Fan Fictions

Shades Of Gray [AR]

z.e.p.h.y.r thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
SHADES OF GRAY

Hello people! I know this is going to come as a surprise to many of you who know me from The World's Oldest Story!! I know that story needs to be updated badly. And I know I really shouldn't be starting a story at this point in my life when I am extremely busy. But my problem is that I feel extra rebellious when i am under a lot of stress to do something important and I end up doing things that I shouldn't be doing. So what happened was that I had one idea flitting in and out of my neural networks from quite some time now. But I avoided penning it down coz I didn't want to take up parallel stories what with TWOS!! already being difficult to manage by itself. Plus, this story is absolutely different from the story of TWOS!!. And unlike TWOS!! its going to be a short story with a few parts. Not a full fledged soap opera! LOL! But just like TWOS!! it is also extremely cliched. The concept is trite and very filmy and has been written about a million times over. But I just wanted to put it down in my own words and ways. The inspirations behind this story are quite a few characters, a few interesting conversations with some interesting people and of course, life itself! Plus it has nothing to do with the characters of Armaan and Riddhima in DMG! I have used their names only coz its easier for me to imagine them and also coz, lets face it, more people read it if its about AR.. LOL!! Jokes apart.. I request people to not keep TWOS!!-type expectations of perfection from this story, coz the story is itself about imperfection. The imperfection of the contemporary way of life. I don't live this life, but I have seen and heard of people who do have such unfortunately interesting lives. This is just my take on many a controversial topics that I am certainly not an expert at, but have an itch of writing about them anyway. LOL!! So without much further ado, I'll just post a small introductory part to this story. And please don't ask me for an update right away!๐Ÿ˜›ROFL!! ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by zephyrr - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

z.e.p.h.y.r thumbnail

"Armaan! Where the hell were you?! Pichle do din sey gayab ho tum! Tumhe pata hai everyone was looking for you.. Everyone was so worried.. You weren't answering our calls.. You weren't at home!! You weren't with any of your friends! What the hell is going on.. Already tum itne dino se roz late aa rahe the.. Aur fir toh gayab hi ho gaye! And now you show up at my doorstep at one in the night!! What the hell is wrong with you!!"

That was Ms. Riddhima Gupta yelling at a certain Mr. Armaan Mallik as he stood at her door, his brows raised as she berated him continuously.. Only if she's let him speak, it could save her future possibilities of getting hypertension! Armaan however was sure that the way she stressed over everything and anything around her, was sure to land her up with an overworked heart.. And though she didn't care about it much.. He surely did.. Apart from that, he really needed to shut her up or he'd have to stand at the door for the rest of his life and he didn't want that.. It had been a stressful two days for him.. And he had come to her to seek solace.. Not to be shouted upon.. So he cut her in the middle as she continued to sing the laurels of his irresponsibility, "Riddhima!! Main kucch bolun?", he asked her holding her by both her shoulders as he led her in and shut the door behind himself..

Riddhima just looked at him with her mouth open, unable to believe the cheek of this guy.. It was true that she had been worried about him.. And she was glad to see him in a good state though he looked a little worried, but that didn't mean she'd invite him in at this time of the night! "Please boliye na Mr. Mallik! Andar toh apne aapko invite kar hi liya hai aapne!", she spoke sarcastically as he dropped himself on the couch, almost lying on it, the stress clear on his face..

Armaan just ignored her sharp comment and told her what he should have 10 min ago.. "Riddhima.. I am.. kind of.. In some trouble.. I kind of need help..", he stuttered, looking at her a little guiltily..

"Toh tumhari biwi ke paas jao na.. Yahan kyun aaye ho?.. Armaan its one in the night!..", she reminded him the unearthly hour at which he had decided to appear.. And though she was curious to know what was going on in his life, she didn't understand why he couldn't just go home..

"Riddhima main apni biwi ke paas nahi jaa sakta.. ", he told her, sighing, as he held his head in his hands.. The pounding was killing him..

But that answer of his had confused Riddhima royally, "Kyun?", she asked him, taking his hands off his face and asking him to look at her..

He looked at her reluctantly, then looked away.. His expressions hardened as he thought of the last few weeks and all that happened in his life in the last one year.. He felt rotten.. And he needed Riddhima.. He knew she was the only one who would understand him.. Besides, he had nowhere else to go.. Not yet.. As much as he had tried to keep this from her, now he would have to tell this to her.. Coz she wouldn't help him if she didn't know why she was helping him.. So he looked up at her, giving her a wary look before  he spoke softly and very slowly.. "Kyunki ab who meri ex-biwi hai! And I don't think I am welcome in my own home anymore.. if i can call it my home at all anyway..", he added softly.. She heard him, saw him close his eyes as he said that, and just stood there next to him, too stunned to react, too shocked to even blink her eyes.. This couldn't be happening.. No this couldn't!

Edited by zephyrr - 12 years ago
ARCaskettFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Cnt wait to read it! 
update soon!!!!!!!!
saniashzadi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

hey dear...

really like this small intro...all the best for this new ff...looking forward for more update.

plz add me to ur pm list for this story.

all the best 

love

sania

Riddss thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nice start
continue soon
khahani thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The title is very intriguing...I am looking forward to it! and Rachnaa I will reply to your scrap soon, sorry about the delay! :D

Edit:

Now I have read it and WT* he is married!! Could Riddhima be the best friend with ahem benefits?? And what sort of history do these two share that Armaan does not think twice before knocking on her door step in wee hours of the night! So much is taking place in this small intro and if you leave us hanging for too long we will have indigestion๐Ÿ˜†  

Edited by khahani - 12 years ago
Hello_01 thumbnail
what a story, i hav a look 'mouth-dropped-down' ! you don't know, how i am feeling rite now... pata hai something different bubbling up in my heart - why do you do this yrr, heart mai kuch kuch hota hai, par tum nae smjho ge ๐Ÿคฃ - why do you stop at such  crucial moment - couldn't uh rite more *huff*!!

๐Ÿ˜† see the upper thing is result of such a intriguing start - you have got me stick to it, and now i will keep on thinking when will i get more, more and more to read, poor me - hve to wait for both ffs of yours now...! ๐Ÿ˜›

Let me say one more thing, that the start was shocking, breathtaking - exciting, i am all jumpy for this ff !! Pleasse update - i want to know how you rite more on this ff - and plus one more thing,  i wish this ff turns out to be neva ending ff like your Twos ๐Ÿ˜ƒ, from heart... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Love Maha๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Hello_01 - 12 years ago
ssidra thumbnail
nice concept
Cont soon
Plzz add me to ur pm list
Munchkin. thumbnail
Sounds interesting! You should continue! =)
SankiPagal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMg u started a new one... wen u already havnet upd8td twos  from a long time...???? u r weird at times... :S... ne  ways loved it... continue it. n also upd8 it as frequently as possible...