Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Whom should I chose: friend or love??

Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys
I'm in such a big problem. I need ur guys help to make a decision.

Okay, so the situation is: there's this guy n he's a really very good friend of mine. But he's just a friend n few days back he asked me out. N coz I didn't want to hurt his feelings or coz I'm just a big chicken n didn't wanted to say 'no' I said yes (I know, I know that was wrong) but anyways the problem is that now he proposed to me to b in an official relationship with him n I asked for sm time. But now I'm really confused wat to do?
I don't want to hurt him n I don't want to loose him as a friend, but I'm afraid if I'll say no he's not gonna b my friend anymore.

N there's this other guy that I like sooo much(I'm totally crazy bout him). I want to ask this guy out but some of my friends r suggesting that nows not the rite time bcoz it's gonna complicate everything even more coz both the above guys r real brothers.

So if I say yes to my friend, there's a possibility that I'll loose my love forever. N if I go after my love, I'm definitely gonna loose my friend forever!!!
Plz plz plz help me guys!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-aweshome_moi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I actually feel bad for you.Can't really imagine wht state your heart's at the moment!

Well,I'm bad at this:advisory council is something I can't handle.But frankly speaking,most of the people would agree on that you surely should choose the guy who's your frend.

1.He's your friend and you must've known him for a long tym,now.So,that would surely lead to better understanding.

2.He has already asked you out,while you dunno how his bro feels for you.

And I believe,a guy who loves you,wants you to be with him,deserves all your love and care.That's wht I think.

Aaah,love sure is complicated!!
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ok ... hmm .. well firstly I must say this is really a tough situation for you !! Don't lose hope and confidence .. things will automatically fall in the right place.
Now .. firstly you have to be sure that the guy whom you love ... loves you also. Maybe some casual talks with him can make you have an idea if he too likes you and once you're assured of it ... then don't look back ... go ahead and ask him. Because you see love can never be one sided .. it's a beautiful relationship involving understanding and care and faith between 2 people !!! Until both the people are committed and in love ... a love story can't turn out to be perfect.
Coming to your friend ... he's your friend right ?? and a true friend he seems to be ... and as you said ... he even likes you ... when he does .. nothing more should matter to him than your happiness !!! He should understand that !!! But first try finding out if the guy you like likes you too ... if he does ... maybe you both can talk out to this friend of yours and make him understands .. and if he is your true well wisher which he really seems to be ... he'll understand. But if you feel that in your case too it's a one sided love ... then I guess you can explain to your friend that as of now you're not ready for a commitment or about falling in love and tell him that he really matters in your life as a friend .. and that you don't want to lose a friend like him !!! I've been through one such situation .. though results were quite different in my case ... but I'm sure you'll handle this !! all the best 😊
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You are crazy about guy number two, doesn't necessarily mean you love him as much as you'd like to believe. The thing is, friendship is a stronger bond of love, and friendship's a humongous asset in relationships as such. I have no idea what you feel, if the magnitude of your love is not exaggerated or if you really do care about your friend, but given you asked my opinion, like of everybody in the forum - I would advice you to trust your friend's intention and go with him.   Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
~LiNa~ thumbnail
i would tell you to go for your friend too but its a little complicated. I'm afraid that since you don't really like your friend in that way..it might end up ruining your friendship with him.

But, if you don't mind giving him a chance..then with an open mind, go with him. You never know..you might just end up liking him more than you like his brother!😃
bewafa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well...what if the other guy you like never goes out with you anyways? Considering they are brothers, and I bet you your friend probably has shared what he feels for you with his brother.

So regardless of anything, that other guy will not go out with you. 

And...there is no time limit to make up ur mind. Don't feel guilty if you think you're taking too long. Tell him that you really need to sort out your feelings because you don't want to get into a relationship when you are not sure what you want. 

Of course if you say no to him after taking that time, at the start it will be a bit awkward...but then things should fall back into place.

Besides, you guys are still young so there will be no Devdas case lol.
raspberrytorte thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Test them both ... whos more truthful ? that will be ur choice :)