chatting up to his Mom. Or even talking to them on the phone. She lived in her own world and peeked into his from time to time. She was possessive about him, opened up to him when she fought, was fiercly passionate when she kissed, but beyond that his world or its people did not exist for her.

His Dadi was the only person who she opened up to a little.

Khanak: Ritu wants us all to go out for dinner also.

Shaan: I am not meeting Kritik until you meet my friends Khanak

Khanak:Umm... I will think about it. Maybe next week? Aada aa rahe hain weekend mein to meet with your Dad.

Shaan: oh! Really?

Khanak:I think I left one of my file folders in the trunk the other nite. Its called "Supplemental Designs". It's a hard copy of all designs that were reviewed but nota pproved.

Shaan: I can send it through inter office mail.

Khanak: Umm... or you could... I mean you could hand it to me when we meet? (hopeful).  I am across the street now. Aapko bhi jaana hoga na? I shud hang up (chattering to undermine her first statement)

Shaan: I want you to come see me Khanak. I am not going to! I want to see how soon you do it.😳😳

Click!

Edited by aditee - 12 years ago
purvimeh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘πŸ‘Fabulously woven...πŸ‘πŸΌlowly and steadily ur are weaving & seeping the alliance in them..

A girl who lashed out a cpl of months ago saying she does not want to have babie with him, does not want to marry him is here finding a place to get her drawing table, thinking she wld spent the evenings in this house, is talking of naming and making babies, sulking for choosing work over her...πŸ˜†πŸ˜

he did not want to tie the know .. is now thinking of making a living with her.. Not mocking her about baby names or abt making baby plans.. tries to spend quality time with her without any disturbances..πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

Now this is what i like abt ur Story Aditee..Fab work done.. I am completely bestowed by them .. Grinning like fools and u leave us for wanting more... 

Aditee ... This is what i like abt your story.. i love this phaze of journey.. rather than the end results... Its little things that make it very special.. Shaan the kind of person who does not mull over things or their fights.. Raat Gayi baat gayi.. What is said & done is done  This is something i have noticed abt him all long.. & Have taken my sleep away... 

Their little fights are so enduring to read & relay right in front of my eyes.. It was so wonderful to see their conversed on  varied topics right from work, to media to books to their personal intimate stuff.. & his caring side.. i am sure he would be fuming in act 1 all long seeing her in that state but does not make a scene out of it... Instead he takes her home knowing Ritu wont be around and prolly she wld have to do things. herself.. Also It was a good thing he is slowly make her used to him as and the fly and home.. so when she steps in she wont feel like an alien... Though Gujrals have been a fantastic the way they have woven her in the fly... 

Sigh... aditeee the lines in blue and scenes above that were just πŸ˜

OH! Fabtastic another GC fans out here as well.. damn that man is superliously smokey sexy hot..

@ Lana... this is conny... now One Fine Day lover as well.. πŸ˜† & ofcourse lana.. The meal ref was very much what u think.. πŸ˜³

πŸ‘πŸ‘ Aditeee

Edited by purvimeh - 12 years ago
purvimeh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
 Oh ! Another dupdate.. Sigh**** i promise to be back on this later tonite... 

I like Shaan's Stance.. ! She really needs to be pushed.. doesn'tt she..πŸ˜†I was thinking about it.. But here u come clarifying it all... super Aditee
Edited by purvimeh - 12 years ago
k.krithika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome part Aditee loved it πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks πŸ˜ƒ

dishbhan thumbnail
Aditee,

You are the source of a constant smile on my face throughout the day!

I owe that to you ... Thank you so much for this fantastic real story that keeps on my mind all day long!

