Mother's Day..Some thoughts..Read it - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Thanx raz bhiya for such a...heart touching post...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
to all lovely mothers in whole world..

MY MOTHER is every thing for me...
At home she is the one,who inspires all happiness and fun...
She nourishes me with love and care...and teaches me to smile and share...
It give her great joyto see us smile,so she works very hard all the while...
Her heart melts when she sees us cry,she does not rest till she wipes our eyes dry...
She can read our mind just like a book,she can make us happy with just one look...
But what is it we give her in return??? actions which make her soul burn and head turn...
we do not stop to thing of it,and ignore her every bit,I think we must unite...TO MAKE HER LIFE JOYFUL AND BRIGHT...I WISH MY MOM A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...AND PROUD TO HAVE MOTHER LIKE HER...
Its very touching post Raj ji...  I  Love my mother so much  and i miss her a lot... There is no need a special day for this  doesn't matter   whether they are being with us or not  we love our mothers always  so why need  a particular  day for that don't understand...As you mentioned EVERY  DAY IS MOTHERS DAY ...

HAPPY MOTHER' S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS

A Celebration In Honor of All Mothers

... is for the million things she gave me,
... means only that she's growing old,
... is for the tears she shed to save me,
... is for her heart of purest gold;
... is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
... means right, and right she'll always be.

Mother - a word that reminds us of all warmth

and love. She dedicates each day to us, so why

not celebrate at least one day for her as

Mother's Day. Though our mere presence fills

the mother with pleasure but wishing her a

happy Mother's Day will make her even more

happy Mother's Day can help us to make her

feel valuable.

A woman doesn't demand much being a mother

. Little things please her.convey what you feel

for her but can't express.

Mother's Day In India

The concept of celebrating Mothers Day on the second Sunday of May is very new in India and it can be said that in a time span of less than a decade, Mothers Day has been a great success. In the presence of umpteenth number of existing festivals, it is a remarkable achievement for a foreign festival to make its presence felt in the vast and culturally diverse country like India.

Globalisation, to a great extent has helped to make this Western, or mainly American festival to make its presence felt in India. Besides interaction of Indians with the West is at an all time high. A lot many people have been in US or have their relatives staying there. Internet and satellite revolution has made information about other cultures more accessible than ever. But the reason behind the success of Mothers Day in India can be attributed to the emotions which are attached to the festival. Mothers are mothers everywhere, they are as much loved and respected in India as in any other part of the world. Perhaps Indians have always felt the need of such a day which is devoted solely to mothers. Mothers Day gives them all the opportunity to celebrate such a day.

Time to Reflect and Rejoice

Just as in the West, Indians too take Mothers Day as a time too reflect on the importance of mothers in their life. They take it is time to think about all the pains their mother took while they were sick, the hardships she went through in bringing them up and all the sacrifices she made so that they lead a better life. Mothers Day is the time to say a big thank you to mother for all this and for being a constant guiding force in our lives.

Edited by Radev_AvinaFan - 12 years ago

THANX RAJ FOR A BEAUTIFUL POST. EVERYDAY SHOULD BE A MOTHER'S DAY.I MISS MY MOM A LOT,SINCE I LIVE IN INDIA & SHE'S IN SRI LANKA. I REMEMBER HER EVERY MOMENT,WHETHER I'M SAD OR HAPPY. WHEN I LOST MY DAD SHE GAVE ME COURAGE TO FACE THE TRUTH. A MOTHER'S LOVE IS PURE & UNCONDITITIONAL. WITHOUT MOTHERS WE ARE NOTHING.

WISHING EVERY MOM 

A    VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.
Wonderful Thoughts Set_Raj, A mother's day is a wonderful day. Happy Mother's day to everyone's mother!

Here's a song selection:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffbzI49OwQ[/YOUTUBE]

These two are  for mothers and mothers to be...😊

When God Made Moms

1...    By the time the Lord made mothers, he was into his sixth day of working overtime. An Angel appeared and said "Why are you spending so much time on this one"? And the Lord answered and said, "Have you seen the spec sheet on her? She has to be completely washable, but not plastic; have 200 movable parts, all replaceable; run on black coffee and leftovers; have a lap that can hold three children at one time and that disappears when she stands up; have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart, and have six pairs of hands."

