Kesariya Balam Aavo Hamare Des

Rasal's remarriage is a ridiculous idea

neelabha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I feel the plan to get Rasal re-married is hasty and ill-advised. It's only been a few months since Ranveer lost his memory. Everyone is acting like he's incurable! How can Rasal's parents and in-laws even CONSIDER the idea? What if Ranveer recovered his memory after Rasal's re-marriage? What if he then longed for her and their baby? Would Vikram be expected to divorce Rasal so that she could return to her first husband?
It's a gross violation of Rasal's basic human rights. This whole situation is reminiscent of the Hindi film Nikah and the real-life case of Gudia which was also turned into a movie. At a more general level, this concept is symptomatic of a woman's status in the world. Is she a football to be kicked around at the whims of her husband, family and society? Doesn't Rasal have any say in the matter? Why is everyone pressurising her? And why doesn't anyone else speak up for her? Poor Rasal!
Most of the women in this serial have been victims of a male-dominated society. From Gayatri, through Padma, to Rukmi, and now Rasal-- they have all suffered and sacrificed to uphold the prevailing social norms . Even Mumal endured harassment from her in-laws. Vikram's bhabhii was nearly burnt alive on her husband's funeral pyre in the name of the custom of 'sati' . And now, the new village girl, whom Deep desires, is also a potential victim of uncontrolled male lust.

Edited by neelabha - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Hmmph , but it's the only option , other wise Rasal'll have 2 spend her whole life with out love , after all Vikram loves her truely , that's why he's ready 2 take her back along with some one else's child in her womb , does that have no value ?
kamkailash thumbnail
yes correct. If rasal marry vikram, definitely she will get true love. Her life is also happy. If she is happy, rukmi also happy. If rukmi happy, ranveer is also happy. Rukmi loves ranveer truely and so she sacrificed her life and spend her life as servant. She is not jeolous of rasal, when rasal and ranveer live happiy. Because her sister also happy and her husband also happy. She did not think about her. But rasal not like that. she is living for her happiness. So she wont allow rukmi and ranveer to live happily. Live and let them live. This is the good solution.
neelabha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I respect your feelings, my friends. But I still feel that Rasal is getting a raw deal. Ranveer has made a choice: he wants to be with Rukmi. Fine. But why doesn't he give Rasal a similar  freedom to choose? In the past, Rukmi also faced this situation. Ashu loved her  and wanted to marry her. But she chose to stay loyal to her husband, Ranveer. Rasal is doing the same thing now. I fully support her. How much Vikram loves her is a secondary consideration. The main thing is Rasal's wish. Does she have no right over her own life?
In all this, the one who has behaved most selfishly is Ranveer. When he rejected Rukmi, he got a second wife, Rasal. Now, he prefers Rukmi, so he wants Rasal to leave. Each time, he gets what he wants and one woman or another has to pay the price. Surprisingly, inspite of that, he gets a lot of sympathy, while the women in his life are blamed and condemned.
Edited by neelabha - 12 years ago