May 7 Saturday performances

tawashe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I think overall, last saturday's performances were much better than today's. However, at least today the show ended with a very entertaining barabar ke takkar, unlike last time  (which left such a sour taste in the mouth after such great performances)

These are just my thoughts on the performances. 

Jai: I thought he was ok. At first i thought he would do something more contemporarish, but then i was glad he didnt cuz its always nice to do something different from what you usually always do. However, jai's dance reminded me of the typical  D sir style of dancing so for me personally it was kinda wierd watching him. However, i liked the part where the stick came out from nowhere all of a sudden. May be if his back flip at the end would have worked then it would be a bit better. Anyways, regardless of that, for me it was an ok performance.

Parvez: Seriously, I thought he was Dharmesh at first. LOL. In DID, i basically associate silver paint and robotic style with D sir. But Parvez was awesome. I thought he did really great, even though i agree with Shamak sir that in the middle when the song gets more 'bollowoodish' his robotic movements decreased. Regardless of that, I thought it was an awesome performance.

Siddhesh: HAHAHAHA🤣🤣   Seriously, this performance was so funny and so thoroughly entertaining. Definitely a first on the DID stage. A guy dancing dressed as a girl (without entering the drag queen zone), that too in high heels, and having 3 costume changes. He kept the feminine charm and movements throughout the performance, so in that aspect he was totally in character; however the dance moves werent very difficult. Nevertheless, considering the fact that this was something new on the DID stage, and that too very entertaining, I can see why the judges liked it so much. 

Kishore: If I was dada then I would give him a grand salute. Well, actually you know what, why do i have to be dada for that. In fact i will do that right now (gets up and gives grand salute). Oh my god, i was so terrified throughout his performance, specially the part where he almost slipped while he had the two fire balls (i don't know what they are exactly called) over his head, and also in the end when he just threw those multiple fireballs (???) into the water all of a sudden. But he did so well and his agression matched up with the song and the act. His flips in the beginning were also very clean and precise. I know because of the kerosene spill he almost slipped and so his dancing wasnt very precise in the middle; however just for such an attempt i think he deserved better comments and may be a little bit higher score. 

Actually as i watching this performance, i immediately thought of Manoj and Kishore's performance from Lil masters and wanted to see mayuresh and vrushali's faces during the performance. I loved that fact that kishore wanted to know mayuresh's opinion since mayuresh had choreographed Kishore and Manoj's fire act in LM. that was very sweet and humble of Kishore. I loved Mayuresh's answer too. He is such a genuine person.😍   Basically he said that in such performances Kishore is the best and nobody can beat him. Plus he had such a sweet smile on his face while saying this. This was my fav performance today.👍🏼

Punit: Well, new concept and i liked the fact that it was kinda related to recycling (saving the environment is always a good thing). However, the performance was just bland. My least favorite today.

Paulson: OMG!!! this guy is so adorable. I absolutely loved the opening. I was like "WOW he sucks" and then that little dialogue came which changed the whole dynamic of his performance. 🤣🤣. It was a really fun act in true Paulson style. Wasn't a great performance, but it was fun entertaining and full of energy. Oh and one more thing: Paulson you don't look like a gunda to me, so dont worry. 😆

Amrita Bhavna takkar: i enjoyed this takkar more than yesteryday's because i think it was more matched (in the sense that there were more similar things to compare for judging). D sir Vs Siddhesh in bollywood style was just not a proper takkar jodi. it should have been parvez vs siddhesh.) Anyways, both the girls were great. Loved ammu's beggining in the swing and her expressions. Bhavna's extentions are just out of this world, and her last turn on the swing right before they come together for the end was better than ammu's. For this takkar i totally agree with the judges. Even i felt that they deserved equal points in spite of ammu's slip. Now before people start attacking me on why i'm ok with ammu's slip and not ok with punit's mistakes from last week's takkar, let me explain myself. What happened to amrita was that her hand slipped in the end. Something like that can happen anytime, you never know. It's not like she forgot that she had to go to the swing and hold on to the top bar with one hand. That is what happened with Punit. He didnt have a slip up, he forgot an entire step which affected the rest of the choreography. And besides, despite the slip up amrita still ended the performance at the right time in the right way without  missing even a single step.
Edited by tawashe - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: tawashe

I think overall, last saturday's performances were much better than today's. However, at least today the show ended with a very entertaining barabar ke takkar, unlike last time  (which left such a sour taste in the mouth after such great performances)

These are just my thoughts on the performances. 

