GOTW: Riddles (Game Over)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Here's a new game.

Here's how this game goes. Every day I'll post a list of 5 to 10 riddles and you've got to answer all of them whether you know the answer or not. At the end of the day, I'll post the answers and a prize for the person with the most riddles answered correctly. Let's see how this game goes.

I'll start today with some really easy riddles to see how it goes and as the days progress the riddles will either get easier or harder or a mixture of both.
  1. I'm as big as an elephant, but lighter than a feather. What am I ?
  2. What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?
  3. A blue house is made of blue bricks. A yellow house is made of yellow bricks. A red house is made of red bricks. An orange house is made of orange bricks. A purple house is made of purple bricks. What would a green house be made of?
  4. For some I go fast for others I'm too slow. To most people, I'm an obsession relying on me is a well-practiced lesson.
  5. What is the easiest way to throw a ball, and have it stop, and completely reverse direction after travelling a short distance?
Edited by luv_cid_shreya - 12 years ago
1 - Elephant's shadow

2 - The letter M

3 - Glass

4 - I think it's Time

5 - Throw it at a wall
good game .

and shruti u are so brilliant , gave answer of every riddle sagaciously..
Originally posted by vikrant_shonit

good game .

and shruti u are so brilliant , gave answer of every riddle sagaciously..

You should try and answer the riddles as well. ðŸ˜› They're not hard at all.

Come on people. You have 7 hours to answer the riddles before I post the answers. I want some more people on here answering the riddles.
Edited by luv_cid_shreya - 12 years ago
Looks like no one else wants to give the riddles a try. That's alright. I'll post the answers and a new set of riddles. Sorry Shruti but you won't get any prize since you're the only one who answered the riddles. ðŸ˜›

Answers:
  1. Wind
  2. M
  3. Glass
  4. Time
  5. Toss it in the air
Think about the answers and at the same time look at the next post for the new riddles. ðŸ˜†
New riddles:

1. Alice is walking through the Forest of Forgetfulness. She wants to know what day of the week it is. She stops and asks a lion and a unicorn. Now the lion lies all of the time on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. The unicorn always lies on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Alice asks the lion what day it is. He says, "Well yesterday was one of my lying days." Alice can't figure it out just from the lion's answer so she asks the unicorn and the unicorn says, "Yesterday was also one of my lying days."
    What day is it?
  2. If 3 cats catch 3 mice in 3 minutes, how many cats would be needed to catch 100 mice in 100 minutes?
  3. A black dog is sleeping in the middle of a black road that has no streetlights and there is no moon. A car coming down the road with its lights off steers around the dog. How did the driver know the dog was there?
  4. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
  5. When John was 6 years old he hammered a nail into his favourite tree to mark his height. 10 years later at age 16, John returned to see how much higher the nail was. If the tree grew by 5 centimetres each year, how much higher would the nail be?
1 - Thursday

2 - Three

3 - It's day time

4 - Only once

5 - Same
All correct Shruti. Won't be posting any new riddles today. I have another thread started in which I have a question before I post a new game.
@sri - Could you please edit the topic, now the game is over and new one is posted that's why.
Originally posted by Shruti_HR

@sri - Could you please edit the topic, now the game is over and new one is posted that's why.

I thought I had, but I guess it didn't go through. I'll fix it right now. ðŸ˜ƒ