FF: Maaneet - Khurana Mystery Epilogue pg49 31.May - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago

Ok, I am feeling generous. You are getting 4 chapters, two now and two later:

Chapter 11:

Friendship for Love

When he reached office he thought about his favourite topic: Geet.

Collecting all the fact what did he really know about her?

1. She is beautiful (your hair, your figure, your eyes, you're just perfect)
  2. She is a great cook (after tasting your food I don't like anything else anymore)
  3. She is not affected by my anger (how dare you)
  4. She has no one (you have me, I'll always be there for you Geet)
  5. Her friends: Adi, Pinky and Meera.

That was it; he had to ask them to help him. He called Adi and talk to him. He arranged for Adi to stay back after 7pm.

Meanwhile Sasha was busy preparing for Mr Chopra's launch party. Although she had to be at the hall for most of the time she kept coming to KC to meet MK. She didn't like what she saw. Every now and then he kept going to BG, even tough it was closed for the week. And when ever he came down he had a huge smile on his face. He even yelled at her twice for interrupting his thoughts. This was so not MK. She had ordered Tasha once to follow him but she couldn't find out anything either. But she was Sasha, she would find out. MK was her catch and she would not give him away that easily.

At 7 Adi and Maan were in his cabin. Maan looked at Adi and gave him a smile. This made Adi even more nervous.

"Adi, I want to know what you think about me."

'What sort of question is that?' Adi thought.

"What do you mean, sir?"

"First, don't call me sir now. Right now I am Maan, your friend. Second, you know me since I was a kid. What do you think about me?"

Adi was happy. It had been ages since Maan sir had called him his friend. They always were but nevertheless he never talked to him as a friend since he started working in his office.

"You are a very good person from heart, Maan." Adi said honestly.

"Even though you tend to get angry at times but you care a lot for people."

Maan liked it. Adi had been by his side for a long time now and he always valued him for his honesty.

"Then tell me, after Samira do you think I should get a second chance?"

Adi kept silent for a minute. Maan sir never talked about Samira, she was a black part of his past but more over it was painful. He had lost a lot because of her and even though it was not really his mistake he always blames himself.

"Absolutely. You really deserve a second chance. Anyways, the old Maan was always better then the present one."  

"What if I tell you I want to get on with my life and get married?"

Adi fell from his chair. This was unimaginable. Maan repenting, yes that was possible. But Maan and marriage???

"Who with?" was all Adi could say. He really wanted to know who the (un)lucky girl was.

"Geet." Adi sighed, so Dadima's plan had worked after all.

"Geet is a nice girl. And more over she in not like…"

"Not like Samira, I know. But I don't know what she thinks about me. Does she like me or no? What do you think?"

"I am not sure. Last Sunday, Pinky and I spend the whole day with her and Meera. She was upset that you called her food disgusting." At this point Adi gave him a quick look.

"But she also said you might not have meant it. You see, she can't bear it when someone says something about her cooking that is why she was in tears." Maan explained Adi why he had said that word. Adi understood Maan's dilemma. He liked Geet and wouldn't be ready to help if Maan SIR had asked him. But Maan was his friend and he knew he deserved to be happy.

Adi suggested they talked to Pinky and Meera. Both knew Geet much better than him and surely would help. Maan was reluctant. Adi was his friend, but they?

"Maan, I know you for a long time now. Do you remember how in college you would befriend everyone? You were so easy going. Don't think of Pinky and Meera as you staff just as you don't think of me as one. Maybe then it will become easy to approach them."

With this he left Maan alone. Maan thought about his college times and how he used to make new friend. He smiled removed two pieces of paper, made a handwritten note on them and folded them up. After completing his work he kept one of the papers at Meera's desk and the other at the reception for Pinky.

Pinky and Meera were sitting in their MD's cabin. Both were a nervous wreck. They had been invited by their boss to a cup of coffee and the note was signed as Maan. They had no idea what was going on and the fact that he kept looking at them didn't lighten up the situation either.

"So Pinky and Meera, how is work?"

