India-Forums

Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Actress Katrina Kaif launches Her Barbie Doll

bolegaindia Newbie
bolegaindia
bolegaindia

Posted: 06 May 2011 at 6:41am | IP Logged
All the little angels out there will now get a chance to play with the reigning queen of B-town, Katrina Kaif and that too, for as long as they want. Reportedly, Katrina recently unveiled a new Barbie doll that is her look-alike, and is a part of the 'Barbie I Can Be A Movie Star' campaign, launched by the world's top doll seller company.

Katrina dressed as Barbie
Dressed up like a Barbie herself, an elated Katrina gushed, "I am thrilled and excited at having the 'I Can Be a Movie Star' Barbie Doll inspired by me. It is almost unbelievable, that a doll that I grew up playing with is one day going to take after me, seem like me."

"It's a very special day. This is a huge honor to have something like this on your name. I hope everyone likes the doll. The whole thing is very exciting. It's a small doll and there was no intention of changing its features, so it does not resemble me completely," added the gorgeous actress.

With this, Kat has joined the league of Hollywood beauties Barbara Streisand, Marilyn Monroe and Beyonce, who all have their Barbie replicas. Tabloids reported that this was not Katrina's first stint as a Barbie, as she had modeled in a Barbie doll outfit at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2009, when she launched designer Nishka Lulla's collection.

Katrina on Vogue cover page
While on one hand Katrina launched a doll that looks just like her, on the other hand she has made heads turn by appearing on the cover page of Vogue in a sexy avatar.

Talking about Katrina's look, Anaita Shroff Adajania, Fashion Director at Vogue India said, "Katrina best exemplifies the makeover theme. The idea for the shoot was to bring out the rawness to her sensuality."

"It's a side of her that has been unseen. At the shoot, she willingly experimented and transformed into a sultry siren. We love this side of her and we love her reinvention!," added Anaita.

source : bolegaindia.com/gossips.html

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top