Jai: I thought he was ok. At first i thought he would do something more contemporarish, but then i was glad he didnt cuz its always nice to do something different from what you usually always do. However, jai's dance reminded me of the typical  D sir style of dancing so for me personally it was kinda wierd watching him. However, i liked the part where the stick came out from nowhere all of a sudden. May be if his back flip at the end would have worked then it would be a bit better. Anyways, regardless of that, for me it was an ok performance.

it was a good enough performance, nothing exceptional, but also not very bad, highlight, manish's   performance with the jadu ka chhadi

Parvez: Seriously, I thought he was Dharmesh at first. LOL. In DID, i basically associate silver paint and robotic style with D sir. But Parvez was awesome. I thought he did really great, even though i agree with Shamak sir that in the middle when the song gets more 'bollowoodish' his robotic movements decreased. Regardless of that, I thought it was an awesome performance.

parvez was hilarious with prince step, and that song is so chher chhar, i thought it was rilli good

Siddhesh: HAHAHAHA🤣🤣   Seriously, this performance was so funny and so thoroughly entertaining. Definitely a first on the DID stage. A guy dancing dressed as a girl (without entering the drag queen zone), that too in high heels, and having 3 costume changes. He kept the feminine charm and movements throughout the performance, so in that aspect he was totally in character; however the dance moves werent very difficult. Nevertheless, considering the fact that this was something new on the DID stage, and that too very entertaining, I can see why the judges liked it so much. 

the performance was rilli nice, but i felt he over did it😕 i saw him do sasural genda phul in znd too, i didnt feel he was something excpetional except the dancing withhigh heels, that was totally commendable, none of the girls have done it so far, his last part, sp the bellydance one was what drew my attention,it was too good

Kishore: If I was dada then I would give him a grand salute. Well, actually you know what, why do i have to be dada for that. In fact i will do that right now (gets up and gives grand salute). Oh my god, i was so terrified throughout his performance, specially the part where he almost slipped while he had the two fire balls (i don't know what they are exactly called) over his head, and also in the end when he just threw those multiple fireballs (???) into the water all of a sudden. But he did so well and his agression matched up with the song and the act. His flips in the beginning were also very clean and precise. I know because of the kerosene spill he almost slipped and so his dancing wasnt very precise in the middle; however just for such an attempt i think he deserved better comments and may be a little bit higher score. 

Kishore totally rocked the fire act, even with the dangerous slippery floor and the heavy fireballs, good job

Actually as i watching this performance, i immediately thought of Manoj and Kishore's performance from Lil masters and wanted to see mayuresh and vrushali's faces during the performance. I loved that fact that kishore wanted to know mayuresh's opinion since mayuresh had choreographed Kishore and Manoj's fire act in LM. that was very sweet and humble of Kishore. I loved Mayuresh's answer too. He is such a genuine person.😍   Basically he said that in such performances Kishore is the best and nobody can beat him. Plus he had the sweetest smile on his face while saying this. This was my fav performance today.

Punit: Well, new concept and i liked the fact that it was kinda related to recycling (saving the environment is always a good thing). However, the performance was just bland. My least favorite today.
 punit's was a big let down after his wonderful takkar last week, although i felt mayuresh deserved to win, shiamak's sommersault was surprising and punit's performance and song choice were so mehh

Paulson: OMG!!! this guy is so adorable. I absolutely loved the opening. I was like "WOW he sucks" and then that little dialogue came which changed the whole dynamic of his performance. 🤣🤣. It was a really fun act in true Paulson style. Wasn't a great performance, but it was fun entertaining and full of energy. Oh and one more thing: Paulson you don't look like a gunda to me, so dont worry. 😆

good to see him back again, after seeing same people over and pver and over again, not much can be said about his dance, his intercations with manish are way funnier

