Sasural Genda Phool

TOI: Cheers to TV moms--Badi Maa

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Cheers to TV moms

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | May 8, 2011, 12.00am IST

Change is the order of the day. Even on television. 

While prime time dailies might have graduated from saas-bahu tearjerkers in urban setups to stories about small town and rural India, but our telly moms too have evolved over the years. The docile and timid figure whose responsibility ended after she had dished out yummy delicacies and who had no qualms about staying in the periphery without interfering in family matters has been replaced by a strong, independent spirited woman who balances home and work place responsibilities comfortably. Today's small screen moms are vibrant, vocal and equal partners. Here's a quick look at some women who've made an impact in their screen mom role play. 

Supriya Pilgaonkar
(Shailaja Kashyap in Sasural Genda Phool) 
Better known as Badi Ma, Shailaja holds a huge joint family together, takes major decisions and calls the shots in her family. She's calm, level-headed, yet tough. "This character is very close to my heart. I just don't take decisions randomly in the house but also make sure that I ask everyone's view on the matter. People think that one shouldn't listen to women or ask their opinion but I hope my character can show people that women are important in their families and deserve respect," says Supriya. 

Even as moms graduate from making aloo paranthas and kheer and become stronger people, one thing hasn't changed about them β€” their deep-rooted love for their children. Love them, hate them, but you can't ignore telly moms who straddle tradition and modernity and create their distinct places in our hearts every night.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thanks for sharing Tanu di!..Supriya ji..ur charachter is close to our hearts too!!!..Love Badi Ma the most in SGP!!!...and Happy mothers day to all the mothers here...πŸ€—...

GurpreetD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing TanuPieπŸ˜ƒ...

Happy Mother's Day To  All The Awesome Blossom Moms in the World...Miss My Mommy  who is Bak Home😭 ...But she Doesnt Miss MeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Armu4eva thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Rubaldhillon

Thanks for sharing TanuPieπŸ˜ƒ...

Happy Mother's Day To  All The Awesome Blossom Moms in the World...Miss My Mommy  who is Bak Home😭 ...But she Doesnt Miss MeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Why would she.. afterall she is relieved of the TORCHAAR of having u nag her 24x7 πŸ€£

LoLz kidding...

Wishing a Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms in the whole wide world πŸ€—
Armu4eva thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .sb.

Thanks for sharing Tanu di!..Supriya ji..ur charachter is close to our hearts too!!!..Love Badi Ma the most in SGP!!!...and Happy mothers day to all the mothers here...πŸ€—...

Supriya ji..for ever n ever n everrr...!! She rocks.. πŸ€— 
BM is a role model for all Moms n Sasu-Moms on TV πŸ˜³
Feefi thumbnail
Thanks for sharing tanu di!! Badi ma is indeed one of the best mothers created!!! 

Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there! 
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thankyou so much for sharing. For me when SGP started I was in awe of BM, loved her completely, but ever since THAT hideous track, I have disconnected from her totally.
Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mjtruelegend

Thankyou so much for sharing. For me when SGP started I was in awe of BM, loved her completely, but ever since THAT hidious track, I have disconnected from her totally.

I know yaar...

yet for me..she still figures in the list of the best of what we got on TV at present! 
GurpreetD thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Armu4eva

I know yaar...

yet for me..she still figures in the list of the best of what we got on TV at present! 

Me Three...But I think There wasnt Much Shown between Suhana nd BM after that Hideous track(according to MJ😳) πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Armu4eva

I know yaar...

She may be one of them best but I actually feel nothing towards her now. I am sorry to say. Her sadistic side that was shown, disgusted me so much that even when she cried for Panna, I did not feel sorry for her. I felt bad for Panna but nothing for her.