Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged

Ragini: I will not leave television

• May 7, 2011
  • Rachana Trivedi
Ragini: I will not leave television

Q TV or films — which medium offers more challenge to women in general and Ragini Khanna in particular?

It's all about getting the right role. I have got lots of calls from the industry people as well as my friends and they appreciated my role in Teen Thay Bhai. The movie was the perfect debut for me. I am blessed that people like to see me on small and big screen as well.

Till more films are finalised I will focus on my show. Even after acting in films, I will not leave television. I would rather strike a balance between the two.

Q Your character Suhana in the show Sasural Genda Phool likes to dress up. As a woman, do you spend a lot of time dolling up?

Suhana just doesn't like to dress up, she likes to apply makeup as well. But I am quite the opposite off-screen. I really like to dress up properly but make-up depends on the occasion. If I am just going out with friends then you won't see me applying make-up.

Q What is your biggest advantage of being a woman?

The biggest advantage about being a woman is that you are emotionally more stable and can multitask.

Q Being a career woman, what would you do if a situation arises where you have to make a choice between your career and family?

I don't think I will face such situation in my life as my family is very supportive of my career.

Q Are the looks first thing that men notice in woman?

To a very large extent, yes; but I would say not every single man does that. There are people or men who look beyond the beautiful face and that is nature.

Q What is the first thing that you would notice in a man?

His personality, I guess.

Q Do you think women backbite more than men?

No, I don't think so. It's a very personal trait — some people like it some people don't.

Q How would the world be without men?

I feel world without men would make women more competitive. They will have to compete with each other to look good. There won't be men to compliment them so it's going to be all the harder for them when it comes to being praised for looking beautiful.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

apa123sargunDiivi--sree--iruaGShehreen_27crysind-desiresoul-_ProcrastinatorFeefiShadowImbuemjtruelegendYusBeeAshis

Feefi IF-Rockerz
Feefi
Feefi

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing shweetu!!Tongue Ragini gave really good answers! Big smile she shouldn't leave tv industry, after all, one should not forget his/her roots! Big smile

Edited by Feefi - 06 May 2011 at 10:30pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBeeAshisShwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Feefi

thanks for sharing shweetu!!Tongue Ragini gave really good answers! Big smile she shouldn't leave tv industry, after all, one should not forget his/her roots! Big smile

according to me...she has more scope and opportunities in Television rather than on TV...
what characters do the female actors on films get...nothing according to me..apart from a few..."..." songs...thats it...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FeefiAshis

Feefi IF-Rockerz
Feefi
Feefi

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwets1502

according to me...she has more scope and opportunities in Television rather than on TV...
what characters do the female actors on films get...nothing according to me..apart from a few..."..." songs...thats it...

what's the difference between television and tv? Confused  are you saying TV as in films and television as in serials? 

with tv industry, i meant shows not too many films and yeah you said it right, female actors don't get much scope besides some songs and dancing etc. 

Edited by Feefi - 06 May 2011 at 10:38pm

AshisShwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

what's the difference between television and tv? Confused  are you saying TV as in films and television as in serials? 

with tv industry, i meant shows not too many films and yeah you said it right, female actors don't get much scope besides some songs and dancing etc. 

sorry..typo error...Embarrassed i was to say she has more scope and opportunities in TV rather than in films...Smile

actually recently...there hasnt been any movies that had a good female character role...Ragz shud do movies only if her char has something to offer...and not becos there are big actors and directors...

FeefiAshis

Feefi IF-Rockerz
Feefi
Feefi

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

sorry..typo error...Embarrassed i was to say she has more scope and opportunities in TV rather than in films...Smile

actually recently...there hasnt been any movies that had a good female character role...Ragz shud do movies only if her char has something to offer...and not becos there are big actors and directors...

ohh ok. LOL  yeah the recent hit movies that i know of (very few though) are all male oriented and yeah females are only present for lovey dovey touch to the story LOL

and so far Ragini has been choosing her characters well, i hope in the future, where ever it may be, she chooses wisely! Big smile  i'm going to have full faith in her!  

AshisShwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Addictz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

ohh ok. LOL  yeah the recent hit movies that i know of (very few though) are all male oriented and yeah females are only present for lovey dovey touch to the story LOL

and so far Ragini has been choosing her characters well, i hope in the future, where ever it may be, she chooses wisely! Big smile  i'm going to have full faith in her!  

@bold...true..LOL there isnt many good movies too recently...that i could remember...
yeah the leading ladies are used only for that and songs...thats it...

i too have faith tat Ragini will pick her roles well...and gives us good movies too...

but do u think there will be good roles for her...i mean a good offer for a new actor...Confused

FeefiAshis

Feefi IF-Rockerz
Feefi
Feefi

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged

@bold...true..LOL there isnt many good movies too recently...that i could remember...
yeah the leading ladies are used only for that and songs...thats it...

i too have faith tat Ragini will pick her roles well...and gives us good movies too...

but do u think there will be good roles for her...i mean a good offer for a new actor...Confused

i really hope that she gets some good roles...i didn't watch BB but from what i've heard, it was unique and so is suhana's... i hope writers and directors come up with unique charactesr and surely our ragini will enlighten the role! Big smile

AshisShwets1502

Go to top