~Cheers.
Dish
lghosh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Finally got time! Its one of those days where I am up on my feet from 5:30am & the chores & work seems to be never-ending! In between sneaked a couple of minutes in the afternoon to read & left again, couldn't stay away from reading it! That was my sugar take to keep me going for the rest of the day! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks Aditee for this energy booster! πŸ‘πŸΌ
1st of all I am happy u gave me some details about what happened that night after she ate the hearty meal! Or else I would have surely eaten ur head. πŸ˜ƒ Now that l know I am happy.
Ok 51 costumes!! Will it be a royal wedding or what? Who is going to purchase all those? The Khandelwals I hope? Because if Khanak picks up the tab whatever loan she took that will be spend in the dresses only!!
Ok our Khanak is getting surely bold & opening up as well.  She doesn't want to call him for help directly but in her way of talking about work she throws in a query or a suggestion here & there & waits for his response. She wants him to accompany her in the shopping of the wedding but she won't ask him directly & neither will he offer. If she had wanted to she would have taken up Ritu's offer long time back but whatever u call it lethargy, too busy, anxiety, nerve jamming or sheer interest or disinterest, a girl won't dilly dally so long to get her wedding stuff when the wedding is only days away. She wants him with her, wants to see what his likes & dislikes r, wants him to suggest her clothes & color, her ornaments, cosmetics everything. So Mr. Budthal get the drift & go with her for shopping instead of parcelling her with ur mom. πŸ˜ƒ
That gift basket was a sweet touch! Did he know her chin would be scraped badly & so send in the remedy knowing she won't tell? πŸ˜† I won't be surprised if its so, this guy can think & look much ahead of the present & his actions always says so!
Another discovery or observation by Shaan about Khanak. Yep she doesn't care what his family r upto or want, she is only bothered about him & dadi! Oh thank u Aditee for this! I am sick upto my brim seeing the 'sati savitris' going to the other end of the world to please their in-laws no matter how rude they r or how manipulative they r or how insulting for that matter. It irrirates me when these so called leads of the shows take it all down in name of 'sanskriti' & culture! In real life this is never the case. I am not saying in-laws & DIL fights like cats & dogs but they have a eye for an eye kind of relation & here I was happy to see that Khanak is giving the ignoring shoulder to Madhavi & Khushboo since she didn't get any warm response from their end. And Shaan is not bothered about this either, nor does he pester her to take the 1st step or show generous affection to his family! And we know how fond he is of his family, its not that he doesn't care about them. Another score for me about Shaan because of this. πŸ˜ƒ
And another reason for my loving this guy, the reasons seem to be increasing day in & day out, he has a strong will!! In true sense he is a MAN, a 'mard'!! He has a backbone, big time! He is attracted to her immensely but that doesn't mean he roams around like a puppy in & around her, he gives in all the time, is there at her beck & call 24/7, agrees to whatever she says, keeps apologising for something he didn't do...on the contrary he is very resolute at times, throws in challenges & gets his way too, puts in his foot wherever he thinks fit & necessary, adamant & stubborn in his own way, has his level head on his shoulders all the time, doesn't keep running after her if she doesn't pick up his call, enjoys his space & gives her space as well! The blue line is another proof how he knows he will make her come to see him & thus throws an open challenge about it. He didn't run to see her knowing she is outside the office but wants her to come & see him knowing she wants it herself secretly too! He doesn't go sugary sweet listening to her voice but is always calm & cool with his brain in the right place. I love these type of men, who r strong & determined but yet giving & caring! Not that we see them often because God is very miserly in creating their species who will match upto ur Shaan but nevertheless its a pleasure to read or dream about them! πŸ˜ƒ
So overall I relished this update!! And madam how many pairs of glass bangles do u personally have? In every color & shades?? I am awe struck reading the description about Khanak's accessories, namely the bangles!! πŸ˜ƒ Thought u must be fascinated urself or u won't give such beautiful description about it.
Hope will read the next update in a couple of hours! Thanks a ton re for this unparalleled pleasure!
-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Aaah ... I am loving this ...

There are Hints and More Hints ... Neither of the two willl demand or offer ... But the power to subtly convey their intentions/feelings ... Haaayeee I am so loving this subtle exchange of LOVE may I say ???

51 ?
Really ? 

I so wish Shaan accompanies her for the shopping !
Haaayeee !!!!!