Posted: 12 years ago

Cool Ms. Chopra

JIGAR SHAH
     PRINT      T+  
Actor Priyanka Chopra

RELATED

Priyanka Chopra takes questions on films reflecting reality, the youth today, her choice of roles, Dostana 2 and more

Beauty queen to one of the most-sought-after actors in tinseltown today. An eventful journey with hits and misses, Priyanka Chopra has always been game for experiments — thinkDostana, Fashion, Kaminey, What's Your Rashee? and Saath Khoon Maaf. In a candid chat she talks about the choice of her roles, how far she'll go for a script, society, women in the industry, and more…

Do you think today's youth have become vocal about their needs? And that, this is evident in the characters you and others portray in films?

Youth today have become brash in singling out what they like, but I see nothing wrong with that. The earlier generation too had their desires, but hid them. As for the projection of Indian heroines, it has changed over the years. Now they can talk for themselves.

Is the portrayal of today's youth in films exaggerated?

They are a reflection of society, but at the end of the day cinema is also a work of fiction.

What will you never do in a film?

What I'm not comfortable with. I should be able to sit with my family and watch what I have done. It may be labelled bold or raunchy, but it's okay if it's shot aesthetically. For instance, Saat Khoon Maaf was aesthetically done. How much leg or back I will show is determined by the film.

If you had to kiss a girl on screen, would you?

I have enough problems kissing the guys (laughs). A girl? Maybe, if I really want to be part of the script. She has to be hot; that's a pre-requisite. For now, I'm not in the mood to kiss anyone. When people tell you they look up to you, what you do becomes an added responsibility.

Abhishek confirmed there are going to be two heroines in Dostana 2. Are you the second heroine?

At the end of Dostana, it was shown that I was going with Bobby, and there is a suggestion of marriage, so my story ends there. Unless Bobby's character dies or we get divorced, there is no chance of my coming back. But then, if there's death or divorce, the film will not be a romantic comedy anymore.

In a poll done by a matrimonial site, you lost out to Katrina Kaif in the race for the actor who can get married to Prince William.

I think they make a nice pair. He's not my type; I like Indian men.

Are films such as Love Sex Aur Dhoka and Dev D here to stay?

Good films are here to stay. Devdas became Dev D, and became much cooler.Dev D was palpable, not overdramatised and oversensitive.

Don't you want to try your hand at Hollywood?

I'm doing great where I'm right now. When an Indian actor is cast in a Hollywood film, I don't know why they are asked to speak with a pronounceddesi (their idea of it!) accent.

In Fashion you played Megha, a no-holds-barred girl. Is that the way you perceive girls in cities today?

We live in a very ambitious world. Megha fell in love with a married man, and got caught in a rut. I have been asked for my opinion on sexual favours. It is a tough (professional) world out there, but I think if you are good at your job, you will eventually succeed.

Bollywood News Service

Keywords: Priyanka Chopra, Bollywood

never liked her interviews. 😳
I loved it, thanks for sharing😊 n PC looks drop dead gorgeous in that pic😳

Originally posted by lovePC

I loved it, thanks for sharing😊 n PC looks drop dead gorgeous in that pic😳

agree😊

very cool interview.. and i agree hollywood always make the indian's accent a bit worser in their movies
Watching Ash in Bride&Prejudice the other day speak in an accent was so cringeworthy! (and that's coming from an ash fan) so I completely agree with PC!

'I like Indian men' - all the Indian men out there must be so happy after reading that😛

Agreed, 7 khoon maaf was aesthetically done but if I was her I would probably be a little embarrassed and a tad bit uncomfortable watching that with my family! Especially that scene with Anu Kapoor :|

Nice interview though! :) One of the few Bollywood actresses I actually like! It's just an added bonus that she's HOT too. :P
Edited by hindu4lyf - 12 years ago
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Watching Ash in Bride&Prejudice the other day speak in an accent was so cringeworthy! (and that's coming from an ash fan) so I completely agree with PC!

'I like Indian men' - all the Indian men out there must be so happy after reading that😛

Agreed, 7 khoon maaf was aesthetically done but if I was her I would probably be a little embarrassed and a tad bit uncomfortable watching that with my family! Especially that scene with Anu Kapoor :|

Nice interview though! :) One of the few Bollywood actresses I actually like! It's just an added bonus that she's HOT too. :P

she didn't do that scene, it was her body double ji, only love making she have done was the one with irfan khan that too in salwar kamiz ji😊
Originally posted by lovePC

she didn't do that scene, it was her body double ji, only love making she have done was the one with irfan khan that too in salwar kamiz ji😊

let me find that interview where she said that
here it is ji

Edited by lovePC - 12 years ago
the anu kapoor scene was shot separately
This is a little lower on the Wannabe scale. So I give her major props for managing to do that. Usually her interviews are nauseating, this one is tolerable.