The Angel was astounded at the requirements for this one. "Six pairs of hands! No Way!" said the Angel.

The Lord replied, "Oh, it's not the hands that are the problem. It's the three pairs of eyes that mothers must have!"

"And that's just on the standard model?" The Angel asked.

The Lord nodded in agreement, "Yes, one pair of eyes are to see through the closed door as she asks her children what they are doing even though she already knows. Another pair in the back of her head, are to see what she needs to know even though no one thinks she can. And the third pair are here in the front of her head. They are for looking at an errant child and saying that she understands and loves him or her without even saying a single word."

The Angel tried to stop the Lord. "This is too much work for one day. Wait until tomorrow to finish."

"But I can't!" the Lord protested, "I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart. She already heals herself when she is sick AND can feed a family of six on a pound of hamburger and can get a nine year old to stand in the shower."

The Angel moved closer and touched the woman, "But you have made her so soft, Lord."

"Yes, she is soft", the Lord agreed, "But I have also made her tough. You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish."

"Will she be able to think?", asked the inquisitive Angel.

The Lord smiled and replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason, and negotiate."

The Angel then noticed something and reached out and touched the woman's cheek. "Oops, it looks like you have a leak with this model. I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one."

"That's not a leak." The Lord objected. "That is a tear!"

"What's the tear for? the Angel asked.

The Lord said, "The tear is her way of expressing her joy, her sorrow, her disappointment, her pain, her loneliness, her grief, and her pride."

The Angel was impressed. "You are a genius, Lord. You thought of everything! Truly, You do all things well... Moms are truly amazing!"

2...A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his mother who lived two hundred miles away.

As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing.

He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother.

But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars."

The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose."

He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.

As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.

She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."

She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.

The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.

Ma..it is only two words but meaning is very deep...i dont have any words or dare to explain what is Ma means...in my culture we  believe children's heaven located under our mother's feet...  ...thats all..i can say...aur hai hi kia bolne ka...

I dont believe mother's day or father's day...sounds very commercialized...but only thing i can say for mothers or mom to be..just take a day off from ur kitchen,let it be messy..dont make beds...let it be clumsy...dont clean the house let it be sloppy...dont ask ur hubby or children what do u want for breakfast,dinner ,or lunch?...instead of grocery list make ur own list.. just make urself out of service... get out from the house,errands,get a  new haircut,get a spa day, or simple seat in the park make new friends, just enjoy the  nature or get back or refresh ur fav hobbies..which u use to do b4 u become mother, wife,..read a  book,knit,sew or listen ur fav tune..or just have a  long walk...but b sure to turn off ur cell phone...just enjoy the whole day...just be a free bird for one day...why not..

trust me u will feel  awesome ...and would say..yes!! life is beautiful...

this are my  tiny  wishes for all the mothers or mom to be in this forum..

Raj's post is very emotional and touchy...when i was reading it...i was thinking why couldno't   i able to  go back to my childhood? ... when my Ma use to take me outside in the  full moon night ...pointed to the moon..and ask me" who is beautiful?.. my little moon who is on my lap  or that moon who is faraway."?..i  use to hugged her tightly and say it "ME!! Ma.. only me" those were the days...😭

Raj thanks for ur  cute post...

Here another kind of mothers...or i must say grannys...i hope u  guys will enjoy..and laugh...its a mother's day  joke...

Three old ladies were sitting around a table. The first says, "I'm getting so forgetful I was standing at the top of the stairs and I couldn't remember whether I was going down or had just come up."

The second lady says, "You think that's bad? The other day I was sitting on my bed and I couldn't remember whether I was going to sleep or getting up."

The third lady smiles smugly. "Well, I have no memory problems at all, knock wood."

She raps the table. "Who's there?

God bless you all...😊

Edited by Kinara2 - 12 years ago
                      ❤️ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY❤️
                     ❤️  TO ALL CBIAN MOMS❤️
                                               ❤️
Wishing all the Mothers a Happy Mothers day and many more to come...Have a joyful day...
To all and the the cbians moms..
M - O - T - H - E - R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
"MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.

Perfect song for our Dear Mothers...