TRP and Rank - Food for thought

JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Sanginians,

If you looked at last week's TRP points, Sangini compares very poorly with Pavitra Rishta, Ram Milaye Jori and others.  Its rank is way way down to 54 from 17 or 22 that it was couple of months ago.  This is the result of a poor script and lack of a convincing story.  This is a modern generation, and in order for love stories to be successful, they have to bring in a contemporary perspective, so the current generation can relate to it.  Unfortunately Sangini's storyline is totally in the world of make-belief, with demonic men and evil Masis, unrealistic themes of memory loss, and love triangles.    In this modern era of advancement of medical science, science, and IT, characters of Rudra, Gauri, Bhabi, Pihu, Masis, Villains are all frozen in the time frame.  It is impossible for the viewers to connect with such a fragile and unrealistic storyline.

I am not a fan of Pavitra Rishta, but I am amazed at their popularity.  It made me think. PR is the story of an ordinary modern-day couple struggling for a respectable life, and their relationship with their parents, in-laws, and siblings.  Each person has a story.  Though Maanav and Archana are the main characters, but their parents, brothers and sisters all have almost equal share in the story.  All these stories reflect contemporary issues and values.   And after thinking deeply about it I realized that viewers of all age, young and old, can relate to it.  

Ram Milaye Jori is the story of a couple from two different cultural backgrounds with very different values, set in contemporary India.  Again there are two families, and the lives of the main characters Mona and Anukalp, revolve round their parents, and other family members.  The dialogues are witty, interesting and modern.  A perfect story for old and young.

Please note that both the above shows have very few villains.  Sure there are a few bad guys, but they are not those ancient demonic villain stereotypes.

I had a lot of hope for Sangini.  I thought Rudra and Gauri will work hard to build a business of their own, both will be working shoulder to shoulder, and at some point of life will have misunderstandings that are common between modern working couples (not because of extra marital affairs, but other things, may be relationship with parents, issues with running their company, ego issues about who is better).  Side by side they could have a parallel storyline with Pihu transforming from a spoilt egoistic girl to a responsible doctor, a true Sangini for Abhay.  That would be a contemporary storyline.  In fact, it was going in that direction.  Suddenly, comes PC, Ram-Revathy, and now another Masi from the pre-historic zamana.  On top of it an unrealistic storyline that can never take place in real life.  These theories can no longer attract audience.  In fact, Hindi movies have moved away from these ancient concepts a long time ago.

With the axe fallen on Geeta already, I do not see much hope for Sangini if this unconvincing storyline continues.  We should hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

Edited by trinaroy - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OrientalDancer thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with you!  I am only watching the show, because of  Binny and Iqbal.The storys  gets unrealistic day by day and i have no hope that it will get better. I am sorry for the actors even for AG  for acting in such an unrealistic and horrible serial, which was good in its initial days. And i assume that everyone watch it only because of their faves.  I am not againts its cancellation anymore, although i will miss that RaGa/IqBi chemistry , which reminded me of  SRK/Kajol.

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
from 17 to 54??  I didn't realise it was such a slide!! 

Thanks for explaining about why the other shows are popular. I didn't realise how sensible they sound compared to this show.  It makes for some very sad reading. It's bad. We all know it's bad.
JuhiR thumbnail

Originally posted by: locman

from 17 to 54??  I didn't realise it was such a slide!! 

Thanks for explaining about why the other shows are popular. I didn't realise how sensible they sound compared to this show.  It makes for some very sad reading. It's bad. We all know it's bad.

At one time Sangini's rank was above RMJ and other shows.  They really need to rethink their storyline and plot if they want to do well,
JuhiR thumbnail

Originally posted by: OrientalDancer

I agree with you!  I am only watching the show, because of  Binny and Iqbal.The storys  gets unrealistic day by day and i have no hope that it will get better. I am sorry for the actors even for AG  for acting in such an unrealistic and horrible serial, which was good in its initial days. And i assume that everyone watch it only because of their faves.  I am not againts its cancellation anymore, although i will miss that RaGa/IqBi chemistry , which reminded me of  SRK/Kajol.

