Who has made the best use of their TALENT? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
I would say definitely Ranbir is challenging himself...he's done enough variety that he's almost at the point that he's not a fresh newbie and can actually compete with the mainstream Bolly actors.

Priyanka definitely does interesting diverse work but sometimes she baffles me when it comes to the scripts and the concepts of some of her movies. Rani definitely took advantage of her talent barring her years of being the 'dahling' of YRF...that was when she really stopped trying to be a versatile actress but she seems to be on the right track professionally now. Aishwarya is also a pro at doing mostly roles that she is good at rather than really experimenting outside her comfort zone. Kareena once was good but lately she's meh. Kat sticks to what she's good at, but I think for her case, it's smart for her to do so. Deepika, Sonam, and Anushka need more time and roles. Kangana's fairly decent but she needs to try more subtle roles

The top 4 Khans have made great use of their talent so they're fine. Akshay once was an all-rounder but now he's content doing comedies...it doesn't bother me since I love most of his moviesπŸ˜† I wish Hrithik really stopped doing his father's movies and pretty much unrelatable characters...I seriously don't really care about him anymore and that's sad. Out of the guys, Imran's got a lot of work to do for sure.

AmbyCious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: goneforever

Now, this is a topic where you can be hard on your favorite.  And this is a sincere question KatForeva, what will it take for Katrina to make the best use of her talent?  Do you think YRF can do that?  😊

Katrina and TALENT πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Gemsta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Im going to sit on the fence and say that all the new generation of actors/actresses' are talented in some way or other. For them its about finding what works for them and their fans/audience.

Also, at times I do think it can be case of whether they get to put their talent to use, and if production houses//directors will give them that opportunity or not.

I think for the male actors, its much easier for them to explore different characters and develop their acting skill. Ranbir Kapoor, Imran Khan and Shahid are good examples of this IMO...the scripts they say yes to have such a variety compared to what some of the female leads get in return. I.e:

Anushka - I like her acting, and she plays her roles well. However, they are all so similar! At the moment her talent seems limited to playing confident, sharp punjabi characters.

Katrina - You can tell acting doesn't come naturally to her compared to someone like Anushka, and i've only been impressed by her in Namaste London. She does alot of glam/beauty prop roles, but I do wonder is that her choice or is that what she's offered?

Deepika - Im not a fan of her acting, and I can't even recall a role or film that she was in that i've even liked. She does seem to branch out into different genres, and I think she's trying to portray herself as someone who has the ability to do all types of roles like Priyanka/Kareena etc But again like Katrina, there is so much hype about her item songs and glam/beauty prop roles. Its clear she gets offered more interesting roles, the question is whether they leave an impression

Sonam - Out of all the new generation, she's done the least amount of films, so her experience in front of the camera seems still very new. I don't think she can handle working on multiple films, because it ends up affecting her health and perhaps in turn her work. I do like her acting, especially in Saawariya, Delhi 6, Aisha and IHLS...the roles have been different. She needs to stay away from films like Thank You, because she just looks uncomfortable in them! She's got that classical and old world charm to her, and I think if she's offered the right roles with strong scripts, she will excel...she needs time, and needs to stick to working on one film at a time!

I do wonder though, is it a case that directors/producers are more willing to invest time and money into male leads?...Which in turn develops their skill at a faster rate, compared to female leads?
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AmbyCious

Katrina and TALENT πŸ˜†

No laughing matter, she has talent in abundance, Gulshan Grover can vouch for that
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gemsta

Sonam - Out of all the new generation, she's done the least amount of films, so her experience in front of the camera seems still very new. I don't think she can handle working on multiple films, because it ends up affecting her health and perhaps in turn her work. I do like her acting, especially in Saawariya, Delhi 6, Aisha and IHLS...the roles have been different. She needs to stay away from films like Thank You, because she just looks uncomfortable in them! She's got that classical and old world charm to her, and I think if she's offered the right roles with strong scripts, she will excel...she needs time, and needs to stick to working on one film at a time!

I do wonder though, is it a case that directors/producers are more willing to invest time and money into male leads?...Which in turn develops their skill at a faster rate, compared to female leads?

WORDDD!!!!!! Not everyone is the same!! I myself am unable to take on more than 1 or two things at a time...I fall sick if there is too much stress...and hence I take time...a lot of time and I tend to frustrate my family πŸ˜† But I am good...I know πŸ˜†...I just need that space and time...

Yes people are more willing to invest their time and money on male actors simply because they bring in the money...movies are written with male leads in mind...female actors are only good in item songs and stuff like that...those generate money...so those are important for females. Once an actress can generate the popularity people will think of writing movies for females...and songs for females have always worked in BW! e.g. Masakalli for Sonam! Her very own item song! πŸ˜†
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Kabeer.

No laughing matter, she has talent in abundance, Gulshan Grover can vouch for that

Oh, dont make me start again by asking what TALENT we are discussing. Already got a very serious reply  and Kabeer you are way off the mark from the expected discussion πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
If I think of talent, I do think Ranveer is talented (on-screen) though he is silly off-screen. But will have to see his second movie to see that he can easily slip into different characters.

Aamir is also really talented and hard-working and the combintaion works to ensure that he not only gets into different roles but also looks the part.

Of the women, I like Kareena and PC. They have also experimented in different types of roles and did not look odd in them  

Just acting prowess?

Anushka and Ranbir from new generation. [Not including Ranveer yet]

Deepika, Sonam, Imran Khan have miles to go before anyone can even call them 'actors'. All three of them tried different genres. Some worked, some didn't. They need to improve a lot. They are stars for sure with a huge fan following. Stardom is very important in mainstream bollywood and keeps them in the news for a long time.

I like to see stars along with actors. I've the choice to reject/criticize or accept/praise. So not complaining.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ranbir is challenging himself with every movie. Pretty much all of his roles differ from each other and he succeeds in pretty much all of them.

Priyanka keeps challenging herself..though sadly for her it tends to not work as much.

Anushka is the only newbie in Bollywood who can act but her roles are all similar to each other--the confident Punjabi kudi. Time to move away from those roles.

Deepika gets the more "interesting" roles but she really needs to improve her diction ASAP. As an actor, she has a long way to go.

Katrina...it's been 9 years. Don't think it's going to get any better anytime soon but I guess in her case it doesn't even matter because she is easily the most popular actress currently. She'll always be referred to as a star, not an actor.

Imran, Sonam need to improve quite a bit. They cannot be called actors yet. They have a big fan-following though..Imran's off-screen personality is just so nice that I would hate for him to become another Abhishek. Sonam..I really think she should be a model.

Who is making the best use of their TALENT and taking full advantage of it?

uh...   Ajay Devgun! πŸ˜‰