Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Who has made the best use of their TALENT? (Page 2)

Meena1 IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

angelshybulls-eye-Zarwulicious-bamboocopter.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
I think currently Priyanka and Ranbir are using their talent wisely. If it works or not, sometimes it doesn't matter at least they are trying and learning from their mistakes...hopefully they know what they did wrong in films like Saat koon maaf and AA or Rocket Singh and use that to improve their performance.

Kareena used to early in the days use her talent wisely with films like Omkara, even Refugee is not your typical debut role, Chameli, and Dev. But now she is ignoring all the challenging roles. I don't mind though, because I think kareena has already proven she can do all kind of roles from bubbly characters (Geet) to characters like Dolly Mishra in Omkara.  And i think she is the most versatile actress in bollywood currently..because I believe she can excel in all the kind of roles more than other actresses.

From the new actress...I don't think Anuska is challenging herself..she is doing the same roles over and over again. I think Deepika is challenging herslef more than Anuska.

I would say Vidya is also challenging herself because she does a lot of heroine oriented films where she has a good role. But she is not challenging herself in terms of being more versatile. She needs to work on doing commerical films and improving herself in those.

Edited by beboholic - 08 May 2011 at 12:41pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Zarwulicious-Terenaina

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Terenaina

AmbyCious IF-Dazzler
AmbyCious
AmbyCious

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Originally posted by KatForeva

Actresss - PRIYANKA for sure! She's doing great films like Fashion, WYR and Saat Khoon Maaf!

Actor - SRK with My Name is Khan and Ranbir with Wake Up Sid and Rockstar and Barfee.

Now, this is a topic where you can be hard on your favorite.  And this is a sincere question KatForeva, what will it take for Katrina to make the best use of her talent?  Do you think YRF can do that?  Smile

Katrina and TALENT LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

.khoobsurat.IHeartDeepika.

Gemsta Groupbie
Gemsta
Gemsta

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Im going to sit on the fence and say that all the new generation of actors/actresses' are talented in some way or other. For them its about finding what works for them and their fans/audience.

Also, at times I do think it can be case of whether they get to put their talent to use, and if production houses//directors will give them that opportunity or not.

I think for the male actors, its much easier for them to explore different characters and develop their acting skill. Ranbir Kapoor, Imran Khan and Shahid are good examples of this IMO...the scripts they say yes to have such a variety compared to what some of the female leads get in return. I.e:

Anushka - I like her acting, and she plays her roles well. However, they are all so similar! At the moment her talent seems limited to playing confident, sharp punjabi characters.

Katrina - You can tell acting doesn't come naturally to her compared to someone like Anushka, and i've only been impressed by her in Namaste London. She does alot of glam/beauty prop roles, but I do wonder is that her choice or is that what she's offered?

Deepika - Im not a fan of her acting, and I can't even recall a role or film that she was in that i've even liked. She does seem to branch out into different genres, and I think she's trying to portray herself as someone who has the ability to do all types of roles like Priyanka/Kareena etc But again like Katrina, there is so much hype about her item songs and glam/beauty prop roles. Its clear she gets offered more interesting roles, the question is whether they leave an impression

Sonam - Out of all the new generation, she's done the least amount of films, so her experience in front of the camera seems still very new. I don't think she can handle working on multiple films, because it ends up affecting her health and perhaps in turn her work. I do like her acting, especially in Saawariya, Delhi 6, Aisha and IHLS...the roles have been different. She needs to stay away from films like Thank You, because she just looks uncomfortable in them! She's got that classical and old world charm to her, and I think if she's offered the right roles with strong scripts, she will excel...she needs time, and needs to stick to working on one film at a time!

I do wonder though, is it a case that directors/producers are more willing to invest time and money into male leads?...Which in turn develops their skill at a faster rate, compared to female leads?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LifeOLiciousbamboocopter.khoobsurat.

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AmbyCious

Katrina and TALENT LOL

No laughing matter, she has talent in abundance, Gulshan Grover can vouch for that

IHeartDeepika.

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gemsta

Sonam - Out of all the new generation, she's done the least amount of films, so her experience in front of the camera seems still very new. I don't think she can handle working on multiple films, because it ends up affecting her health and perhaps in turn her work. I do like her acting, especially in Saawariya, Delhi 6, Aisha and IHLS...the roles have been different. She needs to stay away from films like Thank You, because she just looks uncomfortable in them! She's got that classical and old world charm to her, and I think if she's offered the right roles with strong scripts, she will excel...she needs time, and needs to stick to working on one film at a time!

I do wonder though, is it a case that directors/producers are more willing to invest time and money into male leads?...Which in turn develops their skill at a faster rate, compared to female leads?

WORDDD!!!!!! Not everyone is the same!! I myself am unable to take on more than 1 or two things at a time...I fall sick if there is too much stress...and hence I take time...a lot of time and I tend to frustrate my family LOL But I am good...I know LOL...I just need that space and time...

Yes people are more willing to invest their time and money on male actors simply because they bring in the money...movies are written with male leads in mind...female actors are only good in item songs and stuff like that...those generate money...so those are important for females. Once an actress can generate the popularity people will think of writing movies for females...and songs for females have always worked in BW! e.g. Masakalli for Sonam! Her very own item song! LOL

Edited by LifeOLicious - 08 May 2011 at 1:57pm

Gemsta.khoobsurat.

bulls-eye IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

Gujar

Go to top