Both looked at each other and then at MK.

"Fine" they said hesitantly.

Maan could see that he was frightening them and had no ides how to lighten the situation up. He looked at Adi who seemed to enjoy the situation. Maybe it was better to be direct.

"Look, I want to be your friend. What do you think?" He smiled at both and extended his hand. Both girls didn't know where this was leading to, but shook his hand, smiling nervously.

"Do you know, Adi and I were together at college, weren't we Adi?"

"Yes Maan." Meera and Pinky's jaws dropped. Did Adi sir just call MK by his first name? The last time an employee had done that he didn't even have time to pack his stuff before he was kicked out.

"Well now there are four of us. Adi told me you went to the same college Pinky."

Pinky nodded. It was there where she had first seen Adi. He had never noticed her as he was mostly with Maan and his other friends.

"Nice. Now isn't there one more amongst us. Geet?"

Meera looked up, so this was why he was doing all this. Meera didn't have any siblings and she considered Geet as her younger sister. Even though Meera was a little shy and clam but she was very protective about Geet. And she didn't like the way MK was asking. Maan noticed the change in expression on Meera's face.

"Kya hua Meera?"

"Sir, why are you asking about Geet? She is like a sister for me and she is really innocent. I agree she can be open at times and say stuff at the heat of the moment but…"

"Calm down Meera" Maan was astonished. Never did he think that Meera would burst at him like that. But he felt at ease since he knew that Geet had someone so protective.

He took a deep breath and dropped the bomb:

"Look, I ..like….."All three waited. "Geet"

Silence. No one said anything. Maan felt he had to explain.

"I know you think I am a rude and arrogant beast, but truth is I wasn't always like this. Things have happened because of which I turned like this… but would like to get on….with Geet on my side."

"Oh you mean Samira" Pinky had said that before she could stop herself.

Adi and Maan looked at her. "Woh, everyone at college knew" she said looking down.

"It is ok Pinky. Maybe knowing what happened you will understand me better." Pinky nodded.

Meera was still unconvinced.

"But what about Geet?" she asked.

"Well I rather thought you guys could help me out. She is friends with you and she might confide in you…"

"So you befriended us to find out about what Geet feels for you?" Both Pinky and Meera stood up and putting both their hands on their hip and giving Maan a dangerous glance. It had completely slipped their mind that they were talking to MAAN SINGH KHURANA, their DD, MK, the MD of their company, Geet's dusht daanav.

Maan looked at them. 'Damn, now what?'

"Ahem, no, not at all. We are still friends." He wasn't confident at all.

Women he had always thought were devious and good for nothing. But that they could be dangerous simply by looking at you came new to him.

Adi calmed them down. He had never since college seen Maan get so frightened. The last time was when Annie had caught him smoking and threatened to tell their mom.

"Please. I really like her but I want to know how she feels for me. Will you guys help me?" Meera gave in. Pleading was really out of character for MK, maybe he was really changing. And Geet was the reason, so why not?

"Ok" Maan sighed. Adi had thought of a plan.

"I have a plan. How about Pinky and Meera play truth and dare with her. Maybe she will tell you something."

"Good idea, but what shall we ask her?"

Maan thought for a minute. He grabbed into his bag a removed a Bluetooth devise.

"Take this and put it on your ear. Keep your hair open so she can't see it. Then keep close to her so I can hear what she says. That way the questions will not sound odd."

'Maan really is Dadi's grandson' Adi thought.

Chapter 12:

Truth and Truth

So that evening when Geet came home she was greeted by Pinky and Meera. Geet told them all about the preparations and that everything was finalized for tomorrow evening. Even though Geet was a little tired she made some cheese sandwiches for all. Maan who was on the other line felt his mouth watering.

The game was on; they played for some time asking casual questions. Meera and Pinky had decided to ask each other as Maan was listening to the answers. Then it was Geet's turn and Meera asked:

"Geet, is there currently someone you like, you know as in some guy?"

Geet turned red. She was mostly thinking about Maan sir in her free time and now this question; she felt being caught red handed.

