My Tribute to DMG=AR

Posted: 12 years ago
DMG, or Dill Mill Gayye, these 3 words, r not ordinary, they r extra-ordinary, totally out of the world. They mean a lot in your life, if yu r reading this. Well, Dill Mill Gayye was gonna be just another next door serial, or, a sequel to the popular, 'sanjeevani'. Infact, as it started, Dr Armaan was compared to Dr Rahul, Dr Riddhima to Dr Juhi, Dr Anjali to Dr Simran, and Dr Atul to Dr Omi. But very soon, all the presumptions were proved wrong. The freshness of the story took over everyone's heart, n within no time, Armaan & Riddhima became the favourite couple of every second person.DMG was loved for everything, be it love, fights, friendship, chemistry, anger, jealousies, fears, or be it the professionalism of the doctors. AR, or KaSh, were the couple at heights. Karan Singh Grover, and Shilpa Anand were loved crazily and irrevocably by the viewers. These actors brought life to the characters of Armaan n Riddhima by their awesome and amazing work, which am sure no one can deny. Even people who didnt watch DMG till later confess that at one point of their life, they were addicted to DMG, whatever the reason may be. It was no less than Diwali celebration for viewers, wen at close to the new years, Riddhima confessed her lov, and they were declared a couple officially. No doubt the other actors had an equally important role, considering the fun people used to have watching their favourite 'Gang', but still, Armaan and Riddhima stole the limelight.The serial proceeded, with entry of new interns, a few exits, new cases, new situations, and the ever blossoming love between Armaan n Riddhima. But then situations changed, and differences came between the two of them. No doubt they never stopped loving each other, instead their love just grew day by day, but misunderstandings came between them, and their love story parted. The story still proceeded, of how Armaan n Riddhima never stopped loving each other, but problems did not let them come together.A big shock came to everyone, when it was declared that Shilpa Anand was quitting the show. Already the viewers were disturbed by their distances, and this sudden news was no less than an axe on their hopes to ever see 'their Armaan n Riddhima' back together. It was a great loss to the viewers, n so distressed were they, that DMG was no longer for them. Thus the serial lost a part of its faithful viewers. No doubt they tried hard, by all means, to bring Shilpa back, but their efforts went fruitless. This just proved the importance that DMG n Shilpa Anand had created in their lives.
But its said, 'The Story Continues', and so did DMG. The new Riddhima for us was 'Sukirti Khandpal'. It wasnt easy for her to take up the role, but all the more, she took up the challenge. Sukirti was highly abused from the start, for one or the other reason. The fact was no one wanted to accept the new girl, come what may. People were determined to have Shilpa back, but the production house was also adamant by their decision. Sukirti finally understood the situation, and took upto herself to set things right. Here started her real test.Shilpa had placed an image of Riddhima in our minds, the sweet, caring, stubborn, friendly, loving, professional, soft spoken, intelligent, talented, mature n immature at the same time, n so much more. And no doubt beautiful, n passionate too (courtesy the song 'ishq leta hai kaise imtihaan', n 'zara zara touch me'). But Sukirti was bent on working hard to get the viewers to accept her, n no doubt about it, she was successful. She did not replace Shilpa, instead, created her own place in the people's hearts. Sukirti, as Riddhima, did what the previous Riddhima would never do. She brought immense changes in the shy character of Riddhima. She climbed the balcony to meet Armaan at night, she went out of the way to the village to get him back, n in an amazing way, proved her true love for him. She modernised Riddhima with her occassional western wear, n her intense n seductive nature (courtesy the song 'raat ka nasha', n 'chhaliya'). She now took her relationship with Armaan to a new height, such that at times Armaan was seen trying to protect his izzat around her.As if this wasnt enough, she defied her father, went against her sister n father, and proved that though not physically, but emotionally n spiritually, she was always there with Armaan. We all know that Armaan's biggest strength, as well as his only weakness, was Riddhima. And Sukirti beautifully portrayed this (courtesy song 'tujh meinn rab dikhta hai'). After her entry, from friendship, she took her relation with Armaan to that of true n binding love, eternal love.As the viewers were relishing the dream of seeing the relationship get an official tag, their feelings were again axed upon cruelly, with the news that Sukirti was leaving the show. This was too much to be tolerated, n the same feelings took upon the viewers as before. Petitions were signed, mails were sent, sites were spammed, inboxes were flooded, but again, despair took over as 'Jennifer Winget' came in as the new Riddhima. Once again, the show lost many viewers, but this time, it was different.
Owing to Jennifer's popularity, n her experience in the industry, n her previous show 'kasauti zindagi ki' with Karan, she did not face many problems. People accepted her as Riddhima sooner, owing to the story as well. Armaan n Riddhima were soon to be married, n viewers couldnt wait anymore. The chemistry n friendship between Jennifer and Karan was way too much visible (courtesy song 'dekho na'). Thus, finally, the eternal couple were about to unite, n become one, much to everyone's delight.But destiny did not want this too, n once again, Armaan n Riddhima parted ways, n this time, it was due to their ill fate. It is not wrong to say that after the exit of Armaan and Riddhima, DMG went to chaos. No, it wouldnt be right to call it DMG, so it is better if it is referred to as DMG2.DMG had always managed to gather a huge fan following, be it due to its story, or the actors, or the main leads like Karan Singh Grover, Shilpa Anand, Sukirti Khandpal, and Jennifer Winget. The stories of the other characters and the contribution made by other actors should also never be forgotten, but its not hidden, that DMG was mainly always about Armaan n Riddhima. Karan, Shilpa, Sukirti, and Jennifer, they managed to keep the show going on at every point, but with none of them present, the show saw its doom.The production house tried its best, to recover from the fall, but nothing they did could help them. After a lot of struggle, Jennifer made it back to the show. She came back to support the show when it was facing the worst. No doubt some viewers were satisfied with Jennifer and Karan Wahi being together, but the show had still more to recover, n so finally, Karan Singh Grover made it back to the show. These 2 actors entered to support the show, when nothing else was working. But to the dismay of the production house, viewers were confused as to which Karan they wanted with Jennifer, n further confused the people from the show. Fights turned nastiest at this point, people cursed Armaan, Riddhima, and Siddhant equally, but no conclusion could be made. Now, the production house took another step, to sort it all out, they brought back Shilpa Anand, to be paired with KSG. But till now, things had gotten out of hand, n nothing could have saved the show. It was all over, n to end it peacefully, Armaan n Riddhima were finally united, and the show ended.
By the end, the show which had broken the trends n records at the start, became more of a heart breaker. But the final decision that the creatives took, of uniting Armaan and Riddhima, proved one thing. It was always about Armaan n Riddhima. I know many of yu might not have liked it when i said it earlier, but in our deeper hearts, we too know the truth.
DillMillGayye=ArmaanRiddhima
Be it Shilpa, or Sukirti, or Jennifer, DMG's life was the soul couple, Armaan n Riddhima, supported by their crazy gang, n other characters. Finally, i conclude by saying that everyone made a mark in their own roles, n that no other show can ever be like DMG. The other shows will be different, maybe better for some, but DMG, it had its unique charm, which no one can ever replace.
OMGOSH😳
U made me speechlesss😳
1st off all howww did u write without all the emozzπŸ˜•πŸ€£
N the post is very very well written...n i agreee wid each n every word of it😳
Nothing more 2 addd😳
Awesmee posttt πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by blessing-beauty - 12 years ago
thats was such a beautiful post ...well i agree with each and every word of yours and yes DILL MILL GAYYE was , is and will always be = ARMAAN RIDDHIMA
First of all why and how come you did not even use a single emo? πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Hayyee you wrote everything so perfectly! No one could write it any better than that and I completely agree with you DMG has always been about AR only, the characters and NOT about the actors/actresses but some people can never get their heads around it LOL :P
The KaSh phase was OK. I liked Shilpa as Ridhima and obviously loved KSG as Armaan πŸ˜³ KaSu had the best phase of AR's love story...they portrayed it brilliantly 😳 but the best is always left for the last LOL I had to say this πŸ˜† of course KaJen...they are perfection πŸ˜ only the first few months of KaJen were happy times that's it and the rest were all sad times though :( KaJen had the worst phase of AR in DMG but they still played their roles excellently and always stood loyal to DMG despite the terrible storyline DMG had! 
Beautiful topic!! Loved everything you said...it's so true!! 

