Random Musings: May 6, 2011

Posted: 12 years ago
Whoa...interesting episode with lots of moving parts...filler Friday...but still good!

For all those missing some Priya - Aditya action, there was plenty of that today. πŸ˜† Episode began with Aditya returning home to find Priya fallen asleep on a chair while waiting for him. Cute-sy beginning to today. RaQesh needs to pump up the arms a bit though 😈...he did not look super comfortable carrying Priya. πŸ˜†

Unable to sleep, Vidya lay in bed recalling Gaurav & Devyani's words to her while Gaurav is fast asleep on the couch. As daybreak dawns, Gaurav wakes up to find Vidya gone and worriedly looks for her around the house. Seeing him do so, Devyani asks what his concern means but Gaurav brushes away her questions. This was a pretty well done sequence from Gaurav's looking for Vidya...to Devyani's angry questioning...to her pointing out the kind of woman Vidya is...to Gaurav finally being bombarded with queries about the surprise by Chinu, Sweety & Tara. I enjoyed the detailing in the screenplay like Imli setting the table...Devyani preparing breakfast in the kitchen...Sweety, Chinu & Tara downstairs for breakfast...all well done! Babuji's absence however was glaringly obvious.

Meanwhile, Vidya arrives at Aarti's house..much to the latter's discomfort. Predictably...Vidya asks Aarti to leave Gaurav as somebody as nice as him would not do so on his own. Cliched as it was, Vidya managed herself well...from pleading for the family's happiness to pointing out her own plight and even going as far as openly stating that she (Vidya) would not break her marriage with Gaurav. πŸ‘πŸΌ I guess such a scene was needed to get all the cards out in the open. But Aarti's expressions confused me. She looked scornful of Vidya at times which did not make any sense especially given how she herself does not seem to be Gaurav's lover...very confusing! 😳 But what now...where will this story go from here? πŸ€” Aarti will certainly let Gaurav know about Vidya's visit...he will likely get angry or upset with Vidya...and we'll be back to the same place we were a few weeks ago when Vidya started going to deliver lunch! I guess I will withhold judgement till next week! I hope the writers have Vidya do something more innovative and clever instead of pleading with Gaurav or sit around moping.

Back at the Jhaakar house, Aditya & Priya argue over who gets to use the bathroom first. Aditya tricks her and manages to get in but as Priya stands outside complaining, he opens the door and pulls her in. Yup...another sweet scene between the two! So much better than the maha episode dance! πŸ˜†

As the family sits down together for breakfast, Vidya returns just as Brahma wonders where she was. Before he can ask too many questions, Uttara interrupts and asks him if Vidya was not looking beautiful which he acknowledges! 😲 I know Brahma was not being his usual creepy self here but don't even think of going there writers. Please keep at least one Jhaakar woman out of the purview of his lustful eyes. 😳 Seeing Tara and Sweety whisper to each other, Brahma wonders what they are talking about to which Tara reveals that it was Mother's Day and they were discussing that! As everybody wishes Uttara & Devyani, Sweety, Chinu and Tara drag them to their Mother's Day surprise. Everybody gives both of them gifts except for Tara who ignores Uttara and only has one for Devyani!

Overall: Filler but good episode. I will go with a 3.75 today
. Some bits were too cliched for me. Vindya was again solid acting wise! ⭐️

The precap looks very interesting. Wonder if this will be the turning point in Uttara & Tara's relationship that Brahma will use to try and get his way with Uttara!

Edited by darlunia - 12 years ago
Very nice post jayaπŸ€—,

I think priya has put-on some weight so adi was not able to carry her easilyπŸ˜†, today they made up for the longing we had to see them together. i understand vidya's feelings and i didnt find it to be wrong wen vidya went to arthi's house bcoz she wants to save her marriage by hook or by crook  and she is very clear about wat she wants, arthi may not be gaurav's GF but this could be one of the windows  to open up the story, vidya's expression and dialogue delivery was goodπŸ‘πŸΌ, i didnt like arthi's expression, it was weirdπŸ˜•. but vidya handled the seq very wellπŸ‘.

