Defending Talli

Posted: 12 years ago
I thought of writing a post defending Talli, seeing as she gets a lot of flack for being annoying. When Talli was young she thought of Kesar as her best friend and tried to prevent him from doing the wrong thing. Kesar used to take a bit of advantage of her sometimes but Talli tolerated it. The girl got a family and mother who loves her like anything after her father passed away, she would have been happy with just that. But Gulaal the great had to tell her when she was very very young and had just lost her father that she will never have to go to another house after marriage because Gulaal promises to marry her to Kesar.

Obviously this is a very strong thing to say - Talli was so young and has now grown up for the last 10 years thinking of Kesar as her husband and has fallen in love with him without even knowing him, she is in love just with the thought of being in love with him. Another thing is that she knows she will never leave this family and house and her beloved Sudha and Gulaal if she gets married to Kesar. What more could a young girl who has lost her entire family want? Gulaal knows full well how much Talli loves Kesar, and keeps bringing up the promise of marrying her to Kesar, leading her on even more despite knowing how Kesar is now.

Talli is a sweet misguided girl who aligns herself with Kesar only because of Gulaal's promises. Once she realizes how much Kesar loves Gulaal, she will step back especially because she loves Gulaal and Jamna's words that she is a burden. She would give Kesar and Gulaal space if she was not so insecure, she doesn't know if Kesar loves her and she is madly in love with him. Obviously she wants to spend more time with him. He doesn't pay any attention to her and teases her just like a friend. But his approval means the world to her. Its such an unfortunate situation for Talli, and I have full sympathy for her. I hope she finds out sooner rather than later about Kesar's feelings - she doesn't deserve to be in the dark anymore. I fully blame Gulaal for ruining this girl's life, Gulaal is over-confident in her right over Kesar and herself being right all the time but has no clue.
We all do understand that she has been given these false hopes and it's not her fault. As you said, she's not in love with Kesar, she's in love with the idea of being in love with him because the seed has been implanted in her head.

Despite knowing that, I still feel irritable when I see her because she seeks his attention so badly. I think it is quite human to get annoyed at someone who is so in your face. It's not like Kesar completely ignores her, he is nice to her but then she goes and does stupid things like jump in the water JUST FOR ATTENTION. Its not funny and I don't empathise with that kind of behavior. It is her insecurities which make her do all this and while I sympathise with her for being given that false hope, I don't approve of her antics. She should grow up...!

Gulaal is at fault, I agree. She shouldn't have decided for Kesar and Talli but I think she's very eager to get the burden of marrying a young Kesar off her chest. She took the responsibility of finding a wife for Kesar and Talli seemed the best bet. Her intention wasn't to hurt but it will end up giving pain to all 3!
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
I did say back then when Gulaal the first said it to Talli about marrying Kesar, that she shouldnt have said at that time, Talli was a child back then even though we could see Talli so excited over Kesar and so on, still Gulaal shouldnt of mentioned anything even if the thought was going in her head that one day Kesar-Talli could come together

I agree that i do think Talli is in love with the idea of being in love with Kesar and marriage as such, but also would of expected Talli to fall for him anyway even if Gulaal didnt say anything lol

Gulaal always knew in the back of her mind that one day she will get Kesar married off - find a wife for him and so on, and she found Talli fair enough and good match for Kesar (i mean who would of thought that she and Kesar would be much more, she never even thought of them that way so for her to find a partner for him was always there but it does get abit too much with the constant promises she has to make Talli lol), but like Motabha said to her once that things that are now dont remain the same after a period of time and this is what is happening now and so on...

Talli's insecure comes out sometimes first time i saw it was at that pooja thing that Kes-Gul had to perform and then yesterday

From my pov i would expect Talli to guess about Kesar's feelings and love for Gulaal seeing as she spends time with him and not only that is close to Gulaal, she is close to these two ppl and so i am hoping she susses something out lol
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
I think that Talli will be the first one to find out about Kesar's feelings for Gulaal. She spends a lot of time with Kesar and will see that he is just not the same with Talli like he is with Gulaal. It is expected that Talli will be more insecure than any other normal girl because she is in love with someone else's husband, even though Gulaal promised her she is not sure of Kesar or the family's intentions, and Talli has lost her parents very young making her very insecure of losing someone she loves a lot. She tries to get Kesar's attention using childish actions because he doesn't pay her the attention she wants and she is a tad spoiled by Sudha and Gulaal, and by others because she was the only kid in the family when Kesar was away.
hey thats a nice post but what to do i still HATE HER 😕  cant bear her for a sec sorry guysEdited by arti07 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by arti07

