Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dancemania thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Though both Dharmesh and Siddhesh were good, Siddhesh was better as he seemed so much at ease and his dancing looked effortless combined with great expressions. Dharmesh's dance had liitle more energy, but if you look at the overall performance Siddhesh was definetely better. Expressions are very important in Bollywood style of dance. 
I think Parvez would have given a better takkar to Siddhesh
The side to side portions were really nice and in sync, although I felt Dharmesh's movements were so fresh so clean, compared to those of Siddhesh. Gotta give Siddhesh credit for his expressions and his "acting" was really cute and convincing, but there wasn't much dancing involved..which surprised me because Siddhesh could have thrown in anything, and tore this one apart. I don't think he utilized it properly in my opinion. Dharmesh, less acting more dancing - that took the cake for me here. Like Shiamak said, his isolations were on point .. and i love how he manages to bring these insanely creative steps eevery single time. Priyankss, I'm convinced the 1 point was for expressions - majority of Siddhesh's comments were for that anyways πŸ˜† I really don't think Dharmesh deserves that 1 point for expressions, because he deserves 10 more for his dance.

luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dancemania

Though both Dharmesh and Siddhesh were good, Siddhesh was better as he seemed so much at ease and his dancing looked effortless combined with great expressions. Dharmesh's dance had liitle more energy, but if you look at the overall performance Siddhesh was definetely better. Expressions are very important in Bollywood style of dance. 

I think Parvez would have given a better takkar to Siddhesh

Well saidπŸ‘ I too thought that comparing Siddesh and Dharmesh was kind of weird. Parvez would have been perfect for bollywood style to compete with Siddesh πŸ˜Š
manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PimpJuice

The side to side portions were really nice and in sync, although I felt Dharmesh's movements were so fresh so clean, compared to those of Siddhesh. Gotta give Siddhesh credit for his expressions and his "acting" was really cute and convincing, but there wasn't much dancing involved..which surprised me because Siddhesh could have thrown in anything, and tore this one apart. I don't think he utilized it properly in my opinion. Dharmesh, less acting more dancing - that took the cake for me here. Like Shiamak said, his isolations were on point .. and i love how he manages to bring these insanely creative steps eevery single time. Priyankss, I'm convinced the 1 point was for expressions - majority of Siddhesh's comments were for that anyways πŸ˜† I really don't think Dharmesh deserves that 1 point for expressions, because he deserves 10 more for his dance.

πŸ‘ Tune Rutu say definitely kuch seekha hai! Dance se jalwa dikhao..LOL

LOL I think all the marks Siddhesh got were for expressions because there was barely any dancing involved..you gotta be kidding me if you say that he's got a perfect 10 on a performance of expressions?LOL. How's that a takkar then? In that sense, Punit was equal to Mayuresh in the takkar because they at least were at the same level of dance.. Siddhesh could REALLY tear this apart..he has some really good skills..Idk why it was like this though.

EDIT: Also, like you mentioned, all the judges spoke about Dsir's dancing..and Siddhesh's expressions..LOL so they totally gave it away that who was the better dancer in the round...I don't know why their scores didn't reflect that.
Edited by Priyanka_AAIICH - 12 years ago
jyothi_cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
in bollywood style of dance its ur face that talks and not ur crisp movements. u got emote well and that d sir lacked. me being a fan of d sir mseld felt he was put in the wrong style it wld have been more appropriate 4 amar or parvez to have come or even ritu since they master this style like siddesh .

siddesh had a gud combination of dance and expressions
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Well this was a Bollywood takkar. In Bollywood dancing, expressions matter a GREAT deal.

Siddesh's dancing was a lot more subtle and effortless and graceful than Dharmesh's which was more "in your face" for lack of a better word/phrase; hence it might seem like Siddesh didn't dance as much but in reality he just had more subtle moves (the first solo bit had some rigorous ones as well though). Dharmesh's isolations are great but Siddesh's expressions just add so much to a performance. For comparison, look at the portions they did in sync--both their dancing was on par but for me, Siddesh was better in that portion because his expressions enhanced his perfromance.

Honestly speaking, for Bollywood, it should have been Parvez vs. Siddesh because both have the capabilities to act in their performance.

If Dharmesh can learn to emote through his face better than he would just be completely and totally awesome.

Edited by chocolover89 - 12 years ago
pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Siddesh was most definitely better in this takkar. Basically, Siddesh performed like he he could do this in his sleep. Like Remo said, Bollywood style is pretty much in Siddesh's blood. While Dharmesh on the other hand, was struggling quite a bit. You could see the struggle in his performance. That in essence is the difference between the two dancers. Siddesh is effortless, smooth, easy...while Dharmesh is hit and miss. 

