dance ki takkar2 amrita and bhavna

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
First of all, i am a huge fan of amrita coz she is a classical dancer, and so this topic will be leaning towards her, please dont blame me later for being partial.

i wanted to analyse the takkar today. from the preview itself, i felt it was going to be an excellent takkar and i wasnt disappointed.
 the girls looked like doing a duo, rather than a takkar, both of them had some nice moments, bhavna had such awesome streches, and the highlight was her bellydance move, i thought it was amazing.

having said that, i thought it was unfair to rate bhavna and amrita the same marks and it was done plainly to make josh the winners. Not that they are not deserving, but amrita deserved atleast one mark more than bhavna. 
 I will tell you why:
 her expression, bhanva's were pretty much limited.
her movements and the techniques, even when she stood still, she had the poise and grace,  her just standing still was a freeezing moment.
 Shiamak caught all the nice streches by bhavna, which were really good, but what about all the complicated moves amrita did?  i didnt hear him saying a word about her bhoomi chakkar or the perfect paltis she took, they are even difficult than the dhanurasana postures bhavna took, i simply cannot get over the fact that both of them scored the same. amrita deserved atleast 1 mark more than bhavna overall, that way josh would have won but still i wouldn't feel so bad.

okay i am done with my ramblings, if anyone have some coherent and better thoughts on it, feel free to share it.  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hmmm you do have a point Tannistha. I thought Amrita was better when it came to technique and expressions. I so wish she din't slip for that last pose πŸ˜” On the other hand, Bhavna's extensions and flexibility were tremendous. Some of the steps Amrita did were done before especially the cradle step in the beginning. I remember her doing it with Vatsal in LM or maybe it was Vatsal who did that step and she choreographed itπŸ˜• Nevertheless I really like that! Amrita missing that last pose made their scores same, may be πŸ˜• and Bhavna's flexibility made her get 9 points πŸ˜• Those are some of my assumptions obviously πŸ˜ƒ
This is what i call a takkar! Probably one of the best ones so far .. they both were practically at par. Amrita's transitions are fabulous, while bhavna could use some work in that dept. Bhavna's extensions are beautiful .. and she's taller than amrita..which actually makes themlook better in appearance. I thought amrita was slightly better...just the last pose aaah! poor thing </3
Edited by PimpJuice - 12 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Bhavna's extensions and her flexibility are all great, but I felt she was more like an acrobat or gymnast in this performance! She was not emoting much - not through her expressions nor through her dance. The movements were all there, the choreography was there, but I still felt that she connected to the song, the mood of the song, and the lyrics. Since she did not connect and create that atmosphere during her performance, it was difficult to connect with her. On the other hand, Amrita's expressions, emotions, transitions, poise, grace, and the difficulty and variations of her movements were also superb! I definitely think they should have given Amrita 9s and Bhavna 8s. While the takkar was fantastic, there was a clear winner here as well.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 IT is nice to see quite a few of you agree to my point.

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Bhavna's extensions and her flexibility are all great, but I felt she was more like an acrobat or gymnast in this performance! She was not emoting much - not through her expressions nor through her dance. The movements were all there, the choreography was there, but I still felt that she connected to the song, the mood of the song, and the lyrics. Since she did not connect and create that atmosphere during her performance, it was difficult to connect with her. On the other hand, Amrita's expressions, emotions, transitions, poise, grace, and the difficulty and variations of her movements were also superb! I definitely think they should have given Amrita 9s and Bhavna 8s. While the takkar was fantastic, there was a clear winner here as well.

yes, if not 8s and 9s, i thought  amrita deserved atleast one mark more, clearly remo would not do that, coz bhavna was from his rangeela, but i thought shiamak should have done that, he is supposed to be the dance guru, but why do i feel at times he gets very limited. 
the only wow moment was the bellydance potion by bhavna

Originally posted by: PimpJuice

This is what i call a takkar! Probably one of the best ones so far .. they both were practically at par. Amrita's transitions are fabulous, while bhavna could use some work in that dept. Bhavna's extensions are beautiful .. and she's taller than amrita..which actually makes themlook better in appearance. I thought amrita was slightly better...just the last pose aaah! poor thing </3 

yes exactly, bhavna's height aids her when she is  doing the streches, she lengthens a lot, something which punit also does beautifully, using the height,
amrita on the other hand is petite, but she makes up for by the moves and her speed, gosh, when she did the chakkars i was amazed, and also the paltis, keeping them in with respect to one centre and not shifting, you can draw an arc over the places she covered doing the paltis

i think, the last slip was the reason they were graded equal.