Edited by -Jessy- - 12 years ago
woww..Karan...awesomeee topic...
really really too good πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
a well written topic..whatever you said i totally agree with you..
DMG became our part & parcel of our life
the way you pointed each & every side of DMG...is really amazing πŸ‘πŸ‘
I have no words...
superb Job karan πŸ˜ƒ

Awesome topic. I can not believe that how anyone can write about Dill Mill Gaye so beautifully and perfectly. This one topic said it all about DMG. DMG was always about Armaan and Riddhima whoever played the characters so long and at last it marked a place in our mind and will always remain in our heart.

A big round of applause for this post.πŸ‘

thank yuuu everyone for commenting πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
This is so true! DMG for me will alwayz be AR and no one else! The first two and a half mths of 2010 when the SR track was on were the worst phase of DMG personally 4 me. I couldn't believe that after giving us more than 2 yrs of the most magical love story of Armaan-Riddhima, the CV's wanted the AR fans to accept the Sid-Riddhima pair. I personally couldn't stand that pair & I had stopped watching DMG in those days. I started watching it after 11 March bcoz Karan Singh Grover was back in the show. I was really happy with the AR ending of the show. DMG will alwayz be = Armaan-Riddhima for me. These two names together sound so nice. Really hope that DMG comes back with AR, be it Kash / Kasu / Kajen, but definately with KSG and with a fresh new story.
Awesome topic yaar n u mngd to say everythn without showing anybody down πŸ˜†

I hv watched DMG completely, even wn d story ws horrible n i totally bliv dt DMG is, was n will be abt AR.

Sometimes m mad at creatives n sometimes i pity dm. Dy wntd to garner more audience n ended up losing many coz of a confused story line and so many fan groups. I wish dy wud hv stuck only to AR...bt dt cnt b chngd nw...i still cherish DMG for 4 things...Love, friendship,AR and Kajen
KS BRAVOOO I MUST SAY...WAT U WROTE JUST TOOK MY HEART AWAYπŸ‘

i would say no one could have put this in better form...the words ,everything was just perfect to T in this post...loved it...and whatever u say is actually what we all felt in last few years..m glad you brought this topic up...loved it

in the end i would say i agree with you
DMG=ARMAANRIDDHIMA...THIS SHOW BELONGED TO THEM AND OUR NOISY INTERN GANG I.E ANJALI,ATUL,RAHUL,MUSKAAN,NIKKI,ABHI