Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: chocolover89

I totally loved that bit! πŸ˜† They put the personalities of these 2 guys in that intro..with Siddesh's I'm the best and Dharmesh's kaam zyada baat kum! Genius! I know! *high five* for loving that part. Even the first songs these guys got kind of reflected their personalities I thought. Especially Siddesh. Since the whole story of his life has been struggling to get a break. Since he is no Amitabh, Dilip or a hero's kid. πŸ˜† And Dharmesh...I guess since he's so popular...he's the jalwa? πŸ˜† Umm...yeah I clearly did not think this point through. πŸ˜† But still, the songs do kind of work with both the guys too don't they? If this makes no sense, then my excuse is that it is too late in the night. πŸ˜†

And from your first post..Siddesh definitely made his performance seem so easy when his moves really aren't that easy. Some of his moves if done with too much energy and too rigorously instead of the subtlety they required will look awful and probably cheap. Plus Siddesh looked like he was having the time of his life while dancing. He owns Bollywood style. For Dharmesh it was just the wrong theme. I guess because Parvez did a takkar last week, they wouldn't ask him to do one again this week. Exactly. That's basically the difference. Siddesh was making it look effortless despite doing a lot more than Dharmesh on a whole. His dance steps were more variable and he was expressing...doing all kinds of roles with the actors, bollywood thumke's and all. πŸ˜† Siddesh was doing a LOT in this takkar. Only he was making it seem like it was nothing. Like you said, he totally owns this dance style. πŸ˜† 

I honestly don't think that it was the wrong theme for Dharmesh though. I actually think that THIS in fact was the right theme for Dharmesh. Dharmesh's dance style is just too unique that way to really "fit" into a particular style of dance. It's too freestyle. WIth Prince, Dharmesh looks like an 'uncle-ji' to me honestly. πŸ˜† Prince is just too awesome in his own style for Dharmesh to match up in my honest opinion. Because Dharmesh's style isn't exactly locking and popping either. It's just freestyle hip-hop with that Bollywood/tapori entertainment aspect mixed in. πŸ˜† So I think that's more in tune with Siddesh's style. Plus Dharmesh and Siddesh just have such an awesome chemistry together that they really had to do a takkar together. πŸ˜†

Though yeah, Parvez would've been a good choice to takkar with Siddesh too. But then, he might not have had that chemistry with Siddesh that Dharmesh had. Since Dharmesh and Siddesh have performed together in the past too...and they just know each other better in general too. 

Word about Siddesh making it seem like he could have done this in his sleep. 

The connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh really made this an entertaining takkar. Word. I think these two had the best connection overall than any of the other contestants in the previous takkars. It really was quite an entertaining performance as a whole to watch for that reason. πŸ˜†These two just gel together. πŸ˜† I thought it was funny when these two had that little conversation about deciding who would be the better "bollywood hero". And how they just decided right there that Dharmesh would choreograph and Siddesh would perform. πŸ˜† I think that would be an awesome Bollywood combination actually. Isn't that what happened with that duet performance these guys did in DID 2? Didn't Dharmesh choreograph that one as well? They make a good team overall I think. πŸ˜†

Jessica11001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Although i'm a very loyal dharmesh mark, i gotta agree that siddhesh's choreography was hell lot better than dharmesh's...and i'm definitely not talking only about the expressions...though i would like to say that a lot of people think that only doing more steps makes a stronger performance, which is completely wrong...as a dancer i know that teachers always suggest to pay attention to more in expressions, because it can change the whole dynamic of the performance...but having said that it's not correct that siddhesh only covered it with the expressions...his performance had a lot of dance steps...the big difference was that siddhesh changed his steps in every part of the line whereas dharmesh kept doing same step throughout the whole line...and not to mention that changing expressions in every beat is an extremely tough job, even tougher than learning any new form or style, so i credit siddhesh for that...and dharmesh did a wonderful job in his performance, but all the steps he did were seen by us before...sidhdesh's performance was very different than his previous bollywood or LnP related performances...i expect a lot more from dharmesh as he likes to attempt something new and different every time, sadly he didn't do it...execution wise dharmesh did a perfect job, no doubt! but his choreographer were the reason this performance wasn't up to the mark, siddhesh's 10 was very well deserved !!!

i would like to say one thing that the 1st time i heard that dharmesh and siddhesh r doing the takkar roung i was hoping that they would start the same way as they did on their DID 2 performance...i can;t believe they did exactly that!!! i was so happy...their DID 2 performance was my all time favorite performance...😊
HashiBoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Jessica11001

