Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Help needed...about Sathiya and Gopi... (Page 2)

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Wonderful angelribelli ...

It's a paradox... Anyways you look at it...

But, yes like you rightly said about the point Lovtv made... Change must be of the free will and it is a reflection of one's affections...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelliANJ4

Relda Goldie
Relda
Relda

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Hi Malinn,

I am a silent reader of this forum and this is my first post. My mum watches this show religiously and I sometimes catch up bits of it while having tea with her. I never felt compelled to post on this forum because, frankly, my views are so radically different from the majority of the views expressed on this forum.

I agree a lot witht the views that you express and thought of making this post. I hope I do not ruffle ttoo many feathers.

I see a lot of the word "love" being bandied around. Kokila loves Gopi as a daughter, Gopi loves Ahem more than her life and so on. Does Koki really love Gopi or is this a challenge that she has taken up since her own mom pointed out that Ahem-Gopi are a failure as a couple. Before Nani came, Gopi was also abused, denigrated, thrown out of the house, disavowed in front of Ahem's colleagues.. in general treated like dirt of the lowest order. Why wasn't Kokila's maternal instincts stirred at those moments? Was Gopi less sincere or innocent during that phase or was her pain and dejection less piercing? Does a woman of Kokila's determination, sense of fairness and moral uprightness need another person to realise that she had done a grave injustice to both Ahem and Gopi by insisting on this marriage.. or is it that, like everything else in life, she hates to lose (in this case to Rashi who was rewarded by Nani) and is determined to be extra vitriolic to Rashi (without knowing the full details of Rashi's kaarigaaris) and prove that her choice of Gopi as Modi bahu was irreproachable.

Coming to Gopi's Love for Aham.. Is she in love with Aham as a person or Aham as a husband? If Aham was replaced by any other male character would she not have had the same outpouring of love and devotion for her husband? she hardly knows anything about Aham to be in love with his character..his intelligence and drive are sort of beyond her realm and she has only seen his disdain and contempt as regular emotions towards her. So, unless she is a masochist it is safe to say that Gopi's love is more towards the relationship that she is bound by towards Aham rather than Aham as a person. So why this insistence that Aham should love Gopi as a person. Shouldn't Gopi also start to know Aham better as a person too? And to do that doesn't she need to get a modicum of education and social etiquettes to fully appreciate and absorb Aham's intellect, habits, nature and emotions? Isn't it a reality that love needs a stable common ground for a meeting of minds and hearts?

Sorry for the long post and sorry if I offended any fans of this show.  

Edited by Relda - 07 May 2011 at 6:39am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jasmin0000malinnangelirebellisaomomANJ4-Nafisa-

malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Clap Relda...

First of all...you write beautifully...and your thoughts are well sorted out...

This is a Sathiya forum... Not an "I Love Sathiya" forum...

You have highlighted points about Kokila... And asked such relevant questions...

Reldaangelirebelli

aashima326 Senior Member
aashima326
aashima326

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
I also said previously and again want to say that most of the I Indian women love a man bcoz he is her husband and this is the concept of Indian arranged marriages that we trust our god that he gave us right life partner for us an by the way u said abt why aham love her as a person so i want to say she do not love aham as a person and agreed that her love is towards her relationship but still she do not want to change him and accepted him the way he is and she too bound towards her relationship that she never love anybody else than him. so if aham ever love her that only bcoz of the real gopi not for the change bcoz if someone love the changes then that love vanish easily if person get better option but if someone loves u with all the flaws u have then that love wid u even after u. like gopi loves him wid all the flaws

jasmin0000malinn

angelirebelli IF-Dazzler
angelirebelli
angelirebelli

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Bravo Relda !!! I cudnt agree more nor articulate it any better... U ROCK !!

The GOPI-AHAM has developed to be a very complicated one. Gopi's single minded devotion to her husband is ideal but lacks reality. Any woman, even if she were not educated, has a core to her being, which includes self respect ( deepite them being innocent, dumb or not aware of the ways of the world). I have now moved from being shocked at her to being amazed at her servile attitude, lack of confidence and mostly her ignorance. Lets be real people any woman in her situation would prefer to walk away (whatever her circumstance!!). 

Having said that, I am in complete agreement with you, when you say why do people expect Aham to change esp love her. Love is too small an element and disdain too big an emotion to be overcome by knowing her qualities, goodness. I also, agree when you say Gopi shud make an effort to understand Aham n his world, if she wants to be in it !! 

People definitely need a common ground in forms such as sensibilities, intellect, social sphere etc for a start and if not that then LOVE (which is far fetched) .. Gopi needs to choose the work on the lesser of the two evils to even get noticed.. 

One cant expect a smooth ride on a bumpy road with a flat tyre, u either change the tyre or take a different route!!! 

Do I make sense or have I lost u??

Edited by angelirebelli - 07 May 2011 at 11:24am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

malinnReldaANJ4

ANJ4 IF-Sizzlerz
ANJ4
ANJ4

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
I like everything everyone has said ...Now I am more confused than ever... I guess I will keep reading and watch to see what happens ...best way out dreaming of gohem.
malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aashima326

I also said previously and again want to say that most of the I Indian women love a man bcoz he is her husband and this is the concept of Indian arranged marriages that we trust our god that he gave us right life partner for us an by the way u said abt why aham love her as a person so i want to say she do not love aham as a person and agreed that her love is towards her relationship but still she do not want to change him and accepted him the way he is and she too bound towards her relationship that she never love anybody else than him. so if aham ever love her that only bcoz of the real gopi not for the change bcoz if someone love the changes then that love vanish easily if person get better option but if someone loves u with all the flaws u have then that love wid u even after u. like gopi loves him wid all the flaws

Very true Aashima...
malinn Goldie
malinn
malinn

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
Yes angelribelli... Relda does write very well... But then, your inputs are also always spot on...and always very well put... Smile

I especialy liked your line... Gopi must understand Ahem in his world if she wants to be a part of it ...

Edited by malinn - 07 May 2011 at 10:14pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelli

Go to top