India-Forums

What made Dharmesh Sir lose that mark? (Page 2)

luv2dance Senior Member
luv2dance
luv2dance

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by charmz517

Yeah, it was kind of confusing! Sid is awesome with his expressions and he is definitely an amazing dancer, but there was lack in the dancing portions. I mean, if Siddesh wanted, he definitely could have killed it on the dance floor and taken the thakkar round by storm, IF HE really danced... but today's thakkar, I didn't get it?!?

D and Siddesh both had their strengths today.. D with the dancing and Sid with his expressions.. but when it comes down to it being a "dance" ki thakkar, I was quite shocked it wasn't D that took the cake at the end. Confused

Oh well, I will never fully understand their judging , but I am sure they have their reasons! Embarrassed

I think the dance portions in Siddesh's act were absolutely adequate. Both Siddesh and Dharmesh started off doing some steps and then each one got two turns to do their solo and then finished it off together again. If you see Siddesh's first solo chunk, there were lot of steps out of which some were rigorous and some very subtle (doesn't mean they are not movements). I really liked his first chunk especially the bachha-buddha step and his thumkas. In the second chunk, he played more with expressions and obviously at the end it was all dance movements. I really din't the see the lack of dance portions in Siddesh's dance. Opinions may differ and I respect that. This is just my personal view Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

kaaj_2jeshwinitanya12pigbelly4myfeethindu4lyfnehlovegilmores

manzanas_asadas Goldie
manzanas_asadas
manzanas_asadas

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
It was a dance ki takkar though..and it wasn't like the theme was expressions based..
I DEFINITELY agree that dance is nothing without expressions..and Siddhesh is an amazing dancer.. he is one of my fav dancers..but today, he BARELY danced.. so I really don't think he deserved a perfect 10 for a performance in which he didn't even dance..and on top of that Dsir who was dancing all throughout rigorously got a 9. It makes no sense. Honestly guys, it's evident that there's something going on. I don't understand what the channel is doing.

It was an entertaining performance however! I loved the bit they did together. That was awesome, but oh well. It's not like we're in control of anything this time.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TechaPayal9ThatOneGuy

dancemania Groupbie
dancemania
dancemania

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Though both Dharmesh and Siddhesh were good, Siddhesh was better as he seemed so much at ease and his dancing looked effortless combined with great expressions. Dharmesh's dance had liitle more energy, but if you look at the overall performance Siddhesh was definetely better. Expressions are very important in Bollywood style of dance. 
I think Parvez would have given a better takkar to Siddhesh

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mahelaloverluv2dancepigbelly4myfeethindu4lyfnehlovegilmoresAreYaar

Pimp IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TechaPayal9charmz517ThatOneGuyWreckLass

luv2dance Senior Member
luv2dance
luv2dance

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dancemania

Though both Dharmesh and Siddhesh were good, Siddhesh was better as he seemed so much at ease and his dancing looked effortless combined with great expressions. Dharmesh's dance had liitle more energy, but if you look at the overall performance Siddhesh was definetely better. Expressions are very important in Bollywood style of dance. 
I think Parvez would have given a better takkar to Siddhesh

Well saidClap I too thought that comparing Siddesh and Dharmesh was kind of weird. Parvez would have been perfect for bollywood style to compete with Siddesh Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HashiBoo

manzanas_asadas Goldie
manzanas_asadas
manzanas_asadas

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PimpJuice

The side to side portions were really nice and in sync, although I felt Dharmesh's movements were so fresh so clean, compared to those of Siddhesh. Gotta give Siddhesh credit for his expressions and his "acting" was really cute and convincing, but there wasn't much dancing involved..which surprised me because Siddhesh could have thrown in anything, and tore this one apart. I don't think he utilized it properly in my opinion. Dharmesh, less acting more dancing - that took the cake for me here. Like Shiamak said, his isolations were on point .. and i love how he manages to bring these insanely creative steps eevery single time. Priyankss, I'm convinced the 1 point was for expressions - majority of Siddhesh's comments were for that anyways LOL I really don't think Dharmesh deserves that 1 point for expressions, because he deserves 10 more for his dance.

Clap Tune Rutu say definitely kuch seekha hai! Dance se jalwa dikhao..LOL

LOL I think all the marks Siddhesh got were for expressions because there was barely any dancing involved..you gotta be kidding me if you say that he's got a perfect 10 on a performance of expressions?LOL. How's that a takkar then? In that sense, Punit was equal to Mayuresh in the takkar because they at least were at the same level of dance.. Siddhesh could REALLY tear this apart..he has some really good skills..Idk why it was like this though.

EDIT: Also, like you mentioned, all the judges spoke about Dsir's dancing..and Siddhesh's expressions..LOL so they totally gave it away that who was the better dancer in the round...I don't know why their scores didn't reflect that.

Edited by Priyanka_AAIICH - 06 May 2011 at 7:29pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Techaspring567Payal9charmz517

jyothi_cool IF-Sizzlerz
jyothi_cool
jyothi_cool

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
in bollywood style of dance its ur face that talks and not ur crisp movements. u got emote well and that d sir lacked. me being a fan of d sir mseld felt he was put in the wrong style it wld have been more appropriate 4 amar or parvez to have come or even ritu since they master this style like siddesh .

siddesh had a gud combination of dance and expressions

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetAreYaar

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Well this was a Bollywood takkar. In Bollywood dancing, expressions matter a GREAT deal.

Siddesh's dancing was a lot more subtle and effortless and graceful than Dharmesh's which was more "in your face" for lack of a better word/phrase; hence it might seem like Siddesh didn't dance as much but in reality he just had more subtle moves (the first solo bit had some rigorous ones as well though). Dharmesh's isolations are great but Siddesh's expressions just add so much to a performance. For comparison, look at the portions they did in sync--both their dancing was on par but for me, Siddesh was better in that portion because his expressions enhanced his perfromance.

Honestly speaking, for Bollywood, it should have been Parvez vs. Siddesh because both have the capabilities to act in their performance.

If Dharmesh can learn to emote through his face better than he would just be completely and totally awesome.

Edited by chocolover89 - 07 May 2011 at 12:19am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

kaaj_2dancemaniaNoor_Ul_Ainluv2dancecharmz517pigbelly4myfeethindu4lyfHashiBoojyothi_coolnehloveAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index