"Ahem, why are you asking?" Maan laughed.

"Geet, this is the game, we gave you a question now answer us." Pinky said. Both had noticed her head turning into a tomato.

Geet thought for a minute them nodded her head. After all Meera and Pinky were like her sisters. What was the harm in telling them?

"Sach, whom? I mean do we know him" both asked so loud that Maan had to keep his phone away from his ear.

"Only one question at a time" Geet said.

"Arre game ko mar goli. Tell us, who is the lucky guy?" Pinky exclaimed.

"Woh, 'woh '.office main.." Geet muttered.

"Office mein kya?" Meera asked. Maybe they were pushing her too much. Even Maan noticed and quickly said:

"Meera, ask her if he is good looking"

Meera asked. And Geet nodded. "Yes he is" Meera said rolling her eyes but Geet didn't see.

"Now ask her if he is just as good looking as me?"

Meera asked. Geet turned even more red but nodded again.

"She says yes." Maan had made sure not to hire someone better looking than himself after all his ego would get hurt if some girl would look at his staff rather than him.

"Ask her the name." Meera hesitated. This was a bit too direct but she did.

"Waise, naam kya hain uska?" Geet looked up, shocked. She was looking at Meera and Pinky who waited for an answer. Should she tell them? What would they think of her? But it is not like they are going to tell him, right? 

"Dusht Daanav" 

Both her friends were shocked at the revelation.

"Oye tera matlab hain Maan sir?" Pinky asked. Geet nodded.

"Parr'"

"Parr kya Geet?" Meera asked.

"I don't know. Pehle toh Maan sir ko yeh bhi nahin pata ke main hi BG chalati hu aur mera naam Geet hain. Upar se jab bhi mujhe dekhte hain mujh pe baras parte hain. Mujhe nahin lagta ke woh mujhe kabhi pasand karenge. Aur phir Rahul ke wajah se'" Geet bit her tongue.

She had never told Meera about Rahul when they were in Mumbai. She knew Meera was protective of her and wouldn't let her go anywhere alone after that.

"Yeh Rahul kaun hai?" Meera asked strictly. Maan was listening intently. He knew Geet was right, his behaviour in front of her wasn't really talking in his favour but what was it about this Rahul. He remembered the photograph of him in Geet's scrapbook.

"Woh, main jab cooking seekh rahin thi tab main Rahul se mili thi. Woh mujhe bohut accha laga'" Maan didn't like this.

"Phir" Pinky asked.

"Mujhe laga ke main usse pyaar karti hu lekin he had other intentions." Geet looked down. She couldn't face Meera who was staring at Geet unbelievably. Meera never thought Geet would hide such a thing from her, she was hurt.

"Mujhe pehle kyun nahi bataya? Haan, kyun batati, main teri lagti kya hu." She got up. Geet and Pinky got up, too.

"Meera, sun toh, aisa kuch nahin hain. Usne aise kuch nahin kiya."

Maan was in flames, he had to find out who this Rahul was and what he did to his Geet. Even in front of her sister like friends she might not say everything.

Meera was in a fix. She wanted to ask Geet more details but MK was on the line. And even if Geet didn't know Meera would feel uncomfortable asking.

Pinky came to the rescue:

"Accha phir kya hua? You broke up, right?"

"Haan, maine usse maar maar ke uska bharta bana diya." All three laughed. Meera hugged Geet, careful not to expose her Bluetooth device. Geet went to bed and Pinky went home, too.

"MK?" Meera asked hesitantly.

"Haan Meera. Bolo." Meera could sense that MK was angry.

"Main phone rakhti hu."

"Suno Meera'" He didn't know how to ask her. Only Geet could tell what really happened.

"I will ask her, shayad bata de."

"Thanks" Maan cut the phone and lay on his bed.

He was enraged but the thought that Geet liked him, too, cooled him down again.