Originally posted by: luv2dance

hmmm you do have a point Tannistha. I thought Amrita was better when it came to technique and expressions. I so wish she din't slip for that last pose πŸ˜” On the other hand, Bhavna's extensions and flexibility were tremendous. Some of the steps Amrita did were done before especially the cradle step in the beginning. I remember her doing it with Vatsal in LM or maybe it was Vatsal who did that step and she choreographed itπŸ˜• Nevertheless I really like that! Amrita missing that last pose made their scores same, may be πŸ˜• and Bhavna's flexibility made her get 9 points πŸ˜• Those are some of my assumptions obviously πŸ˜ƒ

yes, you are right, she did the cradle step once before in LM with vatsal, post the elimination,i find it beautiful and the strength u need to finish like that, without losing balance

lol , i think so too, amirta's missing the last pose made the difference, to be honest, i didnt think bhavna's flexibility were better than amrita, some of her stretches were, but over all both of them are equally flexible, the cart wheel one was the best example.
 well whats done is done
i do hope amrita does a proper manipuri solo, or gets a chance to do it and she can wow all the judges and show them what she is capable off

PS: like alisha, i think amrita too has lost touches with active dancing. while alisha,as i read in an other post, is concentrating on studies and D3, amrita i guess is concentrating more on teaching and choreographing.

digitalone 33 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ahhh...
this is the topic i wanna start it
but its ok as its done and ppl are commenting

even i also felt that Ammu was much better then Bhavna for sure
as in whole Ammu was much better except that last part pose once but its ok its just a simple thing but does not deserve 8 at all its 9 performance for sure. the perfect expression with the clean and crisp movements and fun dancing its too good.

And about bhavna as u have already said so not going to repeat all again here but her flexibility was soo much that she can do anything for sure she will be better in arial acts for sure if they try in solos then. but Ammu movers are much better then her.

And this is said to be the real takkar for sure...Ammu and bhavna
now wanna see Ammu and Alisha that  would be sure or else Ruturaj v/s Atul. but its like having
* here as atul will not do be boying and that 3 summer sults on the stage all time again and again now i dont wanna see that on stage again. 

here * means condition apply 🀣
tawashe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: digitalone 33

Ahhh...
this is the topic i wanna start it
but its ok as its done and ppl are commenting

even i also felt that Ammu was much better then Bhavna for sure
as in whole Ammu was much better except that last part pose once but its ok its just a simple thing but does not deserve 8 at all its 9 performance for sure. the perfect expression with the clean and crisp movements and fun dancing its too good.

And about bhavna as u have already said so not going to repeat all again here but her flexibility was soo much that she can do anything for sure she will be better in arial acts for sure if they try in solos then. but Ammu movers are much better then her.

And this is said to be the real takkar for sure...Ammu and bhavna
now wanna see Ammu and Alisha that  would be sure or else Ruturaj v/s Atul. but its like having
* here as atul will not do be boying and that 3 summer sults on the stage all time again and again now i dont wanna see that on stage again. 

here * means condition apply 🀣

@ bold: but i thought Ammu did get 9. Didn't she? I thought she and bhavna both got 9, 9, 9 from the 3 judges.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: tawashe

@ bold: but i thought Ammu did get 9. Didn't she? I thought she and bhavna both got 9, 9, 9 from the 3 judges.

u  r right, both got 9, and somewhere it felt injustice to amrita, she deserved atleast 1 mark more than bhavna, that would have been win win, josh would have won as it was supposed to happen, amrita would  have received  the  marks she deserved, coz over all ammu i felt was way better tha bhavna, bhavna has amazing streches, but thats about it
HashiBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

u  r right, both got 9, and somewhere it felt injustice to amrita, she deserved atleast 1 mark more than bhavna, that would have been win win, josh would have won as it was supposed to happen, amrita would  have received  the  marks she deserved, coz over all ammu i felt was way better tha bhavna, bhavna has amazing streches, but thats about it
[/QUOTE]

I felt other way around. I thought Bhavana deserves at least one make more than amritha.. Amritha has repeated few steps she did in lil masters, and couldn't complete the act very nicely , And bhavan has the hieght and whatever she does it looks more attractive than amritha's