Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

LUV KA THE END All Reviews Here (Page 4)

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by a little faith

My message to Y-Films.  This isn't America, this is India/Asia and though I would whole heartedly agree that new times means a different approach, its essence, its message should be gleaned from our OWN legacy.

Agreed. I haven't seen the film so my comments are in general.

We have to accept that a lot of our "youth" are Americanized and they speak that language. So it's ok to Americanize the movies a little bit...however it would be good if these filmmakers do a little more research and actually find out the real situation in India (in high schools & colleges) and then Indianize these American teen stories and the characters.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faith.khoobsurat.

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
To be honest..I don't even think the youth in America is this superficial.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tulsi003a little faithNymeria.khoobsurat.AreYaar

a little faith Goldie
a little faith
a little faith

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Originally posted by a little faith

My message to Y-Films.  This isn't America, this is India/Asia and though I would whole heartedly agree that new times means a different approach, its essence, its message should be gleaned from our OWN legacy.

Agreed. I haven't seen the film so my comments are in general.

We have to accept that a lot of our "youth" are Americanized and they speak that language. So it's ok to Americanize the movies a little bit...however it would be good if these filmmakers do a little more research and actually find out the real situation in India (in high schools & colleges) and then Indianize these American teen stories and the characters.

Originally posted by chocolover89

I just wanted to clarify that I am not anti American art or history. When I stated 'from our OWN legacy' I meant from Asia's art and historical history. I do believe that the human experience is universal. I bleed as easily as those living in America.

It is about resisting the the 'homogenization' of the world. As the colours slowly fade from our world being replaced by a plastic colour that has not got a name NOR should it be named, only felt within our souls and rejected for its insipid yet repugnant taste! 

I wish to safeguard the diversity of art, for though the human experience is universal in the general sense it is truly personal in the specific sense. 

Thank you for allowing me to better explain my view.
Love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 08 May 2011 at 3:12pm
YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithTintinleMechantMrsNealCaffreyNymeriaAreYaar

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithmysticgoryfilmsAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .sb.

Probably this is the first ever movie review I have read which got a rating of ZERO!!!ROFLWell it was expected!!LOLmy FB obsessed friends literally LOWED the movie..and more than the movie LOWED the taaza mutton mutton song!Geek

God bless Yashraj Films!Ouch...If they are following their Yo YO wala Y films path and making these kinda films..will we ever get something again like a Chak De or a Band Baaja Baraat?I dont think so!Ouch

Here is the review by india today:-

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Director: Bumpy
Starring: Shraddha Kapoor, Taasha Shah
Rating: Zero

Luv ka The End.

Imagine a movie where the main male lead looks like a gelled hair gigolo who speaks in an American accent and keeps saying babe. Where the main female lead strikes black power salutes and says girl power every five minutes. Where the parents are out of the Handbook of Advertising 101-a lalaji type, a professional couple type and a plucky single mom type. And yes, the heroine has a fat girl friend and a thin girl friend. And the hero has a muscular dude type friend and a fat friend.

Yash Raj Films, not satisfied with having milked the marriage market dry, have now turned to the so-called youth demographic. Which means they have watched every film made in Hollywood aimed at that demographic. So imagine Cruel Intentions crossed with High School Musical and throw in a bit of Hannah Montana for the younger sisters, and voila you have a made for dummies movie.

So here we have Rhea (what a perfectly demographically synchronous name) who is the pretty, straight A student. And we have Luv (yes Luv) Nanda, the rich guy with the cool car who is part of the Billionaire Boys Club. Oh yes, before I forget, there's also a teacher who wears backless blouses to class (she is Shehnaz Treasurywala, the writer of this odious material). It's such a travesty that even the one decent contribution to the general vocabulary-s**tty Savitris--gets lost in the welter of brand positioning (oh look, Aldo shoes, Mango top, Diesel jeans, Lakme make-up, and yes, yes, Nine West sandals). It's like being a giant mall or the waterbed of the climax scene. Every where you turn there's a blinding neon sign saying-Dumb Young Ones This Way.

There's a lot technology involved. We're very hip you see. So everyone gets Facebook status updates, speaks to each other through video calls, and puts live footage on the worldwide web.

I'm not giving away much when I tell you that the film is about the girl avenging her two timing boyfriend, and depriving him of his four Cs-which we are told is Car, Cash, Charm and Chamchas. And the whole day and night is spent in trashing a Jaguar, slipping in drugs, strategically sprinkling the boy's Calvin Klein boxers (please note brand positioning) with itching powder, and getting him to dance in a gay bar to the Mutton Song. Because we all know that being gay is the worst thing you can do in a Bollywood movie, unless of course it's a comedy.

We're supposed to laugh at dudes who can make their chests move and girls who can strike deals over clothes.

Between a boy whose pout is better than the girl's and a girl who tries hard to be Dirty Harry, this is a movie that is to be avoided. At. All. Costs.

Luv ka The End? No beginning, bro.

And by the way, the director is called Bumpy. Bumpy? I rest my case.

OMG BEST REVIEW EVERRRROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

And I SO agree about the Bumpy bit...seriously I thought the same...when the director only is named BUMPY what exactly is one to expect from this movie???ROFLROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

Nope we're definitely not what they show us to be.  Yeah you'd find certain cliques in high schools that you might relate to those "plastics" or "jocks" or "nerds" and stuff. But Disney/  hollywood movies stereotype those characters in their movies and exaggerate them to make the movie entertaining. It's "fiction" after all...and stereotyping and exaggeration always run hand in hand with fiction no matter how hard one might try to depict the "real deal".
But what Bollywood does is just  weird. They portray Americanized version in the so called "youth" movies or shows. WHY?! don't Indian youth have their own accent? their own culture? their own ways of living the  "youth" life? Stern Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithTheDilettanteYusBeemysticgoryfilmsbamboocopterAreYaar

YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a little faithMommytobe

Go to top