India-Forums

What made Dharmesh Sir lose that mark? (Page 3)

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Siddesh was most definitely better in this takkar. Basically, Siddesh performed like he he could do this in his sleep. Like Remo said, Bollywood style is pretty much in Siddesh's blood. While Dharmesh on the other hand, was struggling quite a bit. You could see the struggle in his performance. That in essence is the difference between the two dancers. Siddesh is effortless, smooth, easy...while Dharmesh is hit and miss. 

I honestly think that Dharmesh is a MUCH better choreographer than a dancer. He sometimes appears TOO untrained for a dancer. But he has such awesome and creative ideas so he's a great choreographer that way. 

As Remo mentioned, Siddesh has that subtlety. He makes use of each lyric, each expression, and each beat at the perfect time. While Dharmesh only makes use of the beat. I thought it was pure genius and awesome the way Siddesh used all the lyrics of his first solo song. The way he used that "bach ke tu nikale" part SO subtly with that slightest tilt of the head. And the whole Amitabh, Dilip Kumar, budhe and bache bit. So many little roles in just about 10-20 seconds WITH effortless dancing as well! It's really commendable man! ClapThis guy is a natural at this style. 

The clear decisive part about which one of these guys was better came when they both got the same steps. Here you could clearly see how effortless Siddesh's dancing was. Dharmesh was putting in too much energy and hence his struggle was apparent. 

The reason why maybe some people felt that Siddesh didn't do enough dancing, was because he made it look too effortless. But he did much more dancing than Dharmesh in terms of variety in his steps. Another thing that was kind of off putting to me about Dharmesh's dancing was that he made certain bits of his performance look almost...cheap. I really think Dharmesh needs to train himself better in order to get that balance. That balance of expressions and putting in the correct amount of energy at the right places. 

Basically, Siddesh has a style, class and purpose to the way he dances...especially this style of dance which comes so naturally to him. He's a natural entertainer that way. 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 07 May 2011 at 12:49am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

mahelaloverkaaj_2dancemanialuv2dancehindu4lyfLeadNitrateHashiBoonehlove-Mink-gilmorespetticoatAreYaar

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:39am | IP Logged
But one thing I did love about the overall takkar, was the introductions both the guys got. The way Siddesh got that "I'm such a big deal" kind of an intro. Totally suiting his personality. And the way he loves to talk about himself. LOL And Dharmesh on the other hand got the whole show what you can do more than speak thing. Which totally suits his personality too. I thought this bit was really creative and genius in terms of the choreography for this takkar. Thumbs Up

Also, one thing I want to commend Dharmesh for, was the way he made that connect with Siddesh. The way he would give Siddesh these looks and stuff. It was really quite adorable, and he kind of enhanced that connect between the two dancers that way. Dharmesh had great prescence of mind that way. Very unselfish way of performing. Thumbs Up

I also liked the entries Siddesh got for his solo parts too. Again, a choreography compliment. Like his knee slide entrance, and then with the shoes and stuff. LOL Very creative. :)

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

TechaNoor_Ul_Ainluv2dancenehlove-Mink-LeadNitrategilmoresAreYaar

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

But one thing I did love about the overall takkar, was the introductions both the guys got. The way Siddesh got that "I'm such a big deal" kind of an intro. Totally suiting his personality. And the way he loves to talk about himself. LOL And Dharmesh on the other hand got the whole show what you can do more than speak thing. Which totally suits his personality too. I thought this bit was really creative and genius in terms of the choreography for this takkarThumbs Up

Also, one thing I want to commend Dharmesh for, was the way he made that connect with Siddesh. The way he would give Siddesh these looks and stuff. It was really quite adorable, and he kind of enhanced that connect between the two dancers that way. Dharmesh had great prescence of mind that way. Very unselfish way of performing. Thumbs Up

I also liked the entries Siddesh got for his solo parts too. Again, a choreography compliment. Like his knee slide entrance, and then with the shoes and stuff. LOL Very creative. :)
I totally loved that bit! LOL They put the personalities of these 2 guys in that intro..with Siddesh's I'm the best and Dharmesh's kaam zyada baat kum! Genius!