Although i'm a very loyal dharmesh mark, i gotta agree that siddhesh's choreography was hell lot better than dharmesh's...and i'm definitely not talking only about the expressions...though i would like to say that a lot of people think that only doing more steps makes a stronger performance, which is completely wrong...as a dancer i know that teachers always suggest to pay attention to more in expressions, because it can change the whole dynamic of the performance...but having said that it's not correct that siddhesh only covered it with the expressions...his performance had a lot of dance steps...the big difference was that siddhesh changed his steps in every part of the line whereas dharmesh kept doing same step throughout the whole line...and not to mention that changing expressions in every beat is an extremely tough job, even tougher than learning any new form or style, so i credit siddhesh for that...and dharmesh did a wonderful job in his performance, but all the steps he did were seen by us before...sidhdesh's performance was very different than his previous bollywood or LnP related performances...i expect a lot more from dharmesh as he likes to attempt something new and different every time, sadly he didn't do it...execution wise dharmesh did a perfect job, no doubt! but his choreographer were the reason this performance wasn't up to the mark, siddhesh's 10 was very well deserved !!!

i would like to say one thing that the 1st time i heard that dharmesh and siddhesh r doing the takkar roung i was hoping that they would start the same way as they did on their DID 2 performance...i can;t believe they did exactly that!!! i was so happy...their DID 2 performance was my all time favorite performance...😊

Well Said.. First time I saw the dance I thought they were equal . I was bit disappointed with D sirs marks. But today I watched the repeat telecast and yes Siddesh was very versatile and his solo bit was awesome. D sir danced good but Siddesh was much better..Yesterday. 
jeshwini thumbnail
If people belive that Dharmesh is a versatile dancer then i think there should be no question of putting parves or any other contestant against Siddesh. Dharmesh is a performer and a dancer and Siddesh too is all that then why differentiate between them on the contrary that Siddesh won coz of his expression and Dharmesh didnt have that. If people say that expression was a factor why Siddesh won then dont forget Siddesh also has attempted Dharmeshs style of dancing and has proved that he can do anything so my point is that if Siddesh can do Dharmesh sir style then why cant Dharmesh do Siddesh style ( in regards to facial expression)????...
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
might be the judge  is bias🀒 Edited by NaGeSwArI - 12 years ago
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I m a D sir fan but to be very honest i genuinely liked siddhesh's performance more, so IMO it was a fair decision.
desigirl123 thumbnail
This is the explanations said by the judges on limelight on why Siddhesh won over Dharmesh:

Shamak: "We have seen Dharmesh do this type of steps, and he is a very strong dancer. One of my favorite dancers. But i think Siddhesh's strength of performace AND acting took the extra point."

Rajeev: "Siddhesh plays a lot with his face. He knows exactly what the lyrics are saying, where the beats are going. He has knowledge on all those things. 

Remo: "A lot of people must think that Dharmesh danced really well so why didnt he win. Because it was bollywood, a bollywood touch was needed which Siddhesh did really well".

Hope this helps! Btw this is what the judges said, not my opinion πŸ˜Š imo both were great!
Edited by desigirl123 - 12 years ago
manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigirl123

This is the explanations said by the judges on limelight on why Siddhesh won over Dharmesh:

Shamak: "We have seen Dharmesh do this type of steps, and he is a very strong dancer. One of my favorite dancers. But i think Siddhesh's strength of performace AND acting took the extra point."

Rajeev: "Siddhesh plays a lot with his face. He knows exactly what the lyrics are saying, where the beats are going. He has knowledge on all those things. 

Remo: "A lot of people must think that Dharmesh danced really well so why didnt he win. Because it was bollywood, a bollywood touch was needed which Siddhesh did really well".

Hope this helps! Btw this is what the judges said, not my opinion πŸ˜Š imo both were great!

I agree with the bollywood part, but WATCH Siddhesh's performance again..ALL of the judges are ONLY talking about expressions..WHERE was the dance?! Where was it? LOL even if it's bollywood, it has a lot of dancing in it..besides,it wasn't a takkar of only expressions just cuz it's bollywood..if it was , very rightly siddhesh gets it.
Well bollywood needs both dance AND expressions .. Siddhesh had expressions, while Dharmesh had dance. In that case, the scores should have been equal for a fair judgment πŸ˜ƒ
nehlove thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Priyanka_AAIICH

I agree with the bollywood part, but WATCH Siddhesh's performance again..ALL of the judges are ONLY talking about expressions..WHERE was the dance?! Where was it? LOL even if it's bollywood, it has a lot of dancing in it..besides,it wasn't a takkar of only expressions just cuz it's bollywood..if it was , very rightly siddhesh gets it.

If the judges' explanation didn't help clear your query then honestly none of the answers given by anyone else will convince you siddhesh was better on that particular day. IMO, D Sir's style of dance is more hip hop based than bollywood based. I have trained in many Indian and Foreign styles of dances and I speak from experience. Bollywood dancing can have no steps and all expressions and still count as dancing.
In fact, in many indian classical dance styles, there are continuous 10 minute portions dedicated to the dancer sitting in one position just performing with hand movements and facial expressions. It is still dancing even if there are no steps involved. That was NOT the case here... Siddhesh actually had expressions AND dance steps..