Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

The most nuanced ShaNak moment enacted till date..

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Ok!

At the outset, will admit that the inspiration for this post is an article by the maestro Sanjay Leela Bhansali published in the Sunday Times today...

He was speaking on restrained acting and the importance of 'quiteness' in the emoting ability of an actor...

No brownie points for guessing that my mind was inadvertently diverted to our common love LOL...KT-Yashu!

During the Golden RBO Era, our awesome twosome have captured just about every emotion there is to portray about the wonderful emotion called LOVE!

One of the greatest strenghts of actors, IMO, is their ability to go completely understated when required...a rare ability which helps them stand out...and makes them so absolutely deserving of all our love and adulation...

So, Friends, decided to create this thread wherein we could share our thoughts on the most nuanced KT-Yashu enacted ShaNak moment on RBO till date...

I as usual have my own long list, but will restrict myself to the one that tops it! Smile

The "Tera Zikr Hai" PROMO which was on display...not a promo per say, but the footage displayed in the 'coming up' segments!

What a timeless ShaNak moment that was...
Sigh!Day Dreaming

Shaan waiting for Khanak in the car...a whole gamut of emotions running through his mind, the guy in a state of complete 'disarray'...
Khanak in a world of her own, fighting her own demons...that one second pause outside the car...his eyes following her all through...and then, their 'journey' in the car!
What a journey it was!!
The forced smile on Khanak's face...Shaan trying his level best to comply...but, the tussle between head and heart overwhelming them completely!!
And, the proverbial cherry..."Tera Zikr Hai" playing in the background!!!

Phew! What a breathtaking sequence it was...
KT-Yashu caught every nuance of this extremely difficult scene BANG-ON!! StarClapStarClap
The both of them emoting ONLY with their eyes...their superlative expressions doing all the 'talking'!
The uneasy calm of the moment...captured beautifully by these two immensely talented actors!
Sure, can't get more, 'nuanced' than this!Embarrassed
Definitely, would even make Sanjay Leela Bhansali proud!Smile
And, only a mere co-incidence that we are speaking of nuanced acting, the inspiration being SLB's thoughts and KT-Yashu's refined emoting, and "Tera Zikr Hai" being the 'theme' for the same!!!!Big smile

It's not for nothing, friends, that we feel that KT-Yashu deserve the world!
They are incredibly gifted...if at the tender age of 24, they can capture myriad human emotions so beautifully, they definitely have a BRIGHT future ahead!

Had a lovely time reliving yet another beautiful ShaNak moment, only a little more nuanced this time around!
Chime in, Friends, with your beautiful experiences...

PS: This post is also a tribute of sorts to my very dear friends, Aditee and Saaz, who love this sequence as much as I do!Embarrassed
Distinctly remember how ballistic we had gone when this footage was aired...EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Aditee, remember how you'd caught every nuance spot-on, and, Sazzy, your eloquent English translation of "Tera Zikr Hai"...had LOVED it!!Clap
Love you Lots!Big smile

Edited by dr.dsr - 08 May 2011 at 9:00pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

JoLaSHANAKFANAnu80vaish_123-mesmerised-nk.mailroadsidejunkeyhotchpotchRBOjyothi1989iluvmanarSidNeeti-fansaaaz-SYS--YasharanArshi-purvi08RB81-Manita-OlicityFandestinylovesimikrSPN_JD_Addictedadventure_gurlkubarerooj-iThe_May_Rose-Deepali-

OlicityFan IF-Rockerz
OlicityFan
OlicityFan

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Doc D!!
only u can come up wid such posts!!...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrdestinylove-Deepali-

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Doc- !!Hug

But as usual the actual pre-cap wasn't shown in the main segment na!The way his followed,just beautiful!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr-Deepali-

roadsidejunkey Goldie
roadsidejunkey
roadsidejunkey

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Doc D...wat a splendid post to reminsce abt...dre are loads during the Golden Rbo days but post dat, one dat cmes to my mind(i had goosebumps wen i watched dat scene literally)wud be the "Hay scene" in The Dhulwadi track...it was a pure bliss seeing these two emote even without luking at each other...Yasha didn't utter a word and KT *gosh haye*..with his passionate look and the best part no Touching...dats wat i call a performance ...subtle yet hard hitting!*sigh*

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr-mesmerised-jyothi1989destinylove-Manita-kubareThe_May_Rose-Deepali-

-Deepali- IF-Stunnerz
-Deepali-
-Deepali-

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Supperb Post DyoThumbs Up
Loved all the Moment in Tera jikr hai seq.
the whole scene was sooo  heart tauching and emotional
looked  shaan and khanak eyes expression that time..mind blowing  and amazing
aankho aankho me hi sab baat kaha gaye dono..supperb scene
shaan ki uljhan khanak kahi usse chood na the and khanak ki uljhan
ki shaan ko kahi sunny ke bare me pata na chal jaye..!!!
both give their expression supperblyClap
karan and yashi both act well that scene..supperb chemistryClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsr-mesmerised-

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Dear dyo

fabulous post dear..I completely agree..I have watched that " tera Zikr hai" just for their expressions so many times...one se cene that is permanently in mind in that  seq..is shaan (kt ) staring intensively  .rahoonga..and yashu turning and giving that painful  smile...
  and deepa that seq in hay was too good..also

kt/ym are fabulous actors  and considering their age is just 24  it is really amazing...Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrAnu80-mesmerised-jyothi1989-Deepali-The_May_Rose

vaish_123 Goldie
vaish_123
vaish_123

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged
DocD!

Shaan waiting for Khanak in the car...a whole range of emotions running through his mind, the guy in a state of complete 'disarray'...
Khanak in a world of her own, fighting her own demons...that one second pause outside the car...his eyes following her all through...and then, their 'journey' in the car!
What a journey it was!!
The forced smile on Khanak's face...Shaan trying his level best to comply...but, the tussle between head and heart overwhelming them completely!!
And, the proverbial cherry..."Tera Zikr Hai" playing in the background!!!

Brilliant!
ClapClapClap

After watching that whenever I listen to that song I remember that scene. Such an impact they created with  their small nuances.

Always , a pure bliss to watch both of them with their subtle expressions.!
Subtle  but strong. they both are masters in that.

Thank you DocD for  a wonderful post. 
Hug

luv, 
Vaish

Edited by rbofan1 - 08 May 2011 at 10:07am

dr.dsrAnu80-mesmerised-

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
@Ammu: Thanks, Dear for your lovely words! What's your most nuanced ShaNak scene?

@Smiii: Hug and LOADS of them!Embarrassed
Yep! As usual, the final sequence was a far cry from the pre-cap!Angry
Those beautiful scenes were edited out, and the biggest blooper..."Tera Zikr Hai" just did not play in the BG!! AngryAngry
Am still waiting with bated breath for your take, Madam!Smile

@Deeps: I love the 'Hay Scene' too!Embarrassed Yashu was just superlative...her 'read between the lines' moments were simply WoW! Clap KT was mighty good in the initial portion, when they are only emoting through their silence...there was a slight drop or rather disconnect, IMO, when he mouths those "Khanak" lines in between...but he concludes the scene brilliantly...when Shaan is so close, yet not quite!! Clap

Edited by dr.dsr - 08 May 2011 at 11:38am

roadsidejunkey-mesmerised--Deepali-

Go to top