And from your first post..Siddesh definitely made his performance seem so easy when his moves really aren't that easy. Some of his moves if done with too much energy and too rigorously instead of the subtlety they required will look awful and probably cheap. Plus Siddesh looked like he was having the time of his life while dancing. He owns Bollywood style. For Dharmesh it was just the wrong theme. I guess because Parvez did a takkar last week, they wouldn't ask him to do one again this week.

Word about Siddesh making it seem like he could have done this in his sleep.

The connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh really made this an entertaining takkar.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Techapigbelly4myfeetnehloveAreYaar

bhoomikauttam IF-Dazzler
bhoomikauttam
bhoomikauttam

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Dharmesh Sir made mistakes ..and if anyone could see it..they woudl note..not only was he looking nervous ..he missed lipsinking the words when he came in front and somethign was been told in the audio..I was like areey lipsink ka kya hua... A major portion Dharmesh did fantastic where as few things were ok.. I guess Siddhesh was consistent with his engergy and performance.. Dharmesh Sir actually looked tensed in the whole Sequence by expression wise .. I guess Siddesh was a hand above in terms of expressions style and whatver he did was withotu mistakes.. while Dharmesh sir was good in style but expression werent at allw hen required and missed out to lipsink most of the times..

I like both..and I like Amar as well..who looked devasted at the result as if He cant nto take it..I can know how it feels..but honestly I like Dharmesh Sir more than Siddesh but Siddesh deserved as rirghtly the judges said..:D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nehlove

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by chocolover89

I totally loved that bit! LOL They put the personalities of these 2 guys in that intro..with Siddesh's I'm the best and Dharmesh's kaam zyada baat kum! Genius! I know! *high five* for loving that part. Even the first songs these guys got kind of reflected their personalities I thought. Especially Siddesh. Since the whole story of his life has been struggling to get a break. Since he is no Amitabh, Dilip or a hero's kid. LOL And Dharmesh...I guess since he's so popular...he's the jalwa? LOL Umm...yeah I clearly did not think this point through. LOL But still, the songs do kind of work with both the guys too don't they? If this makes no sense, then my excuse is that it is too late in the night. LOL

And from your first post..Siddesh definitely made his performance seem so easy when his moves really aren't that easy. Some of his moves if done with too much energy and too rigorously instead of the subtlety they required will look awful and probably cheap. Plus Siddesh looked like he was having the time of his life while dancing. He owns Bollywood style. For Dharmesh it was just the wrong theme. I guess because Parvez did a takkar last week, they wouldn't ask him to do one again this week. Exactly. That's basically the difference. Siddesh was making it look effortless despite doing a lot more than Dharmesh on a whole. His dance steps were more variable and he was expressing...doing all kinds of roles with the actors, bollywood thumke's and all. LOL Siddesh was doing a LOT in this takkar. Only he was making it seem like it was nothing. Like you said, he totally owns this dance style. LOL 

I honestly don't think that it was the wrong theme for Dharmesh though. I actually think that THIS in fact was the right theme for Dharmesh. Dharmesh's dance style is just too unique that way to really "fit" into a particular style of dance. It's too freestyle. WIth Prince, Dharmesh looks like an 'uncle-ji' to me honestly. LOL Prince is just too awesome in his own style for Dharmesh to match up in my honest opinion. Because Dharmesh's style isn't exactly locking and popping either. It's just freestyle hip-hop with that Bollywood/tapori entertainment aspect mixed in. LOL So I think that's more in tune with Siddesh's style. Plus Dharmesh and Siddesh just have such an awesome chemistry together that they really had to do a takkar together. LOL

Though yeah, Parvez would've been a good choice to takkar with Siddesh too. But then, he might not have had that chemistry with Siddesh that Dharmesh had. Since Dharmesh and Siddesh have performed together in the past too...and they just know each other better in general too. 

Word about Siddesh making it seem like he could have done this in his sleep. 

The connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh really made this an entertaining takkar. Word. I think these two had the best connection overall than any of the other contestants in the previous takkars. It really was quite an entertaining performance as a whole to watch for that reason. LOLThese two just gel together. LOL I thought it was funny when these two had that little conversation about deciding who would be the better "bollywood hero". And how they just decided right there that Dharmesh would choreograph and Siddesh would perform. LOL I think that would be an awesome Bollywood combination actually. Isn't that what happened with that duet performance these guys did in DID 2? Didn't Dharmesh choreograph that one as well? They make a good team overall I think. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gilmoresAreYaar

Jessica11001 Goldie
Jessica11001
Jessica11001

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Although i'm a very loyal dharmesh mark, i gotta agree that siddhesh's choreography was hell lot better than dharmesh's...and i'm definitely not talking only about the expressions...though i would like to say that a lot of people think that only doing more steps makes a stronger performance, which is completely wrong...as a dancer i know that teachers always suggest to pay attention to more in expressions, because it can change the whole dynamic of the performance...but having said that it's not correct that siddhesh only covered it with the expressions...his performance had a lot of dance steps...the big difference was that siddhesh changed his steps in every part of the line whereas dharmesh kept doing same step throughout the whole line...and not to mention that changing expressions in every beat is an extremely tough job, even tougher than learning any new form or style, so i credit siddhesh for that...and dharmesh did a wonderful job in his performance, but all the steps he did were seen by us before...sidhdesh's performance was very different than his previous bollywood or LnP related performances...i expect a lot more from dharmesh as he likes to attempt something new and different every time, sadly he didn't do it...execution wise dharmesh did a perfect job, no doubt! but his choreographer were the reason this performance wasn't up to the mark, siddhesh's 10 was very well deserved !!!

i would like to say one thing that the 1st time i heard that dharmesh and siddhesh r doing the takkar roung i was hoping that they would start the same way as they did on their DID 2 performance...i can;t believe they did exactly that!!! i was so happy...their DID 2 performance was my all time favorite performance...Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

luv2dancepigbelly4myfeetHashiBoonehlove-Mink-AreYaar

HashiBoo IF-Sizzlerz
HashiBoo
HashiBoo

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jessica11001

Although i'm a very loyal dharmesh mark, i gotta agree that siddhesh's choreography was hell lot better than dharmesh's...and i'm definitely not talking only about the expressions...though i would like to say that a lot of people think that only doing more steps makes a stronger performance, which is completely wrong...as a dancer i know that teachers always suggest to pay attention to more in expressions, because it can change the whole dynamic of the performance...but having said that it's not correct that siddhesh only covered it with the expressions...his performance had a lot of dance steps...the big difference was that siddhesh changed his steps in every part of the line whereas dharmesh kept doing same step throughout the whole line...and not to mention that changing expressions in every beat is an extremely tough job, even tougher than learning any new form or style, so i credit siddhesh for that...and dharmesh did a wonderful job in his performance, but all the steps he did were seen by us before...sidhdesh's performance was very different than his previous bollywood or LnP related performances...i expect a lot more from dharmesh as he likes to attempt something new and different every time, sadly he didn't do it...execution wise dharmesh did a perfect job, no doubt! but his choreographer were the reason this performance wasn't up to the mark, siddhesh's 10 was very well deserved !!!

i would like to say one thing that the 1st time i heard that dharmesh and siddhesh r doing the takkar roung i was hoping that they would start the same way as they did on their DID 2 performance...i can;t believe they did exactly that!!! i was so happy...their DID 2 performance was my all time favorite performance...Smile

Well Said.. First time I saw the dance I thought they were equal . I was bit disappointed with D sirs marks. But today I watched the repeat telecast and yes Siddesh was very versatile and his solo bit was awesome. D sir danced good but Siddesh was much better..Yesterday. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nehlove

jeshwini Newbie
jeshwini
jeshwini

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
If people belive that Dharmesh is a versatile dancer then i think there should be no question of putting parves or any other contestant against Siddesh. Dharmesh is a performer and a dancer and Siddesh too is all that then why differentiate between them on the contrary that Siddesh won coz of his expression and Dharmesh didnt have that. If people say that expression was a factor why Siddesh won then dont forget Siddesh also has attempted Dharmeshs style of dancing and has proved that he can do anything so my point is that if Siddesh can do Dharmesh sir style then why cant Dharmesh do Siddesh style ( in regards to facial expression)????...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index