Tomorrow he had to come to the food festival that is where he would see her again after a week's long wait. He had missed her no doubt and he had to admit that after tasting food from her hand he didn't like anything else anymore. Morning coffee had become a pain, it tasked disgusting and even lunch which he had from his favourite caf had lost its charm. Now that he knew what she felt for him it was now necessary to take another step. He thought of what Geet had said about Rahul. It seemed that she wasn't ready to trust her feelings that easily.

'Just like you, isn't she' his inner voice said.

Me, how?

'You didn't trust your feelings for Geet after Samira, either. True, both situations might not have been the same but both resulted in breach of trust. Now it is up to you to make her trust you.'

How? I have a pretty bad image in front of her. She even calls me Dusht Daanav.

'Yeah, your first impression might not be too good but why not show her who Maan really is. She likes you and that is a bonus for you. You have always been a charmer, use it.'

Edited by Mina420 - 12 years ago
Edited

Yippee!!!!!!!!!! me first ...
🥳 🥳

ok now to d update
Amazing update
loved it
maan friendly with meera n pinky tht nice...now what will sasha do
d way meera react as sis ws too gud
let see hw maan gain geet trust
thx for 2 update n waiting for next 2 parts
cont soon

Edited by ridhz21 - 12 years ago
wow awsome one yaar...loved it !!!!!
lag ja beta kaam par
geet patao mission
counting start...
wow parts 11 n 12 r amazing
now waiting 4 more
luved it
awww superb part..
this is getting interesting..
wanna see how will Maan make Geet confess her feelings...
can't wait for the next part.
sneaky-sneaky Maan😆.. and how innocent is she, to blurt out everything like that😳... nice update.. thanks for the pm.
just read all the parts!...

amazing!

continue soon!

plzzz pm me next time!
Ok, here I come with two more as I said. Plz do press like button even if you do not wish to comment. ALTHOUGH I really like reading all your comments, it encourages me to continue posting.

Chapter 13:

Food Festival

Geet woke up very early next morning. She had been called to Dadi at her house.

"Good morning Dadi. Kaisi hain aap?"

"Morning beta. Hum theekh hain. Saari tayariya hogai?"

"Ji Dadima."

"Accha, so what have you planned to wear tonight?"

Geet didn't know. She had seen many high society functions at the restaurant and the kind of clothes they wore. She didn't have any such.

Dadi smiled and said:

"Ok koi baat nahin, how about we go shopping? Meri friend ki ek boutique hain yaha mall mein. Aap ko jo pasand aaye le lijie."

"Lekin main kaise…"

"Aap mujhe Dadi kehti haina, to iss hi haq se main aab ko ke rahin hu."

Geet hugged Dadi. The amount of love Dadi shed on her reminded her of her mother.

Maan on the other hand had slept long. He had dreamt yet again about Geet and some sweet moments with her. Just when he was going to kiss her, Nakul knocked on the door waking him up. Angrily Maan went for his workout.

Geet wanted to use the washroom before going out and asked Dadi. Dadi who had seen Maan come down had told her to use the bathroom in his room. When Geet finished, she inspected the room closer. The dressing table had some perfume and she smelled it. 'Yeh to jana pehchana lagta hain. Kaha smell kiya hua hain?' Then she saw something else that caught her attention. It was a BG menu card and napkin. She wondered how they came here. After all BG was only for KC staff. Maybe it was from Dadima, but this doesn't seem her room.

She heard foot steps and turned around. Maan sir was standing in front of her sweating heavily only wearing black exercising trousers. She didn't know what to do and wondered how he is here, that too in this get up. 'Mind you, he does look damn hot' Geet thought, shocked at what her mind had just said. He kept coming closer to her and didn't remove his eyes from hers. Once he was very near her face, he closed his eyes and wanted to lock his lips with hers when she ran away. 'Hey Babaji, yeh sach tha ya sapna? Geet stop thinking about him. Bad enough that see him in your dreams now you even start hallucinating in broad daylight.' She and Dadi left.

