Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Best Portrayal #4 Adultery / Infidelity

Posted: 12 years ago
Adultery

Previous results:

Best Portrayal #1 Obsessive Lover: SRK (Darr) (12 votes)
Best Portrayal #2 Lawyer/Advocate: Sunny Deol (Damini) + Rani Mukerji (Veer-Zaara) (6 votes each)
Best Portrayal #3 Prostitute / Bar Dancer: Tabu (Chandni Bar) (6 votes)

Runner up: Kareena Kapoor (Chameli) (5 votes)

(Correct me if I make any errors in my judgement; and any suggestions regarding next the threads will be welcomed).
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah Kareena is runner up! Congratz to both Tabu and Bebo! ๐Ÿ‘

Tabu from Astitva is the first one that comes to mind...Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
For some reason, I can't think of even one convincing portrayal of adultery in Bollywood. Even Tabu in Astitva wasn't as good as you would expect.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Bollywood doesn't produce such films much.I can not remember more than two films showing adultery.Bollywood audience can not accept EMA.

My vote goes to Priyanka Chopra from Aitraaz.
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I would go with AB -Rekha in Silsila, I thought they portrayed their characters really well, the pain and anguish of not being able to be with the person u love openly and at the same time the guilt of deceiving your spouse, was portrayed fantastically. And the whole idea of adultery was portrayed very sensitivelyEdited by bollywoodbabe1 - 12 years ago
I've never seen Silsila but a lot of people seem to agree

Bollywood never really does movie about adultery, but I think Akshay's and PC's portrayal in her harassment of his character in Aitraaz fits really well.

Akshay in Ajnabee was good as a deranged cheater...being deceptively innocent to his wife right before he killed her

piglet - Kay @$$ 9ay  ๐Ÿ˜†

on topic: lemme think ๐Ÿ˜•

yeah. Tabu on Maqbool.

& Shilpa on Life In A Metro (Thanks, Lensa for reminding๐Ÿ˜Š)

Edited by mogliF21 - 12 years ago
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I liked Shilpa in Life in a Metro. Her portrayal is more realistic than other actress that did the same role.

Well, I think, I need to clarify something. The performance should be about the adultery/infidelity/cheating. For instance, Priyanka was great in Aitraaz, but that performance didn't revolve around the adultery - she was more of a seducer /obsessive lover/vamp/villain. I mean something like Amitabh+Rekha or SRK+Rani in Silsila and KANK (no I don't vote any of them). Point is, the role and the performance should about the adultery.

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 12 years ago