Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

is kokila the ideal MIL or woman...

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi , I am not a fan of the serial . My mom watches the show hence I was forced to see the episodes. My Mom who is a big fan of the show feels that kokila is a very ideal woman instilling good values to her DIL but the more i saw the show, i felt that kokila  is a very hypocritical and a selfish woman ...

so here are my thoughts on why

she got her son married to a woman knowing that her son didnt like or love gopi and infact was in love with another girl and I feel like she did injustice to gopi coz she is not getting the love of a husband that she deserves from her marriage

She tries to fault rashi and her upbringing and tells gopi what to do but she herself failed as a parent to give good values to her own kids ...from what i saw both are really spoilt kids with no values and respect then how can she criticize other's daughters

The way she behaved with rashi on the whole grandma trunk case was so childish..she found every opportunity to put one DIL down while glorifying the other and also reacted badly to gopi's loss...it was childish.

Her son abuses his wife every single day and yet she advises her DIL to win his heart by serving her tea and bringing his file and what not instead why cant she advise her son to behave like a man...

How is she from any angle an ideal MIL when all i can see is a very selfish woman...how is she any different from rashi or her mother

share your thoughts plz ...and btw the show is so regressive and backward...does this really happen in indian households...coz it really makes me think

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Neither. No one on this forum has ever found Koki to be perfect. Besides, for all her faults which you've listed, she has one saving grace. She admits that she was wrong whenNani pointed it out to her. Also, she doesn't plot others' downfall to look good herself like UrShi. Rashi & her mother are always coveting other people's things & are not above stealing, breaking into other's homes, etc. You get the idea.

If you think this show is regressive then you mayn't have watched any other shows. Have you watched all those other rural shows which another channel is famous for? Do see those & then you might revise the definition of regressive.
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago
Kavita. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hyprocrite (YES)
Selfish (YES)
Backwards (YES)
No Vaules In Her Kids (YES)
Shes Not Just Bad MIL But Shes a Bad Mother Aswell .!
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

Neither. No one on this forum has ever found Koki to be perfect. Besides, for all her faults which you've listed, she has one saving grace. She admits that she was wrong whenNani pointed it out to her. Also, she doesn't plot others' downfall to look good herself like UrShi. Rashi & her mother are always coveting other people's things & are not above stealing, breaking into other's homes, etc. You get the idea.

If you think this show is regressive then you mayn't have watched any other shows. Have you watched all those other rural shows which another channel is famous for? Do see those & then you might revise the definition of regressive.

Thanks Rana!  it seems we have a lot of actor bashing going on these days in the forum.People should stop watching if they don't like it. The people in this forum let off steam when they don't like something in the show. We stay in the forum because we like it. Half of the people in the forum who post their opinion don't have a clue of the earlier episodes. We don't have murders ,extramarital affairs,etc in the show. It's a clean show where u can watch with your family.
Hot_Indo_Chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Koki isn't perfect...but she protects those whom she cares about ferociously...and now Gopi is in that list!
Kavita. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: avivakirk

Thanks Rana! it seems we have a lot of actor bashing going on these days in the forum.People should stop watching if they don't like it. The people in this forum let off steam when they don't like something in the show. We stay in the forum because we like it. Half of the people in the forum who post their opinion don't have a clue of the earlier
episodes. We don't have murders ,extramarital affairs,etc in the show.It's a clean show where u can watch with your family.

Sorry If You Dont Like My Comments ... I Will Not Do Any Actor Bashing Now Sorry
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kavita.

Hyprocrite (YES)
Selfish (YES)
Backwards (YES)
No Vaules In Her Kids (YES)
Shes Not Just Bad MIL But Shes a Bad Mother Aswell .!

Thats a bit harsh don't you think.

Hypocrite...a person who puts on a false appearance...The only two people in this show that are such is Rashi and Urmila. As for Koki, she shows what she is. She says whats in her heart and mind. Yes she has a problem being wrong, but if she is wrong she has no problem excepting it.

Backwards...living in the old age...why only because she yelled at Rashi for wearing jeans? I think many have not understood that scene, Koki indeed tells her that they don't wear jeans in the Modi family, but her initial statement was to not hide and do things you want. ASK...I don't think that is backwards at all. One should always respect rules and traditions. And if you want to do something else well ask, talk it out, but don't sneak around.

