Mythological Masti

JSK dubbed into Telugu

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Guys,

Recently since a past few years, a few Telugu TV channels like Maa TV and Gemini TV have been dubbing popular Hindi soaps into Telugu. We had NDTV Ramayan (under the name Ramayanam) half a year after the Hindi version began airing, and then Mahima Shani Dev Ki, which is still running under the name Sanidevuni Mahimalu, and Balika Vadhu, called Chinnaari Pellikoothuru, began airing. Recently Laagi Tujhse Lagaan also started, called Aada Janma or something, and only yesterday I saw the Ads for Jai Shri Krishna on Gemini TV. I didn't see the full add so I don't know what time or day it will air, but I am going to follow it since I never saw the initial epis of JSK.😃 I think the title has been changed to Sri Krishna Leelalu or something, will specify correctly once I watch the first episode.

I'll write my honest opinion on the epis here, so that all of you who saw it in Hindi can join in the discussions.

-Janu

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Can you just tell the time at which the show is been aired?
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That's awesome!!!! I hope we get some youtuber to upload those episodes. The JSK episodes on youtube are so low quality!
OMG! I think one of my friends on fb talked about this. She speaks Telegu, so yeah. But omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yeah i heard about it ...
they dobbed it long back .. it was earlier also shown on one of the tamil channel and i use to watch it last yr
even though i dont understand the language ... LOL

esrujan thumbnail
Do all of you speak Telugu here? Is it ur mother tongue or u learned it somehow?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: esrujan

Do all of you speak Telugu here? Is it ur mother tongue or u learned it somehow?

No, I think I'm the only Telugu person here other than my sister.😆 Yeah, it's the mother tongue of people from Andhra Pradesh...I initially saw new Ramayan in Telugu only, and I even saw bits of the old Ramayan in Telugu (but I stopped because of the horrible dubbing).
muffins2waffles thumbnail
^ Oh gosh.  I remember that dubbing 😆 
esrujan thumbnail
Good to see Janaki that there are ppl who can speak/understand Telugu.

Here is the link to dubbed version of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat. It was aired in ETV and all the videos are available on YouTube on their official channel.

Try accessing this link and you will get to see an episode running.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ETVtelugu#p/search/17/cw-y6st48Uc

Dubbing is very bad though>>> I would rather watch Hindi version than this but still if someone faces problem with understanding Hindi, this is an alternative.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: esrujan

Good to see Janaki that there are ppl who can speak/understand Telugu.

Here is the link to dubbed version of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat. It was aired in ETV and all the videos are available on YouTube on their official channel.

Try accessing this link and you will get to see an episode running.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ETVtelugu#p/search/17/cw-y6st48Uc

Dubbing is very bad though>>> I would rather watch Hindi version than this but still if someone faces problem with understanding Hindi, this is an alternative.

Thanks a lot, esrujan! Will definitely visit those links.

Yeah, for any any language I feel that only the original version is best. Any Hindi movie/show dubbed into Telugu, or any telugu movie/show dubbed into Hindi sounds terrible. The movement of the mouth and words do not match up, and the people who dub themselves do a very average job. For example, in Ramanand Sagar's Luv Kush serial, the dubbed version, there is this line that Ram says that totally put me off watching the rest of the show in telugu, esp since I already had the Hindi version. "Nuvvu mamul aadadaanivi kaadu, Sita."😳 
esrujan thumbnail
In most of the cases, I think original version with subtitles is better than dubbed version.

But I did see some great dubs of mythological serials such as "Om Namah Shivaya" and "Jai Hanuman" which were aired in late 90's almost the same time as they were in Hindi in North India.

I would not know how the original Hindi versions are different, but the Telugu versions were quite good.
Interestingly, it seems Doordarshn themselves do the dub, they do it well>>> In general, this means that if the dub is done by the same association, it is probably good.

P.S. My first name is "Srujan". I make handle such as "esrujan" as I usually get the handle easier than "srujan".