Maan opened his eyes when he didn't feel the anticipated lips. He looked around and found himself alone. 'Was she even here or was I dreaming again? He had seen Geet after a whole week and was so eager to have her in his arms' (Liar Maan, you wanted to kiss her not hold her in you arms, his heart said) He shook his head. 'All because of this dream. Now I am even seeing her when she isn't there. Kya Maan, tu to Majnu bangaya.'

At KC, Sasha did last preparations for her launch party tomorrow. MK wasn't in and no one knew where he was. It wasn't like him to neglect his work. She had to find out. Just then she got a call.

"Hello Sasha here"

"-"

"Hello???"

"-"

Sasha thought for a minute and said:

"Samira?"

The evening came and the crystal hall was filling in. Geet had long ago changed into the dress she had bought with Dadi. It was an emerald green lehenga with heavy work on the choli but simple lehnga and dupatta. She had straightened her hair and wore an emerald necklace and matching earrings which Dadi had insisted on buying. She never cared much about her appearance but today she felt like dressing up. After all she was going to see Maan sir again. The mere thought brought a slight blush on her cheeks.

Maan walked in and looked around. He had opted to wear a black suit, black shirt with a green tie. Every girl and to his horror even some of the older ladies were drooling over him. He located Dadi who was talking to her friend Sushma. When she saw Maan she wanted to introduce her granddaughter to him but he grabbed Dadi and excused himself.

"Dadi, Geet kaha hain?" Dadi pulled his cheek.

"Itni bechaini? Waha dekhye wo ai" and pointed towards the stairs.

Maan's heart skipped a beat. He knew Geet was beautiful but today she looked mind blowing. He wondered whether it was the dress that made her look so charming or the other way round. She walked towards him.

"Good evening Maan sir." Geet smiled at him with the usual confidence but he did notice the slight blush.

"Good evening GEET." He purposely stressed her name.

"Sir, toh aap ko mera naam patta tha? Phir us din mujhpe chillaje kyun? Aap toh I-don't-know-who-Geet-is ki ratt lagae bethe the. Lekin accha hain. Arre haan jiske pehle aap phooche, main hi BG chalati hu. Waise kya…"

"GEEETTT" Maan yelled and shut her up.

"Take a break. Chalo jaha se" He took her by her hand and led her away. Some men were looking at her and he didn't like it. They went to the middle of the hall and he let go of Geet's hand.

"You are looking beautiful Geet." She blushed again. Maan smiled, the blush increased her beauty.

"By the way, what is going on here?" He looked around. This didn't look like any normal kitty party function. It was more of a fun fair but without children.

"Sir, Dadi, I mean Savitry ma'am wanted something different this year. Instead of the usual buffets I thought it might be interesting to know about food or test your knowledge. I think it is quite boring only eating all the time. Like here" both went to a stall there was a guy sitting on a chair blind folded. He was given a dish to taste and he had to guess the correct name. There were choices between Indian and Italian. The man did well till his fourth dish where he guessed wrong and had to bite into a chilli. Geet cheered.

"Come on sir try it." She said pushing him towards to chair.

"No ways am I going to do such a thing." He said backing off. Now everyone was looking at him.

"Come Maan, don't be a spoil sport. Or are you afraid of the chilli?" Dadi said in a low voice.

"Maan Singh Khurana isn't afraid of anything" he said. His ego was hurt now.

Geet ask for Indian or Italian and Maan chose Italian. One after the other dishes where brought. He tasted them and named them correctly. Then there was the last dish. Maan smiled inwardly. He had recognised this dish by its smell itself. It was the same vegetable lasagne that Geet had served Mr Chopra the other day. It had looked so delicious and smelled so wonderful that he had wanted to take a bite but couldn't.

"BG's Vegetable Lasagne" he said. Geet was delighted. 

"Sir, how did you know that I made this?"

"Geet, I recognised it by its smell itself. You served it to Mr Chopra that day."

Geet couldn't believe her ears. Her boss had actually remembered.

"Did you cook all the food over here?" Maan asked. All dishes that he had tasted were mind blowing.

"Only the Italian ones. For Indian food we had to get caterers because I couldn't make so much in so little time. Did you like it?" She had asked again in her innocent voice and Maan fell for her all over.