hey thats a nice post but what to do i still HATE HER 😕  cant bear her for a sec sorry guys

hahahaha!!! well, for me, i have started to tolerate her better now, that she shows some maturity.. although quite not reaching our expectations of us.. but still.. she is tolerable, but barely..
Nice post from Tallis POV, but still this girl strongly lacks any level of maturity.That was a pretty direct question she made to Kesar and Kesar definitely seemed taken aback. Want to see how he will react to her, most likely he is likely to brush it off saying that he would do that for her as a friend.
But this girl Talli even if she has an inkling of Kesar's feelings towards Guallal, I believe in her immaturity she will act stupid and create petty troubles between Gulaal and Kesar.
Her insecurity is definitely going to make her jealous of Kesar and Gulaal's special bond and she will try to create a rift between the two. But I am confident Kesar will be able to handle her when he realizes her true intentions.
Actually I am so happy Talli asked this question to Kesar, hopefully it will make Kesar realize what Gulaal means to him and he starts analyzing his feelings for Gulaal.
Originally posted by Nach_Baliye

I thought of writing a post defending Talli, seeing as she gets a lot of flack for being annoying. When Talli was young she thought of Kesar as her best friend and tried to prevent him from doing the wrong thing. Kesar used to take a bit of advantage of her sometimes but Talli tolerated it. The girl got a family and mother who loves her like anything after her father passed away, she would have been happy with just that. But Gulaal the great had to tell her when she was very very young and had just lost her father that she will never have to go to another house after marriage because Gulaal promises to marry her to Kesar.

Obviously this is a very strong thing to say - Talli was so young and has now grown up for the last 10 years thinking of Kesar as her husband and has fallen in love with him without even knowing him, she is in love just with the thought of being in love with him. Another thing is that she knows she will never leave this family and house and her beloved Sudha and Gulaal if she gets married to Kesar. What more could a young girl who has lost her entire family want? Gulaal knows full well how much Talli loves Kesar, and keeps bringing up the promise of marrying her to Kesar, leading her on even more despite knowing how Kesar is now.

Talli is a sweet misguided girl who aligns herself with Kesar only because of Gulaal's promises. Once she realizes how much Kesar loves Gulaal, she will step back especially because she loves Gulaal and Jamna's words that she is a burden. She would give Kesar and Gulaal space if she was not so insecure, she doesn't know if Kesar loves her and she is madly in love with him. Obviously she wants to spend more time with him. He doesn't pay any attention to her and teases her just like a friend. But his approval means the world to her. Its such an unfortunate situation for Talli, and I have full sympathy for her. I hope she finds out sooner rather than later about Kesar's feelings - she doesn't deserve to be in the dark anymore. I fully blame Gulaal for ruining this girl's life, Gulaal is over-confident in her right over Kesar and herself being right all the time but has no clue.

I don't really agree with the highlighted portion above. From what I remember, Talli initially led Kesar in the wrong direction. When she first came on the scene, she manipulated Gulaal and Kesar to get into the program & came up with the plans to get them to play Radha-Krishna. Kesar got into trouble on his own, but I don't particularly remember Talli trying to prevent him or Kesar taking advantage of her or her having to tolerate Kesar. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I had about Talli as a child.
Originally posted by gckasturi

I don't really agree with the highlighted portion above. From what I remember, Talli initially led Kesar in the wrong direction. When she first came on the scene, she manipulated Gulaal and Kesar to get into the program & came up with the plans to get them to play Radha-Krishna. Kesar got into trouble on his own, but I don't particularly remember Talli trying to prevent him or Kesar taking advantage of her or her having to tolerate Kesar. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I had about Talli as a child.

That is true. After that though, Talli tried to prevent Kesar from drinking alcohol (bhang) when his friends insisted that he drink it, so I thought that she has changed for the better.
Originally posted by Nach_Baliye

That is true. After that though, Talli tried to prevent Kesar from drinking alcohol (bhang) when his friends insisted that he drink it, so I thought that she has changed for the better.

Maybe... 😕 Actually, I do like Talli's character a little better after she has grown; I really did not care for the child-version very much. She really does seem to be a nice, caring person - especially the way she looks out for Gulaal. However, her pursuit of Kesar does annoy me very much (really not her fault since she has been encouraged to believe that she has a future with him, but still very annoying), especially since I don't want her to cause any complications in the Kesar-Gulaal relationship or (gulp!) to end up married to Kesar (shudder!).