Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DiamondLife thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Dance wise definitely Dharmesh...he had expressions in balance too..

Agar name dance ke superstars hai to dance dekhake marks ke jao...
Siddesh was amazing with expressions not dance...
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
siddesh & bollywood just goes hand in hand cz he ws fab and my vote goes to him for dis takkar round

i totally agree with shiamak's comments dis time...
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well, I voted for Dharmesh because according to me, dance wise he was much better than Siddesh, but Siddesh was very good too. I have seen him do much better though, so that's why I did not find it worth a 30. I think his expressions and timing on expressions were mind blowing though, and I think that's what helped him get the extra point from each judge.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
SIDDESH!

I agree, Dharmesh is a great dancer and no one can take that credit away from him. His crisp movements, innovative choreography, and his signature steps are what set him apart from the rest. HOWEVER, in this bollywood-themed takkar - Siddesh's expressions and subtle movements combined with his comic timing were a lethal combination! Siddesh's expression and comic timing are so purely bollywood that it is hard to imagine anyone who can beat him at that. What Dharmesh did was good, but it wasn't anything new - we've already seen him do all of those things. You can say the same for Siddesh, but it played out well for him in this context since the theme was bollywood.

For all those saying Siddesh wasn't really dancing, let me just say that dance is not about putting all your energy into one movement - instead, it is about learning which movements require more energy and which movements require you to hold some of that energy back. Siddesh's dance is filled with very small, subtle movements. He adds in bits and pieces here and there in his act that catch you out of nowhere.

I watched their performance again before making this post, and I stick with my original opinion that Siddesh outdid Dharmesh in this takkar. If you watch the end of their performance when they are performing simultaneous (with the same steps), in my honest opinion, it's really hard to take your eyes off of Siddesh. I feel Dharmesh is really putting all his energy into the act, but sometimes that's not enough. Dharmesh is at his best in his performances like the last laser one - very subtle movements in between combined with innovative choreography. I didn't like the loud choreography this time especially because it wasn't anything new.

As a last note, I also want to add that Siddesh's song choices made a huge difference as well. Siddhesh picked purely bollywood songs that allowed him to take full advantage of inserting comic moments into his act while Dharmesh's song choice was very generic.

Edit- Siddesh is a great actor. He lip syncs and adds charisma with his expressions to his dialogue at the start of the performance (the "full stop" dialogue), but when Dharmesh gets his turn with the "baatein kam, kaam zyaada dialogue", he does not lip sync!! Why won't you lip sync something that's in your own voice? It fails to leave the same impact as Siddesh's dialogue because of that, and the expressions and attitude that is a little lacking. Little things like that do make a difference in my opinion.
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 12 years ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
In one sentence - Siddesh , Dharmesh ko kachha chaba gaya Bollywood Takkar mein...- He was definately better and more graceful / expressive performer - no doubt about it !!
Dharmesh was good too - but if you talk about Takkar - Siddesh was better !! Edited by Nishita123 - 12 years ago