Rang Badalti Odhani

Casa 2 Inv on 87 (Wedding Precap on 148) - Page 39

Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

If you want something darker then Cerise or Vermillion is great!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
You Can Use

Beige and  Blue ...  RED and Gold ... 
Gold Shimmer with Work in Red + Silver ...

aditee thumbnail

PART 58

24th May 2011

11: 15 AM

Casa di Sogni-Ajmera Project Office

He took off the knee length rubber boots it was soaked in construction slush. His hard hard was beginning to make him itchy. He dumped it into the bin, took off his shoes even before he got to his room
He has been at the site  from close 7 AM.  He was tired and hungry. He sat down in his corner room like cabin, the airconditioning was blasting away. Raoul and Shamim were meeting abt something in his cube. He sat down on the sofa, took his phone out and checked for calls, despite being on vibrate mode, he usually missed a half a dozen calls when he was inside the buildings under construction.

Due to unseasonable rains laying of foundation for the clubhouse building had been stalled. There were over half a dozen design managers involved in the project. Shaan's team had a dozen direct reports. 4 met the core team everyday and the rest were deployed here.

There was a major crisis, the beams that were requested for San palazzo, as per the construction drawings did not make it, Ram's team worked with him for a week to come up with a immediate solution.

It was jumping from one crisis to another. He was supposed to be gone for the wedding on 27th. Khanak had told him not to "bother" with Sangeet if he was "busy"

A slow smile formed on his face. He was managing to get her riled up quite often.

The aloof exterior was cracking in a few spots. He enjoyed watching it happen. She was very careful not to reveal too much of herself though. The moment she noticed he was curious, she went back into her shell, much like the cubs in the wild. They peeked but the moment they spotted a human they retracted.

He rested his head and thought of what she looked like when she stepped out of the back room in the morning. It was the norm! She never met his eyes, never looked up at him the first 20 or so minutes. She was flustered as usual but she wouldn't meet his eyes. He had carefully watched her chew on the remainder of the burfi. She walked away so that he wouldn't notice but devoured it.

There were so many that depended onher! Her parents, her Uncle "kaka" as she likes to call him, their kids, Ritu. She took it all in her stride. She carried the weight easily. She worked quietly and efficiently, was not embarrassed or ashamed of anything. She sulked a lot with him! He smiled again.

She loved getting her way, the way her eyes lit up when she fought with him. The fierce outbursts. And then the deep freeze. She could be quiet for hours. His Mom had been trying to dig deeper, asking him a dozen questions each nite, scrutinizing his face carefully to catch that moment of doubt or uncertainty.

Akshay Bhayya was baffled also, Dhruv, his best friend Mayank, Mahi, they all wanted to know if he was serious or just joking.

The engagement put an end to all their speculation. Akshay Bhayya ofcourse really glad he is choosing to be "different" Mayank welcomed his move as his was an inter-caste marriage as well. Unfortunately neither Mayank not Dhruv would be able to attend his wedding. A couple other grad school friends who are planning a trek to Himalayas may attend he heard.

"He continued to be intrigued by her silence"

There was something mysterious, peaceful, magical, passionate, soulful about it.

He loked watching her do her own thing. Despite being immensely aware of him physically and going great lengths to avoid touching him, she would be completely unmindful the moment she decided to slip into her own world

She did not bother giving him a second glance when he lay on her divan working on her laptop. He loved her moist hair! It formed a damp cavity on the oblong pillow. Her breathing was hard, audible after he had kissed her. Almost as if she was fighting with something or someone inside.

"Shantanu" was the only word he ever heard in such situations, either in approval or in protest. It rang in his ears long after, the impatient husky plea.

He wondered how many friends she had. Her phone never rang. She tried not to be curious when his did. She didn't care about what his Mom thought of her. Did not want to know any more than that one sentence he shared in the car.

She was oblivious wto everything and everyone around her. But had the sharpest comebacks and the most passionate arguments when she fought with HIM.

"Self destruct" he felt his heart race, he didn't want to think too far ahead.

"I want time" "I want to wait" she said. He wondered how long?

She surely couldn't have meant 6 months? A year?

Ofcourse not!

He opened his eyes to get rid of those unpleasant thots.

Shamim and Raoul smiled together Shamim mocked "Staying up all nite Gujral?"

Shaan: Not quite! (grins)

Shamim: I am surprised she is letting you anywhere near her with those whiskers!

Shaan: Cut it out Shamim! I was up early to go drop her off at the station (grins)

Shamim: Aaj gayi kya who?

Shaan: She said she cudnt take off sooner.

Raoul: Are you marrying a workaholic?

Shaan: Don't know! (serious, and thoughtful)

Shamim: Leave Gujral alone man! Let him get to those truths after a year or two (winks at Raoul)

Shaan:Yep! For now, its wedding, Chesapeake Bay, sun and the sea.

Raoul: Don't forget the most important s word  "s--"

Shaan: Did I miss saying that? (mock shocked)

Shamim:He's prolly getting it already. No big deal on that one huh?

Shaan: Yep! Not really (cryptic, careful, keeping his private life, private)

Raoul: You guys have been dating what? Three months?