Yes, unfortunately they are all very charming actors.  I do not know what happened to the storyline all of a sudden.  Even if the storyline is a little unrealistic, we can still accept it, if the dialogues and script are powerful and convincing.  In this case the script and dialogues are so weak.  Everytime I keep on thinking they will improve in the next track, but NO.  Now I don't expect much.  I wish all the best for MIK, AG, BS, and others.  I hope the script improves, and if it does not, then at least hope that they get to act in better serials or movies in the future.
arima2010 thumbnail
Rudra and Gauri are the main problem of this show. They have no charm and looks horrendous next to eachother. All shows have bad plots and villians but if the hero and heroine look this retarded and crappy with no chemistry and one behaves and looks like other ones mother with single fed up expression on face and who has been worn out in limelight in did reality then that is the main reason why this fiction sangini is biggest flop.
smitzz thumbnail
Fantastic analysis 👏
Could not have explained it better. You said it all.

Amrita0901 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Interesting point of view I think the beginning of Sangini was relate-able and the thought that "pyar
dobara hota hai" is a great concept the CV's just need to work on the storyline. But MIK, Binny, and Additi are doing the best they can 😊
Edited by Amrita0901 - 12 years ago
Thamesriver thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: trinaroy

Hello Sanginians,

If you looked at last week's TRP points, Sangini compares very poorly with Pavitra Rishta, Ram Milaye Jori and others.  Its rank is way way down to 54 from 17 or 22 that it was couple of months ago.  This is the result of a poor script and lack of a convincing story.  This is a modern generation, and in order for love stories to be successful, they have to bring in a contemporary perspective, so the current generation can relate to it.  Unfortunately Sangini's storyline is totally in the world of make-belief, with demonic men and evil Masis, unrealistic themes of memory loss, and love triangles.    In this modern era of advancement of medical science, science, and IT, characters of Rudra, Gauri, Bhabi, Pihu, Masis, Villains are all frozen in the time frame.  It is impossible for the viewers to connect with such a fragile and unrealistic storyline.

I am not a fan of Pavitra Rishta, but I am amazed at their popularity.  It made me think. PR is the story of an ordinary modern-day couple struggling for a respectable life, and their relationship with their parents, in-laws, and siblings.  Each person has a story.  Though Maanav and Archana are the main characters, but their parents, brothers and sisters all have almost equal share in the story.  All these stories reflect contemporary issues and values.   And after thinking deeply about it I realized that viewers of all age, young and old, can relate to it.  

Ram Milaye Jori is the story of a couple from two different cultural backgrounds with very different values, set in contemporary India.  Again there are two families, and the lives of the main characters Mona and Anukalp, revolve round their parents, and other family members.  The dialogues are witty, interesting and modern.  A perfect story for old and young.

Please note that both the above shows have very few villains.  Sure there are a few bad guys, but they are not those ancient demonic villain stereotypes.

I had a lot of hope for Sangini.  I thought Rudra and Gauri will work hard to build a business of their own, both will be working shoulder to shoulder, and at some point of life will have misunderstandings that are common between modern working couples (not because of extra marital affairs, but other things, may be relationship with parents, issues with running their company, ego issues about who is better).  Side by side they could have a parallel storyline with Pihu transforming from a spoilt egoistic girl to a responsible doctor, a true Sangini for Abhay.  That would be a contemporary storyline.  In fact, it was going in that direction.  Suddenly, comes PC, Ram-Revathy, and now another Masi from the pre-historic zamana.  On top of it an unrealistic storyline that can never take place in real life.  These theories can no longer attract audience.  In fact, Hindi movies have moved away from these ancient concepts a long time ago.

With the axe fallen on Geeta already, I do not see much hope for Sangini if this unconvincing storyline continues.  We should hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

I agree with all that u said in the above. When Rg moved out of the haveli the stoyy was going good but tthen the Cvs had to introduce their maasis ,chachis and rams. 
Edited by Anuhia - 12 years ago
jakr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@trinoroy   What an apt analysis. Just my thoughts. this Pr and Rmj are no great  and not very impressive but as u said it cater to all the catagories. I had great expectations  when it started. I think once the padma chahi track started the slide started. I was just thinking Why the channel and cvs are not responding. May be they have made up their mind to wind up the show already? It saddens me of course . But  I will wait for the best for all the sangini main actors . Especially for my favourite hero Iqbal