Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Help needed...about Sathiya and Gopi... (Page 3)

angelirebelli IF-Dazzler
angelirebelli
angelirebelli

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by malinn

Yes angelribelli... Relda does write very well... But then, your inputs are also always spot on...and always very well put... Smile

totally agree with you...

awww.. Thanx malinn - u r most kind !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malinn

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ANJ4

I like everything everyone has said ...Now I am more confused than ever... I guess I will keep reading and watch to see what happens ...best way out dreaming of gohem.

Smile
manjushree8.00 Groupbie
manjushree8.00
manjushree8.00

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
hmmm...mallin ur rit...bt v vil have 2 acpt dis...czz dis iz a serial bt a real story of a women...in serial n moviezzz everything izz possible...so jst wtch n njy d epizzz ...kSmile

malinn

Relda Goldie
Relda
Relda

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Thanks guys, for making me feel at home despite my contrarian views.
Every marriage, whether it is a sight-unseen arranged one or a culmination of years of romance and togetherness, requires compromises, adjustments and re-evaluations. Both partners need to meet each other half-way to make a marriage work.. it doesn't happen automatically or by divine interventions. And this is what we are expecting of Aham (not terribly unreasonably) - to wipe out memories of his first love, change his nurtured views about the kind of life-partner he desires, re-focus from a life-style of intellectual conversations and social interactions to one of religiousity and plebian household affairs. But, to have an expectation that Gopi should also change her attitude and try to grow mentally and socially is wrong?
She has moved from a life of cooking, cleaning and picking up after other family members in her pre-marital home to a life of cooking, cleaning and picking up after the members of her sasural. Her situation in the mean-time has improved noticeably.. her two MILs are pillars of strengths behind her, advising, comforting and supporting her during her darkest hours.. her FILS are loving and genuinely appreciative of her.. her BIL thinks the world of her. But, she has not shown an iota of growth in either confidence, savviness or desire to change her ways to give her marriage a chance of survival. It would have been nice if it were shown that Gopi trying to find out about Aham's birthday, before Koki decided to take the bull by the horns, and plan something nice for him, silently, unselfishly and without any expectations, as per her nature. It would have been nice if they had shown Gopi asking Jigar for tips on how to improve her vocabulary or awareness of Aham's work-place. It would have been nice if they had shown Gopi doing something - anything - special for Aham that she doesn't do for every other member of the Modi family.. tending to a physical indisposition or praying to Kanhaji to help others in their hour of hardship. It doesn't help that Koki's plan to bring them closer is to make her do stuff that even Mani could have done with ease.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

malinnangelirebelli

saomom IF-Rockerz
saomom
saomom

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged

So, lets say, I have a classmate who loves me...but I am not really interested in this guy ...then we meet after a few years...Now he makes my heart go a flutter... I am totally in love with him...

But...hey...I am not in love with the real him...I am in love with the change...not acceptable...I only love him because he has changed... my love is not true...boo hoo...waah...

Am I getting lost in this maze called Sathiya?????

This part of your post intrigued me.   @bold - Why do you say your love is not true?  He is not the same person he was a few years back, but neither are you!  Each of you has grown and changed, and perhaps the changes in you and your perceptions are what is making your heart flutter.  

People change as time goes on.  Ahem may be change his perception of Gopi simply because he is around her all the time.  You get used to people as you are around them.    I think we've all had the experience of falling for a good looking guy, only to find out that he's a total creep as time goes on.  On the other hand, we've all had a good buddy who becomes better looking as time passes.    People change.  I, for one, am hoping that Aham is changing...

malinn

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Relda... Relda... Where have you been???? Smile

Tumne mere dil ki baat chhinn li... I had thought the same things, that Gopi has never shown an interest in Ahem's interests... She has never really adapted to her elevated status... I also like your point about expectations from Ahem v/s Gopi...

Your views on marriage on the whole are superb...

Edited by malinn - 08 May 2011 at 2:33pm
-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz
-Nafisa-
-Nafisa-

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

Relda... Relda... Where have you been???? Smile

Tumne mere dil ki baat chhinn li... I had thought the same things, that Gopi has never shown an interest in Ahem's interests... She has never really adapted to her elevated status...

Your views on marriage on the whole are superb...

I agree that Gopi has not adapted to her elevated status, or shown interest in the husbands work or why he doesn't like her (unpad stuff) if she want's to change his behaviour towards her she should have put more effort into educating herself, but it's difficult for her to voice these things in the first place just because she has always been trampled on and has low self esteem/no confidence as well, so she can't elevate herself, she doesn't know how to, also Aham and Kokila have not given her any authority in the house to be bossy, she has no rights...she's a glorified servant.
malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Thanks Saomom...

What you said is 100% right...So, change is eventual... Since both will change...

Go to top