I honestly think that Dharmesh is a MUCH better choreographer than a dancer. He sometimes appears TOO untrained for a dancer. But he has such awesome and creative ideas so he's a great choreographer that way. 

As Remo mentioned, Siddesh has that subtlety. He makes use of each lyric, each expression, and each beat at the perfect time. While Dharmesh only makes use of the beat. I thought it was pure genius and awesome the way Siddesh used all the lyrics of his first solo song. The way he used that "bach ke tu nikale" part SO subtly with that slightest tilt of the head. And the whole Amitabh, Dilip Kumar, budhe and bache bit. So many little roles in just about 10-20 seconds WITH effortless dancing as well! It's really commendable man! πŸ‘This guy is a natural at this style. 

The clear decisive part about which one of these guys was better came when they both got the same steps. Here you could clearly see how effortless Siddesh's dancing was. Dharmesh was putting in too much energy and hence his struggle was apparent. 

The reason why maybe some people felt that Siddesh didn't do enough dancing, was because he made it look too effortless. But he did much more dancing than Dharmesh in terms of variety in his steps. Another thing that was kind of off putting to me about Dharmesh's dancing was that he made certain bits of his performance look almost...cheap. I really think Dharmesh needs to train himself better in order to get that balance. That balance of expressions and putting in the correct amount of energy at the right places. 

Basically, Siddesh has a style, class and purpose to the way he dances...especially this style of dance which comes so naturally to him. He's a natural entertainer that way. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 12 years ago
pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
But one thing I did love about the overall takkar, was the introductions both the guys got. The way Siddesh got that "I'm such a big deal" kind of an intro. Totally suiting his personality. And the way he loves to talk about himself. πŸ˜† And Dharmesh on the other hand got the whole show what you can do more than speak thing. Which totally suits his personality too. I thought this bit was really creative and genius in terms of the choreography for this takkar. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Also, one thing I want to commend Dharmesh for, was the way he made that connect with Siddesh. The way he would give Siddesh these looks and stuff. It was really quite adorable, and he kind of enhanced that connect between the two dancers that way. Dharmesh had great prescence of mind that way. Very unselfish way of performing. πŸ‘πŸΌ

I also liked the entries Siddesh got for his solo parts too. Again, a choreography compliment. Like his knee slide entrance, and then with the shoes and stuff. πŸ˜† Very creative. :)
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: pigbelly4myfeet

But one thing I did love about the overall takkar, was the introductions both the guys got. The way Siddesh got that "I'm such a big deal" kind of an intro. Totally suiting his personality. And the way he loves to talk about himself. πŸ˜† And Dharmesh on the other hand got the whole show what you can do more than speak thing. Which totally suits his personality too. I thought this bit was really creative and genius in terms of the choreography for this takkar. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Also, one thing I want to commend Dharmesh for, was the way he made that connect with Siddesh. The way he would give Siddesh these looks and stuff. It was really quite adorable, and he kind of enhanced that connect between the two dancers that way. Dharmesh had great prescence of mind that way. Very unselfish way of performing. πŸ‘πŸΌ

I also liked the entries Siddesh got for his solo parts too. Again, a choreography compliment. Like his knee slide entrance, and then with the shoes and stuff. πŸ˜† Very creative. :)

I totally loved that bit! πŸ˜† They put the personalities of these 2 guys in that intro..with Siddesh's I'm the best and Dharmesh's kaam zyada baat kum! Genius!

And from your first post..Siddesh definitely made his performance seem so easy when his moves really aren't that easy. Some of his moves if done with too much energy and too rigorously instead of the subtlety they required will look awful and probably cheap. Plus Siddesh looked like he was having the time of his life while dancing. He owns Bollywood style. For Dharmesh it was just the wrong theme. I guess because Parvez did a takkar last week, they wouldn't ask him to do one again this week.

Word about Siddesh making it seem like he could have done this in his sleep.

The connection between Siddesh and Dharmesh really made this an entertaining takkar.
bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Dharmesh Sir made mistakes ..and if anyone could see it..they woudl note..not only was he looking nervous ..he missed lipsinking the words when he came in front and somethign was been told in the audio..I was like areey lipsink ka kya hua... A major portion Dharmesh did fantastic where as few things were ok.. I guess Siddhesh was consistent with his engergy and performance.. Dharmesh Sir actually looked tensed in the whole Sequence by expression wise .. I guess Siddesh was a hand above in terms of expressions style and whatver he did was withotu mistakes.. while Dharmesh sir was good in style but expression werent at allw hen required and missed out to lipsink most of the times..

I like both..and I like Amar as well..who looked devasted at the result as if He cant nto take it..I can know how it feels..but honestly I like Dharmesh Sir more than Siddesh but Siddesh deserved as rirghtly the judges said..:D