Confirmed: Rani, Karan to attend Cannes - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by -Maddy-

Yep Maya... I just heard it today that Ash was not walking on the same day... So no live drama... ðŸ˜† 

maddy dont underestimate media

ash will deffo wear phoren kapde and rani's choices might be interesting.

rani might go the sabya way.

so who upstaged who

who was the bharatiya nari in cannes

why did abhishek not go

did ash and rani deliberately miss each other

why are they still not ttalking

what went wrong

how did things go wrong

do not underestimate zoom
Aishwarya Rai will have company at Cannes
Published: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 18:12 IST
By Sujata Reddy | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Aishwarya Rai

First it was just Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonam Kapoor, Freida Pinto and Mallika Sherawat who were supposed to represent India on a global platform, by walking the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival that begins this May 11.

Then the news of other B-towners like Saif Ali Khan and Minissha Lamba flying to the French Riviera cropped up. Obviously, everybody was excited at the prospects of an increased Indian presence at the international festival. Now, it turns out that adding to the list will be film-maker Karan Johar, actor Rani Mukerji, fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukerji and filmaker Madhur Bhandarkar.

Sources in the know say that the trio are being flown to Cannes by the same brand that Saif will represent there this year. "Last year they had taken Deepika Padukone and Rohit Bal. The brand apparently wants to be responsible for the maximum Bolly presence at Cannes this year," says a source.

While most actors are keeping details about their outfits a heavily guarded secret, it has been made known that Sabya will be designing for and styling Rani's look for the event. "Saif will be there on the 11th. But KJo, Sabya and Rani will be there on the 18th. All of them will be at the festival for just one day. The brand is also hosting an after party there, which Saif will attend. But the trio's itinerary is not yet finalised," says the source adding that if things go as planned KJo might even deliver a talk on Indian cinema there. But that's just the tentative plan.

The brand apparently wants to be responsible for the maximum Bolly presence at Cannes this year," says a source.

Cannes na hua, kiraane ki dukaan (grocery store) ho gayi. Chalo chalo sab chalo naya ration aaya hai. Ainvayi. ðŸĪŠ
Originally posted by sweet coco

Meena...babe...do you like anyone?!😆
I do, Myself.. Eraser.. Maya.. Tally.. Shabnam.. Zainab.. Ruky.. Maddy.. Simran.. Kool.. Roshni.. Dexter.. Vicky.. Mogli.. Bandi..Choco.. Shee.. Kat.. You.. Deeps-Sonam-Kareena Fans..  and everyone else i missed in this section..😛😆
What is Rani Mukherjee endorsing at Cannes? Her mosquito repellent brand???
Originally posted by zainab25

What is Rani Mukherjee endorsing at Cannes? Her mosquito repellent brand???

or maybe sex education...😆😆..
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Woh apni favorite hai. 😆
Maya knows me too well..😆😆😆
Who cares.. these socialites kinda activities suite actresses who can't act much much more.. rani doesn't need this.. she should be signing more movies.. instead of wasting her time there.
Originally posted by Meena1

or maybe sex education...😆😆..
Oh my goodness..is Rani gonna give a sex ed talk there? ðŸ˜ēðŸ˜ē😆😆 What an embarassment. 😆 
I can already imagine everyone's reactions to you must lose your virginity in your twenties or you suck 😆

Anyways I hope her dress is better than the TIFF disaster..
Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
Aish, rani sonam, malaika and freida. Saifuuu and imran.