Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

I was offered SALMAN'S YRF Film- SRK (Page 13)

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's Ek Tha Tiger

Salman Katrina starrer Ek Tha Tiger is a love story with plenty of action.
By Sonali Kumar
Sun, May 08, 2011 02:01:27 GMT

3Share

Quelling rumors that Ek Tha Tiger is a superhero film, Salman Khan and director Kabir Khan clarify that Salman's character is larger than life but not a superhero. This Salman - Katrina Kaif starrer is a masala move, a love story with plenty of action.

Kabir Khan reveals that the idea of the story by supporting Salman's view that this is a love story so a very different film from Deewar. Kabir went on to say that the idea for the script came from Aditya Chopra who took a legend from an area of conflict and put his own spin on it. The basic story is supposedly true but coming from the world of espionage, no sources are willing to set the record straight.

Incidentally 'Ek Tha Tiger' is not the first time Salman Khan has been offered a film by the Yash Raj banner, He was offered the lead in 'Chak De India'.

Salman has made it clear that he is excited to be working with the illustrious Yash Chopra especially as he remembers with fondness the great collaborations between Yash ji and his father Salim Khan such as the seminal Deewar in 1975.

Perhaps inevitably, conversation soon turns to Katrina Kaif and Salman, ever the gentleman has only positive things to say about her, "Katrina and I get along well. She's a lovely girl and one of my closest friends. There's nothing better than working with someone who is part of my family."

Kabir was certain that he wanted Salman to play the lead as he felt that the role was very similar to Salman and his personality; being a real yet larger than life character himself. After locking in Salman, Katrina, who he had worked with previously on New York, was the obvious choice and luckily for us all she reportedly fell in love with the script.

Quite the casting coup Kabir!
Reading this proves  that the role was always with Salman in mind (so SRK'S comment is a misquote).  Since Kabir wanted Salman since the get go Smile Smile

Edited by wat_up - 09 May 2011 at 1:00pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DevilsKick

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
I have to agree new stars are nothing infront of these khans..to be honest..they cant acheive what old actors did or khans..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

*fairytale*youknowmeDevilsKicktomnjerry2ZoobiDoobi

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
haha SRK will never change!

But if tomorrow his film becomes a big hit...like 3 Idiots or Dabangg then it will all be back to normal for his star status...I hope for his sanity RA One does well! I don't think he can handle it if he loses his stardom!
*~*Mehek*~* Goldie
*~*Mehek*~*
*~*Mehek*~*

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:46am | IP Logged
gosh, how I hate him...
tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Da_BagarhBilla

Maddy

Request to u, My ID Name ki Wattt na lagao... it is "BAGARH" not bagare, bagare is not a word which i use in my id name ... "BAGARH" its a Punjabi name... Also to other members who use 2 call me "Bagare" "Billu" "Billo"... If it is so difficult 2 announce my nick name... call me "BB" , but dnt insult my punjabi language word by calling bagare...

@TOPIC

Maddy

Salman n Aamir doesn't hve any ghamand... They never say in any press conference that ya i am da only "1" which Srk is saying from last 20 yrs...ROFL

For the record... SRK does not name his dog his fellow stars...and does not comnets on others movies wht salman did to Guzarish !!!! Tongue 

he sticks to himself thts differs him frm others !!!! Tongue 

And both Aamir n Salman Khan hav claimed thmselves to be the biggest stars...Aamir said tht during Ghajini days n Slamna recently !!!! LOL All r SELF PROCLAIMED stars !!!! Tongue  Even Sonam n Ranbir claimed to be the superstars !!! LOL

And a day ago i saw n an int Salman saynig... Mujhe koi man wan nahin banna... na spiderman na he man na super man... i am only Sal MAN !!!  whn he was asked if hez gonna wrk as in SRK in RA one !!! And the next day i saw Sher Khan cumin with his brother !!!!... LOL 

And its jst been twenty years SRK has joined the industry...i dont think he must be saying he is the biggest star frm the wrd go !!! LOL

Keep------------Smiling !!!! Smile

Edited by tomnjerry2 - 10 May 2011 at 4:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:38am | IP Logged

he mentioned that, because he was asked about it. Nothing wrong in saying, i was offered this film and I let it go due to other commitments.

it's 1000 times better than what Salman said regarding SRK with so much disrespect. ex: If I didnt do baazigar, srk will not make any living, then srk used to call me sir sir, he came to my home for food...LMAO what were that then?? I know Salman is a child man, still those statements are the ones who can considered as being stupid and disrespect.

when some one says, i was offered, but I didnt do a film..how is that become disrespectful? it's a professional statement  regarding a movie and the  interview is about him not doing yash raj movie etc LOL hilarious turkey logic again:D:D

when Salman said so much disrespectful things, was that interview about how SRK found his food?? was the MEDIA GUY  asked, how SRK used to talk to him?? AHH rofl 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kartipria4ever-SalShah4eva-

Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:58am | IP Logged
of course shahrukh sounds like he is full of himself all the time...but must say, his attitude is to die for! except amitabh bacchan, he is the only actor i find quite confident with his potentials.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kartipria4ever

DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

For the record... SRK does not name his dog his fellow stars...and does not comnets on others movies wht salman did to Guzarish !!!! Tongue 

he sticks to himself thts differs him frm others !!!! Tongue 

And both Aamir n Salman Khan hav claimed thmselves to be the biggest stars...Aamir said tht during Ghajini days n Slamna recently !!!! LOL All r SELF PROCLAIMED stars !!!! Tongue  Even Sonam n Ranbir claimed to be the superstars !!! LOL

And a day ago i saw n an int Salman saynig... Mujhe koi man wan nahin banna... na spiderman na he man na super man... i am only Sal MAN !!!  whn he was asked if hez gonna wrk as in SRK in RA one !!! And the next day i saw Sher Khan cumin with his brother !!!!... LOL 

And its jst been twenty years SRK has joined the industry...i dont think he must be saying he is the biggest star frm the wrd go !!! LOL

Keep------------Smiling !!!! Smile

I would like 2 Clairfy 2 of the comments about SALMAN... 

1. Salman Never Said bad for GUZAARISH ==== Even Hrithik apoligised after seeing Salman's WHOLE VIDEO of that EVENT... He Said movies which are based on Such Real life problems never work at Box Office... he Named his own movie "PHIR MILENGE" based on AIDS... he said "Kutta bhi Dekhna nahin gaya" for PHIR MILENGE not GUZAARISH...  in whole event his only mistake was by chance he tuk Guzaarish's name only... but he changed it 2 his own movies... Watch the video if i am saying anything lie...

2. Sher Khan is not a SUPER HERO Film like Ra.1 ... its a Film which will cater mainly KIDS ... NEWS was about the SPECIAL EFFECT and Rs.100/- Crore BUDGET for the movie which is similar to Ra.1

________________________ Baaki whtever u Said its ur View... ______ DhanyaWaad

Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 10 May 2011 at 5:28am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tomnjerry2-SalShah4eva-

Go to top