No Values in her kids-she is a bad mother...you stand correct, her kids don't have values, but only because they don't have values doesn't mean that Koki didn't try to give them values, that she doesn't have values. Kinjal and Ahem are grown children with a mind of their own, you can only teach a child what you can until about the age of 12, after that, they are their own person. They should pay for their own actions, not a mother. Why is it that when kids go bad all fingers are pointed at the mother???? I won't say she is a great mother, but she def isn't a bad mother. She has made her son into a smart man, that knows his talent and work. Yes its different that he is arrogant, but again one can't control someone's personality. Koki after finding out about Kinjal, she agreed to marry her to guy she loved, he turned out to be a cheat. Koki married her to Dhaval because in India things like that don't fly very well, Kinjal's future was lost. So she took the opportunity and married her off. Its a different story Kinjal is miserable, but not because of Dhaval he is a great guy, but because she is also arrogant and spoiled.

In the profession I am in, I know the meaning of a "bad mother". A bad mother is when  they leave their child hungry only so that she can get her nails done, leaves the child crying in a corner only to get high on drugs with her multiple partners, who abuses her child because they bothered her in the middle of her "important work" and wasted her 2 minutes. That is a bad mother. I am sorry I got really upset reading crap like this. Koki isn't the ideal woman, but she def should be a inspiration because she stands strong, she will do anything to protect her family, she says it how it is. She is a self-mad woman and every women should take something away from her character. Koki's character is very complex but its def not "bad". 

Please don't take any offense. I apologize before hand.

Edited by taral83 - 12 years ago
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Koki has come a long way, especially since Kinjle wedding fiasco and now she genuinely cares for Gopi as we saw from yesterday and today. I loved her little speech to Gopi today, that is how a mother would explain something to her daughter.

She is not a bad mother, her kids just didn't learn what she taught them.

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: taral83

Thats a bit harsh don't you think.

Hypocrite...a person who puts on a false appearance...The only two people in this show that are such is Rashi and Urmila. As for Koki, she shows what she is. She says whats in her heart and mind. Yes she has a problem being wrong, but if she is wrong she has no problem excepting it.

Backwards...living in the old age...why only because she yelled at Rashi for wearing jeans? I think many have not understood that scene, Koki indeed tells her that they don't wear jeans in the Modi family, but her initial statement was to not hide and do things you want. ASK...I don't think that is backwards at all. One should always respect rules and traditions. And if you want to do something else well ask, talk it out, but don't sneak around.

No Values in her kids-she is a bad mother...you stand correct, her kids don't have values, but only because they don't have values doesn't mean that Koki didn't try to give them values, that she doesn't have values. Kinjal and Ahem are grown children with a mind of their own, you can only teach a child what you can until about the age of 12, after that, they are their own person. They should pay for their own actions, not a mother. Why is it that when kids go bad all fingers are pointed at the mother???? I won't say she is a great mother, but she def isn't a bad mother. She has made her son into a smart man, that knows his talent and work. Yes its different that he is arrogant, but again one can't control someone's personality. Koki after finding out about Kinjal, she agreed to marry her to guy she loved, he turned out to be a cheat. Koki married her to Dhaval because in India things like that don't fly very well, Kinjal's future was lost. So she took the opportunity and married her off. Its a different story Kinjal is miserable, but not because of Dhaval he is a great guy, but because she is also arrogant and spoiled.

In the profession I am in, I know the meaning of a "bad mother". A mother is when  they leave their child hungry only so that she can get her nails done, leaves the child crying in a corner only to get high with her multiple partners, who abuses her child because they bothered her in the middle of her and wasted her 2 minutes. That is a bad mother. I am sorry I got really upset reading crap like this. Koki isn't the ideal woman, but she def should be a inspiration because she stands strong, she will do anything to protect her family, she says it how it is. She is a self-mad woman and every women should take something away from her character. Koki's character is very complex but its def not "bad". 

Please don't take any offense. I apologize before hand.

Taral, thanks for the beautiful explanation. 👏

simibrar1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
kokila ji is a super mom how she loves gopi and care her no words for it..she loved and care her own children very much but if the children gets the wrong path then what parents do if children not bothered the teachings of the parents and chose by his own life to going a wrong way..
then what will do...kokila ji super duper mom how she loves her children and cared them we see in the episode..kokila ji is a
Edited by simibrar1990 - 12 years ago