Shaan: 4 and then some

Raoul: she is gorgeous  I tell you. What did she see in you?

Shaan: I hunted her down (proud)

Shamim: Tell Nachiket to put it on your accomplishments for the year

Shaan: You bet! So are you guys coming to the wedding?

Both guys make faces.

Shaan: not fair! Raoul, forget seeing me in Panjim for yours man!

Raoul: I will get married in Mumbai then

Shaan: I am not making it!

Shamim: My sister is arriving from Scotland, on 29th Gujral

Shaan: Whats your BS? (looks at Raoul)

Raoul:Dad's getting knees replaced. And I had that one set up 4 months ago. Who the hell knew you were in sucha  hurry Gujral?

Shaan: Gotta go! Man (getting up) I am done. I am going home taking a nap, will see you guys around 5 ish?

Raoul: The bachelors party is at Sin on 26th at 10 ish

Shaan grinning: Awesome!

Shamim: Are you supposed to be this happy? (worried)

Shaan: ofcourse I am!

Raoul: Remember you can look but not touch, Gujral.

Shaan: We'll see (smirks)

Raoul and Shamim exchange a look

Shamim: We could call her you know.

Shaan's face floods with a warm color. He knows she would be mad, she would hide behind her distant, detached exterior but would demand answers when she saw him in private.

"She has to call"

"He would tell her he was going"

Shaan: I cant miss my bachelor party. Call if you want to, but you will see me there!

Shaan: Who else is going?

Shamim: The list of guys you forwarded. 17? 19? Of em?

Shaan: yep!

His phone rings, he waves to the guys and steps out

Its his brother "Hey Shaan, busy?

Shaan: Nahi bhaiya, whats up?

Akshay: Just making sure you have your visa appointment. Did Yogesh (Dad's accountant) call?

Shaan: I think so. I think I got an email (walking towards the Range Rover)

Akshay: The water craft management company called Dad last nite he said

Shaan: What about?

Akshay: Did you block the dates out yet?

Shaan: Not yet, visa ka pata nahi na?

Akshay: Did you get her passport?

Shaan: yep! its with me!

Akshay: Great. Condo (Beacon Hill )should be empty when you guys get there.

Shaan: Thanks.

Akshay: Let me get back to work. I have to be home early. Khushboo is not feeling too well

Shaan: Whats wrong?

Akshay: Her head was hurting all last nite she said, maybe she needs glasses

Shaan: atleast someone in the family can "look" intellectual

Akshay laughs!

Akshay: how is your girl?

Shaan's heart skips a beat "Good! Great actually!" (savoring the thought)

Akshay:Did she head out today?

Shaan: Yep!

Akshay: Did you go to the airport?

Shaan: Train bhayya!

Akshay: What? Are you out of your mind? How could you?

Shaan: No bhayya, she would have thrown a fit!

Akshay is shocked and baffled "Really? Why?" "Does she even talk?"

Shaan: She does! (unsteady) She does''. Sometimes.

Shaan: She has a mind of her own and does not hesitate to express whats in it. She would stay back in Mumbai if I had bought the tickets.

Akshay is shocked "Tu itna ziddi hai!" "Aur who bhi?"

Shaan: Who mujhse bhi zyaada hai. She will do what she wants to. I couldn't make her do a thing. (candid)

Akshay: It is going to be a volatile union!

Edited by aditee - 12 years ago
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Yes i am the first!!

Reserved!

Shanaksansar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
first one to read...HEY!!!

AWESOME update!!!

Shanaksansar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shanaksansar

Lost out...

AWESOME update!!!

Shanaksansar thumbnail
-Ray- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

…much like the cubs in the wild. They peeked but the moment they spotted a human they retracted.

Shaan: Who mujhse bhi zyaada hai. She will do what she wants to. I couldn't make her do a thing. (candid)

...these few lines wll remain my forever favourite !!

thanks Aditee πŸ˜Š

nk.mail thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Missed out on the weddin clothes discussion!  But hey! There wud be so many rituals durin the weddin rite! She can wear awesome and amazin color lehenga's in each of 'em πŸ˜³ 

So breathtakin that Shaan will take ages to come out of his reverie πŸ˜†

Love

Neha
christmas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i feel so bad not replying to every update. but honestly. i just never know what to say. i mean i have things as i read and then i get to the end and im left feeling as the emotions of the last lines of the update. so i just silently like it and wait anxiously (read. impatiently) for the next part having forgotten everything else. 

there are so many conversations, ending lines, nuances in the characters that will stay with long after reading that i dont even know which one to pick or to say is the best or to start with.

these shaan and khanak i am sooo much in love with. they are just the right balance.

i am so ready for their post wedding. (though i want to be gready and get the all now till wedding part as well, but all in one go so i can get to post wedding:)) because if they are like this now. i cant even grasp how they are going to be once they're married. 

it was a nice change to see the the last word being someone other than these two. and no truer could they be. volatile relationship indeed!

like everyone else has already said. i am addicted. 

plzzz update next part soon:) longg one:)
Edited by christmas - 12 years ago