"Yes. I have never taste something like it. Look, I am sorry Geet." Geet looked at him questioningly.

"That day you asked me the same question and I… it wasn't meant for your food, I was thinking about something else and it slipped my tongue."

"Sir, you are actually nice, do you know that?" Geet replied.

Maan stood there flabbergasted. Even Dadi, who was eavesdropping on their conversation, chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I always thought you are a wild beast and always yell and shout at people. Now that you say that it makes me realise that you have a gentle side, too."

Dadi laughed out loud as she couldn't hold her laughter anymore.

"Dadi" Maan yelled. He looked from her to Geet and gave her a glare.

"Dadi? Sir you should not say that, she might not like you calling her that." Geet said, oblivious of his glare.

Dadi laughed more. Maan rolled his eyes. This girl really was something.

"Geet, this is MY Dadima. Savitry Devi Khurana, grandmother of Maan Singh Khurana." Geet held her mouth.

"Lekin sir, woh kaise? Yeh toh itni acchi hain aur aap kitne bade dusht daanav."

Dadi was holding on to Maan now. Maan had enough. He couldn't believe he actually liked Geet. 'Ajeeb ladki hain. Main yaha pyaar se baat kar raha hu aur yeh hain ke mujhe sunae jarahin hain.' Dadi calmed down and interrupted before Maan could answer her.

"Geet, why don't you accompany Maan to the bar and give him one of the cocktails?"

Dadi left and Maan showed fake anger by folding his arms over his chest and looking away. 'Arre Geet, yeh kya kardiya? Maan sir ek toh sorry bolrahe the aur upar she tune unko dusht daanav kaha. Ab kuch kar!' She raced off leaving Maan all by himself only to return a minute later with two cocktail glasses.

"Sir, yeh pijie gussa thanda hojaega." She held a glass in front of him but he continued his act.

"Sorry sir, please manjae na." She said that so sweetly adding a puppy face that Maan gave in. After all he couldn't be angry on Geet for long. He took the glass and sipped the drink. He had never tasked anything like it. It tasted of melon and was slightly prickly. The strawberry pieces gave the drink a soul.

"Wow Geet, this taste great. Is main kaunsi drink hain?"

"Drink, matlab alcohol? Chi chi chi babaji, mere kisi bhi khane main ja drink mein alcohol nahin dalta." She made a face like children made when they had to drink milk. Maan grinned at her attic.

"Ok, ok. But this is really great. Tumhara kaunsa hain?" He looked at Geet's glass which had a creamy liquid in it.

"Mango banana with vanilla cream." She sipped it. Maan took the glass from her and drank it out.

"Sir, woh mera jutha tha..."

"Koi baat nahin, jutha peene se pyaar bartha hain." He winked at her and made his way to the bar.

'Hey babaji, kya kaha inho ne? Pyaar? Yeh toh dusht daanav the na to ab kya hua? Kya yeh mujse pyaar… nahin Geet, aisa mat soch. Pehle bhi Rahul ne aisi hi batein karke tujhe fasaja tha. Mana ke tu unhe chahti hain lekin iska matlab yeh to nahin ke woh bhi… Upar se yeh to Maan Singh Khurana hain na, shayad har kisi ladki ke saat aisa hi karre? Geet tu door hi reh warna phir dhoka khaigi.'

Maan had watched her self talk with amusement. He couldn't hear what she had said but she looked really cute. He then saw her walking off towards Dadi.

"Sir, what would you like to drink?" the bar tender asked.

