Aishwarya at Cannes - Decade Special - Page 45

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by -Skye-

Face wise Gorgouesss! Dress is a bit of a disspointment but the colour is nice!

You were right...will impress!!! I'm happy...the color isn't an ugly grey...but more of lighter one and ore "earthly"...she looks fab!!! Don't like the waist part of the dress...could have been better!! I wonder which designer it is?! Who thinks Cavalli?!
Originally posted by sweet coco

I know!!! School made me stray away from the FC, but I'm coming back in full force and soon!!!! I do remember...it was uber cute!!

For fun to come!! YIPPEEE!!!! Dessert time!

Yeah...I will also have now some more time to come...so don't worry...I'm also back !!
Thanks for the amazing pictures...

Def dessert time...Enjoy !!
Originally posted by angelshy

Love the color ...but just the style towards the waist is a lil different..makes me think a lil bit  ...the makeup is good ..she looks confident & very graceful 

Confidence does it for me!!! She carries herself...could have been way worse...but I'm happy!!!! Bery graceful and elegant indeed!!!😃
Originally posted by jaanlover

Yeah...I will also have now some more time to come...so don't worry...I'm also back !!
Thanks for the amazing pictures...

Def dessert time...Enjoy !!

No worries!! I'll be waiting!! First gotta eat and then we'll be back too!!! 

You welcome and thanks for commenting away...love it!!!
@Q...What you think?! You're pretty unbias!!!😆
I am no Aishwarya fan, and i almost always find something unappealing about her choice of outfit and makeup. But O.M.G how, utterly, gorgeous does she look here?

Her makeup is just perfect, usually her smoky eye effect is a little strange, but here, the makeup artist got it so right.

Does this woman look 37years of age. ^ The attire, the jewellery, the makeup, the hairstyle, .. simply stunning. It's all ethereal!
Edited by driftingaway - 12 years ago

This is how to kick off Cannes Film Festival

The stunning Aishwarya Rai was a total knock out at the Opening Ceremony tonight in Cannes.

I love how regal the Indian beauty looks wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2011 Couture gown.

The model didn't do this one-shoulder lightly embellished gown justice.

Aishwarya's breath-taking gown is doing 20% of the work; she puts in the 80% by living up to her title of being one of the most beautiful women in the world.

I'm in love. Head over heels. Her Hair, make-up; everything is total perfection.

A Jimmy Choo 'Cosma' clutch completed the look.

She's wearing Elie Saab Haute Couture SS 2011. She wore Elie Saab in 2010 and 2009 as well. Remember that horrible hair do from 2010 when she was in a lavender gown...well, that was Elie Saab as well.

It's one of the prettiest collections EVER. But Elie Saab, unlike labels like JPG or McQueen or Givenchy is very conventionally pretty. It's quite inkeeping with ARB's personality that she choses to wear a label which, quite like her, is utterly and conventionally and unabashedly pretty, but without any much meaning or depth or edge or any sort of real personality. The dress looks pretty, but pretty is the byword of Elie Saab. And it really isn't even the prettiest dress of the collection, TBH.

Hair, meh. Make-up , Meh. She looks OK, but nothing breathtaking. Karolina Kurkova and Uma Thurman in Armani Prive and Versace respectively washed the floor with Ash. Most Beautiful woman of the world... yeah, maybe she held the dubious title like, ten years ago. She isn't aging as well as some others in the spotlight have, and to call her the most beautiful woman in the world when there are scores of others younger and more prettier is facile. Her best Cannes appearance was in 2006, when she was super-toned and looked fresh. 
Edited by joie de vivre - 12 years ago
I feel so bad saying something unflattering about her here Hetal
That is why I wrote on that sticky thread.😆 
I think she looks nice  - the makeup, hair  are fab. Minimalistic is good with her.
The gown itself I like  -but  the color is too mousy. It looks more beige than gray to me. She would have stood out more in a dark color - deep reds, dark browns or navy blue. But I like the cut of the gown - this is better than those figure hugging ones which  does not complement her figure. I think its a good choice.
 Now I can't wait until tomorrow to see her next outfit 😆
Aishu fills out the gown much better than the model  IMO.