Dancers ki saath mathmaticians bhi zarori hai

MrManagement thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Josh should have won, manish did the math wrong. I think it has been mentioned by some of the members before but if you add up the scores josh should have won by one point. Here is my elementary style explanation
Before Shiamak made the point change:
Jalwa
Score before the takkar: 121
plus puneet score of 18 (9 from both judges)
total score=139
After Shiamak made the point change:
he gave puneet a 8 instead of a 9.
so subtract one point from 139-1= final score of 138.
JOSH
Before shiamak mad the point change
score before the takkar:122
plus mayuresh score of 16 (8 from both judges)
total score of 138
After shiamak made the point change
gave mayuresh 9 instead of 8 so add one point to the total socre
138+1= 139 for the final score.
Therefore, JOSH got 139 points and Jalwa got 138 so how is that a TIE?
Unless I am missing something josh is leading
Week 1: DID 1 won
Week 2: DID 2 won
Week 3: DID 1 won  (not a tie if you go by the math)
Week 4: DID 1 won again
So, even if DID 1 loses the next two weeks the final result will be a tie, but looking at the statistics each time DID 1 competed with DID 2 they have won 75% of the time.GO JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MrManagement - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charmz517 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Actually, that is incorrect.

Before Shiamak made the change in score, the results were as follow:

JOSH:
Friday --> 14 + 16+ 16 + 16 = 62
Saturday --> 20 + 20 + 20 + 16 = 76
Total: 62 + 76 = 138

JALWA:
Friday --> 14 + 16 + 18 + 18 = 66
Saturday --> 20 + 20 + 16 + 18 = 74
Total: 66 + 74 = 140

After the change in Punit and Mayu's scoring, Josh gets +1 and Jalwa gets -1, hence both end up at 139.

So Results are:
Week 1: Josh Won
Week 2: Jalwa Won
Week 3: Tied
Week 4: Josh Won

๐Ÿ˜Š
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Itna faltoo time kiskey paas hai? Who cares about the scores anyway, the channel knows what they're doing well ahead of the time it's done.
MrManagement thumbnail
Originally posted by: charmz517

Actually, that is incorrect.

Before Shiamak made the change in score, the results were as follow:

JOSH:
Friday --> 14 + 16+ 16 + 16 = 62
Saturday --> 20 + 20 + 20 + 16 = 76
Total: 62 + 76 = 138

JALWA:
Friday --> 14 + 16 + 18 + 18 = 66
Saturday --> 20 + 20 + 16 + 18 = 74
Total: 66 + 74 = 140

After the change in Punit and Mayu's scoring, Josh gets +1 and Jalwa gets -1, hence both end up at 139.

So Results are:
Week 1: Josh Won
Week 2: Jalwa Won
Week 3: Tied
Week 4: Josh Won

๐Ÿ˜Š

Actually, Jalwa won with 139 points last week if watch the very end of the episode they display it in the score board, so Jalwa got 139 josh got 138 last week. Maybe when you added the number for friday and saturday for jalwa I think you added one extra point.It was not a tie.Josh won, watch the ending again if still see discrepancy then i will watch it again.

MrManagement thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Itna faltoo time kiskey paas hai? Who cares about the scores anyway, the channel knows what they're doing well ahead of the time it's done.

I took me less than 5 mins, so I didn't waste that much time๐Ÿ˜ณ But there has been countless topic on this forum stating DID is not rigged so I care about the points. The whole point of DKS except to make zee  money is to see which season is better and for that points are important.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrManagement

I took me less than 5 mins, so I didn't waste that much time๐Ÿ˜ณ But there has been countless topic on this forum stating DID is not rigged so I care about the points. The whole point of DKS except to make zee  money is to see which season is better and for that points are important.

It took you five minutes to do the calculations perhaps, but you probably thought about it before and after your calculation for a lot more than that! That's all I'm saying. :) The show will probably end with a tie, so no point in fussing over scores. I doubt they would make such an obvious error in calculation. From what I remember off the top of my head, Jalwa won with one point, so the tie seems fair.

P.S. "DID is not rigged" usually refers to public voting, I believe. All reality shows influence judging to at least some extent.
MrManagement thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

It took you five minutes to do the calculations perhaps, but you probably thought about it before and after your calculation for a lot more than that! That's all I'm saying. :) The show will probably end with a tie, so no point in fussing over scores. I doubt they would make such an obvious error in calculation. From what I remember off the top of my head, Jalwa won with one point, so the tie seems fair.

P.S. "DID is not rigged" usually refers to public voting, I believe. All reality shows influence judging to at least some extent.

Perhaps your right that there is no need to argue over the score and the show will end in a tie but I am usually really competitive in sports and school so that stuff matters to me. Jalwa did win with one point but then Shiamak took one point away from jalwa and give one point to josh so josh should be leading by one point. But I understand your views and by the way I really like your shayari which you have posted on the bottom of you posts.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrManagement

Perhaps your right that there is no need to argue over the score and the show will end in a tie but I am usually really competitive in sports and school so that stuff matters to me. Jalwa did win with one point but then Shiamak took one point away from jalwa and give one point to josh so josh should be leading by one point. But I understand your views and by the way I really like your shayari which you have posted on the bottom of you posts.

the whole thing of shiamak  changing score, although was very honest, seemed a little bit unfair to both the guys. he could have given mayuresh 9 and not decreased punit's marks, god knows what kind of addition ,subtraction,manipulation was done, but i am glad they kept it a tie. to be declared a winner only for the winning to be taken away doesnt seem fair to me, and also amrita said in limelight, live dekhna and repeat dekhna  are two different things. we viewers see the repeat and there are so many scores i would want them to change.

PS: the shayari in Miss ajnabi's  sig is  lyrics from the song kyun main jagoon from patiala house
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
omg i of course had no clue abt scores cz i didn't pay much attention to dat. nice observation guys!!!!
onizuka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜‰mr mngment... u r right... ur calculations are just right...
      u r watching the same version as mine