I think tara is over reacting on uttara, i feel deviyani hasnt tried to clear the differences btwn uttara and tara. uttara being hurt about her daughter is very natural. precap looks like bhrama is trying to correct tara, if that happens then uttara's trust and respect will increase towards SSP, may be he will try to take adv of the situation.

Adi and priya's shower scene made my day😍☺️

Edited by divyakeerhi - 12 years ago
Jaya, I liked the episode... the writers are balancing everything well now. 

But, I'm still not sure about Vidya's step. When she asked Devyani to step back and that she would talk to Gaurv regarding the issue herself, I expected the episode would start with their convo! πŸ˜Š 

She asked Aarti to leave Gaurav alone bcuz he would never hurt her...umm..I'm not sure of whether to call it as a wise decision by Vidya. I mean, he made it very clear that his breath is associated with Aarti and that he married Vidya out of pressure... I'm not expecting her to leave him for Aarti, either. But this is just like she just wants to save her marriage, love and compatibility are secondary here. Its like how Devyani made a mistake of hoping that things would turn better after marriage, Vidya is hoping that Gaurav would love her once Aarti is out of his life. πŸ˜Š 

Loved small scenes like Gaurav wishing Mothers' day to Uttara first and "aapko bhi" to Devyani. Both Taara and Gaurav have grudges from their mothers so that  was one similarity I could spot there. 

Did not like Vidya's yellow dress one bit! 
Well H-W-B I saw yestday's and today's epis back to back ...

Yestdy Devyni was everywhere  ... the mistress of the House of Shadows.  Shadows looming large and spectres of her husband and son presenting unpalatable pictures to her.  She tries to protect both their victims.  The distraught can be seen quite clearly as she weeps in V's arms.  First consternated at what her diabolical husband cud do to her sister and then the subsequent breakdown at seeing the plight of her hapless DIL.

Dyu really believe Jaya that Chinu is eyeing V in a different way?  He keeps calling her bhabhi... and reassures her abt her husband. Good Grief!  Is that equation going to change and he is going to fall for her? πŸ˜•

V has a defo squint.  One eye is larger than the other especially when her eyes shift sideways and that is very jarring ...

The giddyheaded help is tickled by the amorous young couple taking a shower together. Did she spill the beans at the breakfast table?  SP would have another cause to hit the ceiling!  The way he looked at V, I thought this would be his prey no 3 after Priya and Uttara. 

Gaurav is at the same level as the lil girl who is giving "masi" first preference to wish "Mother's Day".  IQ is the same. Sigh!!

Where is the old man?  SP's father?  Fill me up on that please ...

Hey Jaya, great post! πŸ˜Š

The Aditya-Priya scene at the beginning was just right for those of us who were missing them (myself included 😍). Hmm maybe Aditya should hit the gym...perhaps that's why we haven't seen him shirtless yet hahaha he probably doesn't compare to Dakssh (Gaurav) πŸ˜‰

I loved the morning scene in which Gaurav is searching for Vidya. We all know that he still cares about her (probably as a friend at the least) because he does worry about her when he hurts her with his words, just as he did in that episode at the office and was worried about her getting home. I loved Devyani's questioning of him, and her asking him why he cares since he wanted her out of his life anyhow. I kind of wish Gaurav had told Sweety guys what he thought of Vidya when he first saw her, I'm pretty sure it would have been all nice things, but alas, none of that. πŸ˜”

I did not understand Arti's reactions either. But then again, it's the same as when she gets pissed at Gaurav for  giving in to Vidya's dinner invitation or when he was worried about whether or not she had gotten home. I think her pissed off expressions weren't there because she is Gaurav's girlfriend on the side but because she knows what the real issue with Gaurav is, and does not want Vidya interfering, and also it is not her place to tell Vida any of his secrets. She is probably just uncomfortable and not too happy about being dragged into this. I honestly do not think she is Gaurav's girlfriend...it just doesn't add up. I hope when Arti tells Gaurav that he doesn't yell @ Vidya. She's had enough of his anger thrown at her. πŸ˜’

Loved the bathroom fight and shower scene between Aditya-Priya. Very well done, cute & romantic, and Jaya I agree, it was better than the last dance sequence! πŸ˜ƒ

Oh god and I'm sure a lot of us are thinking this, I really hope SSP doesn't start thinking about Vidya as more than just his daughter-in-law. Please writers..NO! And also while on the topic, NO to the chinu-vidya relationship as well. Please. I will not be happy πŸ˜’!