Amrita Bhavna takkar: i enjoyed this takkar more than yesteryday's because i think it was more matched (in the sense that there were more similar things to compare for judging). D sir Vs Siddhesh in bollywood style was just not a proper takkar jodi. it should have been parvez vs siddhesh.) Anyways, both the girls were great. Loved ammu's beggining in the swing and her expressions. Bhavna's extentions are just out of this world, and her last turn on the swing right before they come together for the end was better than ammu's. For this takkar i totally agree with the judges. Even i felt that they deserved equal points in spite of ammu's slip. Now before people start attacking me on why i'm ok with ammu's slip and not ok with punit's mistakes from last week's takkar, let me explain myself. What happened to amrita was that her hand slipped in the end. Something like that can happen anytime, you never know. It's not like she forgot that she had to go to the swing and hold on to the top bar with one hand. That is what happened with Punit. He didnt have a slip up, he forgot an entire step which affected the rest of the choreography. And besides, despite the slip up amrita still ended the performance at the right time in the right way without  missing even a single step.

read my venting here, i cannot accept that both are same, i am heavily leaning towards amrita coz of the small classical moves she incorporated and i am a ammu fan

my take in diff font and red color

PS: i wish they show some more avs on jalwa team too, like punit, or  ammu, or D sir, so far only have seen kruti
tawashe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tannistha

also considering that Kishore's hair is kinda wild (like an afro) i was so scared thinking what if he burns his hair. The fireballs were so close to his hair.  I was literally on the edge of my seat. 

LeadNitrate thumbnail

this act was due on second week, but kishore did  have an accident during technicals, his hair, hand and feet were burnt. somewhere you can see the reality report video which had the clip, but it was not shown in the telecast, and ruturaj stepped up in last minute and learned his govinda dance in 3 hours

tawashe thumbnail
^^^

@ Tannishtha:

wow, I'm go glad Kishore didnt give up and that he took the challenge to perform it on stage after such an accident. I have to give him props for that. 👏

Also rutu is just awesome. No body would know that he learnt it in 3 hours. that govinda dance was incredible and he rightly deserved the CRACKER, and THAT'S WHAT I CALL A PERFORMANCE that rutu got for that performance. Love you rutu!!!
LeadNitrate thumbnail

^^^

@ Tannishtha:

wow, I'm go glad Kishore didnt give up and that he took the challenge to perform it on stage after such an accident. I have to give him props for that. 👏

Also rutu is just awesome. No body would know that he learnt it in 3 hours. that govinda dance was incredible and he rightly deserved the CRACKER, and THAT'S WHAT I CALL A PERFORMANCE that rutu got for that performance. Love you rutu!!!

yes, if it was me i would chickened out for life and not performed with fire at all
 and there was a article posted that praised rutu for  acting like a true leader and stepping up for occasion
digitalone 33 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Punit performance was like ok ok for me also
but if on base of this concept if Amer is there then level of DSK jalwa is like different only...but it was given to punit so what to say now
but i was really not satisfy with the performance of punit

Kishore what a performance and he really put a great effort on this performance. Uma gati awesome work done on this concept once

about Takkar had said on the post individual made.

About Siddy i would have have seen him doing this many times in the female side soo its not new to me at all but yaa he remains in the character and not overdone it was the main thing and changing cloths 3 times is also good. but i will say have seen him doing so not new.

And even Remo in DID 2 make Shashank and punit do the mithological act and in which Shashank was girl and a god too

in DID 1 also terrence had made to do a mujra and in that Prince and Sid was grl only

soo this is not said to be the 1st time.

but in the solos this was done for the 1st time on DID stage for sure

about paulson awesome performance no comments on it as he is dancing too good so cant see any mistakes on it.

about Jai ok ok ok cant say much as he is not coming in my list only...:) hahaha

about Parvez its like for me its KB3 and GS for sure...want too see him more lie this in solos and in duet  also lets see but i like  the performance for sure.