Maan asked for Geet's cocktails and tasted all of them. He was so amazed by Geet's creations. Never did he think that non-alcoholic cocktails could taste so good. He wished Geet would make them everyday for him. He then made his way to different food stalls trying to locate Italian dishes. It wasn't only him who had tasted the Italian food. It had spread like fire that Geet was an excellent cook and the Italian dishes were all finished before Maan could taste them. He was disappointed. Just then did he hear two old ladies talk:

"Wah Suman, is ladki ke haat main kya jaadu hain. Italian itna accha hain aur maine suna hain ke yeh Indian aur Chinese bhi bohut accha banati hain. Yeh hamare Harshad ke liye kaise rahegi?"  Maan was shocked. They were undoubtedly talking about Geet and he didn't like the idea of Geet being with someone else. He looked around for her and saw her on the dance floor…. with some random guy. His blood started to boil. They were only swaying to the slow music but the guy's hands were going all over Geet's back. She was dead uncomfortable but couldn't move away.

Maan told the DJ to change the music and went to Geet.

"I'll take over now" His voice made it clear that this was not a request but an order. The guy left them alone and Maan held Geet for the next song.

A waltz started to play and Maan led Geet.

"Kyun naach rahin this us ladke ke saath?" Maan asked Geet angrily in a low voice, not taking his eyes off that guy.

"Woh achanak aagaya aur Dadi ke friends ne bhi encourage kiya ke main naachu, to..." She broke off as Maan's hold on her tightened.

"To tum aise hi kissi ke bhi saath nacho gi?"

"Please sir" she said fighting his grip, hoping he would loosen up.

"Mujhe kya patta tha ke wo aisa hoga" Geet replied.

"Issi liye har kisi pe bharosa nahin karna chahiye tumhe. Anyone can come to you, smile, be nice and next you know..." Maan kept tightening his grip. It was painful for Geet. She let out a small cry and Maan heard it. When he turned to face Geet, she was all in tears. At that moment the song ended and Maan let go. Geet ran off towards the exit.

Maan cursed himself and followed her. She was running down the street. He could hear her sobbing. Maan took his car and followed her. He stopped a little in front of her and got out.

"Geet, listen to me. Kya hua, why are you crying?"

"-"

"Dekho Geet… I know it is not nice to hear such a thing. You really ought to be careful whom you trust."

"-"

"Come I'll drop you home" He pulled her by her elbow towards his car. But Geet got out of his grip.

"Main chali chaungi, Sir."

"Geet" Maan was loosing his patience.

"Look, it is dark and the way is dangerous. So come with me." He again wanted to grab her but she stepped back.

"I know sir, but you were the one who told me not to trust someone so easily. So how can I trust YOU?" Maan closed his eyes in frustration. He had meant those words indirectly relating them to Rahul but wasn't he behaving just like that, too? Being nice and a gentleman and so on. True, he really loved Geet and didn't mean any harm but how was Geet to know.

"Geet, I… I want to talk to you. I …" he desperately wanted her to know what he felt for her but found it the wrong thing to say. She will not believe him no matter what.

"Ok, how about I send the driver?"

"No, I'll manage." Maan lost it and pulled Geet by her wrist gripping it tightly. He shoved her into the car and started to drive. Silent tears started to run down her cheeks. She was in pain because of Maan's tight grips on her wrist. She remembered her mother and a fresh wave of tears rolled down her cheeks. Maan looked at her from the corner of his eyes and found the tears unbearable. He stopped the car and turned to her.

"Geet, kya baat hain? Why are you crying so much?"

"Dard ho raha hain" she said slowly.

"Forget the pain. You should trust people, just get to know them better before you do, ok?"

'Hai Babaji, yeh kya keh rahe hain?' Maan wiped her tears away and dropped her home. He watched her go into the building before returning home.

Meera was already asleep. Geet got some balm and rubbed it onto her wrist which had started to turn from red to blue. She remembered how her mother once had broken both her wrists. She was gone to Delhi for some days. After returning Geet saw the marks. She had cried, too. Geet was quite small and thought it might be the pain. Her mother had hugged her and calmed down. Geet asked if she wants to put something on her wound but her mother smiled and said a hug is sometimes a much better cure for pain.

'Ek taraf Maan sir aisi baatein karte hain jinse lagta hain ke wo mujhe pasand karte hain. Phir wo mujhe daant te hain aur dard dete hain. Mujhe unse door hi rehna chahiya. Aaj haat marora hain, kal patta nahin kya karde.'