sheee

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Narmada has worked hard: Govinda
Hiren Kotwani , Hindustan Times
Mumbai, May 07, 2011
  Email to Author

First Published: 12:49 IST(7/5/2011)
Last Updated: 16:08 IST(7/5/2011)

Most star parents, whose children have acting aspirations in Bollywood, guide them. But Govinda doesn't work that way. The actor maintains that he's not going to dictate terms for his daughter Narmada's foray into movies.

Probe him on her debut, under the direction of Lovely Singh, and Govind
a says, "She has worked very hard. Besides, it's natural for me to want her to make a good debut. The film is yet to be officially announced, so it's not right for me to talk."

Taking the first step forward, Govinda ensured that Narmada didn't get a lot of celebrity pampering during her upbringing. "She's not treated like a star at home. I just want her stars to remain good, that's all I can pray and hope for," he jokes.

However, when talking about his own career, the actor is far more blunt. For now all his attention is on re-consolidating his position in Bollywood. "This has been my problem from the start. I wasn't relieved till I became a star. Now, till I don't establish myself again, I won't be satisfied," says the actor, who doesn't have any apprehensions or reservations in demanding good roles.

GovindaHe attributes this confidence to his stint in politics. "Having asked for votes, I can't feel shy asking for roles," he smiles. "It's better to work with good people and strengthen my position. My acts may be perceived as being selfish, but to some extent every actor is and has to be."

Though Govinda was among the first few actors to venture into production, he'd rather continue working in front of the camera. "It wasn't a good experience," he shrugs, recalling brother Kirti Kumar foraying into production with Radha Ka Sangam (1992). "That resulted in debts. After I got out of that, everyone around thought we should become producers. They thought 'Govinda is our in-house star. We'll ask his help and then become his owners'. Back then, I couldn't say no," concedes the actor, asserting that he's glad to have realised it.

Summing up the lessons learnt, Govinda stresses upon the importance of being objective. "If God is kind to you, you'll think you're right for others. But many can't do anything good for you. It's better you do it yourself," he says, but is quick to add that he has no regrets. "I've no ill-feelings or frustrations either. I've corrected all my mistakes," he says.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

desigrl05 IF-Sizzlerz
desigrl05
desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
I doubt he can do much for his daughter as he's still struggling for himself :X but I hope both getwhat they're looking for

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee-PinaColada-

sheee IF-Rockerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged

It doesn't matter he is struggling or not, in his daughter's case. All she needs is acting ability or luck

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-PinaColada-bamboocopter

sheee IF-Rockerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged

Govinda's shocking confessions!

TNN | May 7, 2011, 12.00am IST

Govinda
We like him because he's naughty, yes, even at forty. But we love him because he's shockingly frank, whether he's talking about his friends, foes or family.

During an exclusive interview on Zooming In With Omar, he made some revelations which caused tremors in the studios to start with. When asked about extra marital affairs in his life, he said, "Somethings in life should not be spoken about publicly. Its best kept a secret."

He didn't accept, neither did he deny. Aha...smart one, Govinda. Then when quizzed about daughter Narmada's much delayed Bollywood debut, he said, "I'm a failed producer. I told Narmada upfront that it was pointless starting something I'm not good at. I made her understand that it wouldn't be a good way to start her career, and she should wait for her big Bollywood offer from some other producer." Well said Govinda. We guess it will be a good idea to 'partner' with someone. One superstar Khan for instance...

bamboocopter

.Alluring. IF-Dazzler
.Alluring.
.Alluring.

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
so many star kids and star fathers... Good luck to her! 

sheee

Neetu_GirlPower Goldie

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bulls-eye

bulls-eye IF-Dazzler

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged

bamboocopter

bamboocopter IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged

bulls-eye

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top