Posted: 06 May 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Thanks Natty for asking!
This is like an alltime favourite activity!
ShaNak's romantic scenes, will always remain special, 'cos they're so layered...
And KT-Yashu's emoting just takes them to another level alltogether!
My bhestest amongst the best...here goes...
1. ShaNak's first meeting in Dhulwadi...the Mithai Kumar one! Back then itself, these two had struck a bond...the sparks flew fast and furious, and were there for all to see!
2. The KKH sequence...the heart-to-heart...the baring of their souls...and finally, the actual song sequence! Scintillating stuff on display, there!
3. The Jadi Booti encounter...the playfulness in the first half...and then Whoosh!...a man completely smitten by his wife! The portrayal...so understated...yet, so deep! And finally, placing the odhani on Khanak's head! The symbolism of it all...Splendid!
4. The Good Neend moment...the simplicity of their romance brought out so beautifully! Such earnest lines..."Tum kitni achhi ho Khanak!"..."Bas, aur mujhe kuch nahin chahiye!" WOW!!! And, finally...'Good Neend' becoming such an integral part of our dictionaries! lol
5. The post proposal debacle confrontation scene...this is an universal favourite! Both drawn magnetically towards one another...both pining hopelessly for each other...the intensity...the helplessness...CLASSIC histrionic display there by KT and Yashu!
6. The Pune Hotel room sequence...when Shaan goes "Hum dosti se kahin aage nikal chuke hain, Khanak!!!" What a matter-of-fact thing to say in a matter-of-fact manner! Khanak's sheer desperation...Shaan's searching eyes...just that one indication of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel! The poignancy of the moment...Romance Unplugged!
7. The Shaan-Khanak rendezvous after the Pune trip...in their bedroom...IMO, a very underrated scene, but one of my ABSOLUTE favourites! An extremely nuanced scene...Khanak adjusting her hair when Shaan looks on at her...Shaan simply uttering "Mujhe bhi!" in response to the same...to the whole teasing, back and forth between Shaan and Khanak! Not a single dialogue uttered...just their expressions doing the talking!! Simply Breathtaking!!!
8. The Hospital Reunion Scene...my numero uno ShaNak 'romantic' scene! Several reasons for the same...the scene, in a sense, symbolic of the whole ShaNak journey coming full circle...for a couple whose entire equation was based on their verbal sparring, they did not need words at all to express themselves!! WOW raised to the power of infinity!! And, the absolutely superlative emoting by KT-Yashu made the scene a classic "Hall of Fame"! ShaNak looked like a couple hopelessly, totally, completely in LOVE!!
9. The Jodha Akbar scene...KT-Yashu both looking absolutely resplendent! The palyfulness of the moment followed by the complete unadulterated joy on their faces when they 'discover' one another!! Yet another beautiful facet of the ShaNak romance on display! No wonder, they could make a classic JA moment their own...an equally classic ShaNak moment!
10. The ShaNak journey revisited in the 300th episode...loved the maturity on display...almost as if a logical progression after SR2 (another huge favourite along with the beautiful beach side soulful conversation of ShaNak). Most of all, loved the dignity and maturity with which Suraj and Natasha were 'put to rest'...an integral part of the ShaNak Journey!!
Gosh!! Cant believe I typed so much...
Am completely nostalgic right now...
Will take me a while to recover!
Edited by dr.dsr - 06 May 2011 at 9:41am