Tara needs to grow up. That's all I have to say about that.

Can't wait for next week! Hoping for more progression in Gaurav-Vidya story! πŸ‘πŸΌ

jaya afta readin ur this View ! I have to watch y-day n todays epi !! buh seems like will watch thm afta Xams =/ !! buh have to see how cheenu is changin towards Vidya πŸ˜• !! n if he is Woow thts so unpredictable πŸ˜• !! 

Divya...πŸ˜†...I don't think RaQesh's lifting of Ridhi that way had to do with her weight. He is not as "muscular" as say Dakssh! πŸ€£ I get why Vidya's character would want to go confront Aarti but as a cinematic plot device, I found it very cliched. Even the shot of them standing kinda back to back was reminiscent of Silsila. πŸ€”

Shreya...very good point about what Vidya said and the continuity in to today's episode. I guess I was ok with it as they showed her leave before Gaurav got up. That said...how did Vidya know where Aarti lived? πŸ˜†
Skep...so happy to see you back!

Yestdy Devyni was everywhere  ... the mistress of the House of Shadows.

Such an apt description for Devyani and the Jhaakar house!

Dyu really believe Jaya that Chinu is eyeing V in a different way?  He keeps calling her bhabhi... and reassures her abt her husband. Good Grief!  Is that equation going to change and he is going to fall for her? πŸ˜•

Nope...not for one second. It is being speculated like crazy on the forum but I do not think that was the writers intention at all. To Chinu, Vidya is a bhabhi...like she is to Aditya, Sweety and Priya. She is not really his Bhabhi but he refers to her the way the others do. They might go with a Sweety - Chinu angle. If they even remotely consider going with a Vidya - Chinu track as a way to move the Gaurav - Vidya story forward, it would be a total let down for me.

V has a defo squint.  One eye is larger than the other especially when her eyes shift sideways and that is very jarring.

Really? πŸ˜† Never noticed it...am sure I will now just like I became aware of somebody else's ears after you pointed it out! 🀣

The giddyheaded help is tickled by the amorous young couple taking a shower together. Did she spill the beans at the breakfast table?  SP would have another cause to hit the ceiling!  The way he looked at V, I thought this would be his prey no 3 after Priya and Uttara.

Nope...Imli did not say anything. I think Brahma was just surprised at Vidya's look today. For now he is too interested in Uttara to notice Vidya but who knows...she could be his next prey.

Where is the old man?  SP's father?  Fill me up on that please.

No clue where Babuji is...his absence today was so obvious! Similarly, Priya's Dad is also MIA.

Originally posted by darlunia

Divya...πŸ˜†...I don't think RaQesh's lifting of Ridhi that way had to do with her weight. He is not as "muscular" as say Dakssh! πŸ€£ I get why Vidya's character would want to go confront Aarti but as a cinematic plot device, I found it very cliched. Even the shot of them standing kinda back to back was reminiscent of Silsila. πŸ€”

Shreya...very good point about what Vidya said and the continuity in to today's episode. I guess I was ok with it as they showed her leave before Gaurav left. That said...how did Vidya know where Aarti lived? πŸ˜†

I too was wondering how vidya found Aarti's houseπŸ˜²πŸ˜† 

Earlier Adi carried priya with easeπŸ˜† (remember Jadu hai nasha hai ) what happened to him today πŸ˜† ...he should take vitamin tablets πŸ˜†

Edited by divyakeerhi - 12 years ago
Sonia...thanks and right back at ya! 😊 I also noticed Gaurav starting to reply to the questions from Sweety but he changed his mood on seeing Devyani...πŸ€”...would have been nice to hear him praise Vidya!