India-Forums

What made Dharmesh Sir lose that mark? (Page 5)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Originally posted by chocolover89

I totally loved that bit! LOL They put the personalities of these 2 guys in that intro..with Siddesh's I'm the best and Dharmesh's kaam zyada baat kum! Genius! I know! *high five* for loving that part. Even the first songs these guys got kind of reflected their personalities I thought. Especially Siddesh. Since the whole story of his life has been struggling to get a break. Since he is no Amitabh, Dilip or a hero's kid. LOL And Dharmesh...I guess since he's so popular...he's the jalwa? LOL Umm...yeah I clearly did not think this point through. LOL But still, the songs do kind of work with both the guys too don't they? If this makes no sense, then my excuse is that it is too late in the night. LOL *high five*  I didn't think about it like that--it does make sense though LOL I definitely see the connection between Siddesh's song choice and his struggles..I loved the way he changed his expressions within those 20 seconds while dancing. With Dharmesh I guess the connection is that the song choice refects his popularity--yahaan bhi hoga wahaan bho hoga mera hi jalwa.

And from your first post..Siddesh definitely made his performance seem so easy when his moves really aren't that easy. Some of his moves if done with too much energy and too rigorously instead of the subtlety they required will look awful and probably cheap. Plus Siddesh looked like he was having the time of his life while dancing. He owns Bollywood style. For Dharmesh it was just the wrong theme. I guess because Parvez did a takkar last week, they wouldn't ask him to do one again this week. Exactly. That's basically the difference. Siddesh was making it look effortless despite doing a lot more than Dharmesh on a whole. His dance steps were more variable and he was expressing...doing all kinds of roles with the actors, bollywood thumke's and all. LOL Siddesh was doing a LOT in this takkar. Only he was making it seem like it was nothing. Like you said, he totally owns this dance style. LOL I  didn't see anything "new" in Dharmesh's steps and I tried to. I think it has to do with that fact that Dharmesh has danced like this (hip-hop style with isolations) too many times so it all just seems very similar to each other..Siddesh just made it seem too easy plus a lot of his steps were more subtle. Dharmesh had the "in your face" isolations that are great but Siddesh brought a lot more variety with his subtlety, some rigorous totally OTT Bollywood style, plus his expressions kept changing throughout. He was just having so much fun..

I honestly don't think that it was the wrong theme for Dharmesh though. I actually think that THIS in fact was the right theme for Dharmesh. Dharmesh's dance style is just too unique that way to really "fit" into a particular style of dance. It's too freestyle. WIth Prince, Dharmesh looks like an 'uncle-ji' to me honestly. LOL Prince is just too awesome in his own style for Dharmesh to match up in my honest opinion. Because Dharmesh's style isn't exactly locking and popping either. It's just freestyle hip-hop with that Bollywood/tapori entertainment aspect mixed in. LOL So I think that's more in tune with Siddesh's style. Plus Dharmesh and Siddesh just have such an awesome chemistry together that they really had to do a takkar together. LOL

Though yeah, Parvez would've been a good choice to takkar with Siddesh too. But then, he might not have had that chemistry with Siddesh that Dharmesh had. Since Dharmesh and Siddesh have performed together in the past too...and they just know each other better in general too. 
I get what you mean about Dharmesh's style being too unique to actually be classified into one style and it being more freestyle but I still think Parvez would have been better for the Bollywood theme of the takkar because he has that awesome ability to "act and express" while he dances--just like Siddesh. Dharmesh really doesn't have the ability to act. He has about 2 expressions while he dances. So in that way it would have been more fun with Parvez..though I think Siddesh would have owned Parvez also LOL But all in all it was a very entertaining takkar because the connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh was just great. Yeah Parvez and Siddesh might not have it had that connection..

Word about Siddesh making it seem like he could have done this in his sleep. 

The connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh really made this an entertaining takkar. Word. I think these two had the best connection overall than any of the other contestants in the previous takkars. It really was quite an entertaining performance as a whole to watch for that reason. LOLThese two just gel together. LOL I thought it was funny when these two had that little conversation about deciding who would be the better "bollywood hero". And how they just decided right there that Dharmesh would choreograph and Siddesh would perform. LOL I think that would be an awesome Bollywood combination actually. Isn't that what happened with that duet performance these guys did in DID 2? Didn't Dharmesh choreograph that one as well? They make a good team overall I think. LOL That bit was so entertaining..they decided on the spot that Dharmesh would choreograph and Siddesh dance LOL I also thought it was kinda sweet that Siddesh said sorry to Dharmesh for winning the takkar also ShockedLOL..and that Dharmesh said its okay. These 2 would be an amazing combination for sure!Thumbs Up Somehow I thought Siddesh choreographed that one?

Edited by chocolover89 - 07 May 2011 at 5:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

khushboo16 Goldie
khushboo16
khushboo16

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:32am | IP Logged
i thought they both were gr8 at the same level noone was ahead or behind
aramint Groupbie
aramint
aramint

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
I agree dharmesh was cheated. He was just as good as Siddesh. it should have been a tie. The judges are lame.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Techa

Alia009 Goldie
Alia009
Alia009

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Siddesh was most definitely better in this takkar. Basically, Siddesh performed like he he could do this in his sleep. Like Remo said, Bollywood style is pretty much in Siddesh's blood. While Dharmesh on the other hand, was struggling quite a bit. You could see the struggle in his performance. That in essence is the difference between the two dancers. Siddesh is effortless, smooth, easy...while Dharmesh is hit and miss. 

I honestly think that Dharmesh is a MUCH better choreographer than a dancer. He sometimes appears TOO untrained for a dancer. But he has such awesome and creative ideas so he's a great choreographer that way. 

As Remo mentioned, Siddesh has that subtlety. He makes use of each lyric, each expression, and each beat at the perfect time. While Dharmesh only makes use of the beat. I thought it was pure genius and awesome the way Siddesh used all the lyrics of his first solo song. The way he used that "bach ke tu nikale" part SO subtly with that slightest tilt of the head. And the whole Amitabh, Dilip Kumar, budhe and bache bit. So many little roles in just about 10-20 seconds WITH effortless dancing as well! It's really commendable man! ClapThis guy is a natural at this style. 

The clear decisive part about which one of these guys was better came when they both got the same steps. Here you could clearly see how effortless Siddesh's dancing was. Dharmesh was putting in too much energy and hence his struggle was apparent. 

The reason why maybe some people felt that Siddesh didn't do enough dancing, was because he made it look too effortless. But he did much more dancing than Dharmesh in terms of variety in his steps. Another thing that was kind of off putting to me about Dharmesh's dancing was that he made certain bits of his performance look almost...cheap. I really think Dharmesh needs to train himself better in order to get that balance. That balance of expressions and putting in the correct amount of energy at the right places. 

Basically, Siddesh has a style, class and purpose to the way he dances...especially this style of dance which comes so naturally to him. He's a natural entertainer that way. 

first you called Dharmesh fans psychotic crazy and now you are calling his act cheap Confused...dont you have something nice to say? what was so cheap in his act? Next time come up with something better Wink

manassuper Newbie
manassuper
manassuper

Posted: 13 August 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
are what expression are you talking about.have you not seen dharmesh performance in did 2 where he acted as a bhramin on song (premika na ne pyar se jo bhi de diya).in all his performance his expressions are awesome,and terrence .praised him  so much for his expressions.so stop this nonsense talk about expressions

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index