Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Another one - 

Luv Ka The End Review: anti-rom-com flick

Story

Y-Films first film, Luv Ka The End is full of fun in those two hours, when you are seated in front of the screen. But, to make it clear, this film is totally for a different audience. It targets the Gen X, who lack focus. So when you go to watch the film, leave behind all your responsible nature and enjoy the chick flick.

The story is about a girl next door, Rhea (Shraddha Kapoor), who is in love with Luv Nanda (Taaha Shah). Luv is the richest and the most popular boy in college. In the eve of Rhea's 18th Birthday, the couple plan to take their relationship to the next level. But to her surprise she discovers that Luv is not as nice as she thought him to be.

At that spur of the moment, Rhea decides to not get mad on Luv, but get even and take revenge on him. This happens all in the span of one night with the help of her friends.

Plus Points

Luv Ka The End is a chick flick, full of attitude and an anti-rom-com film. It is all about, when someone messes with you โ€“ don't be sad, don't get mad, get even. First-time director Bumpy packs everything that one expects in a teen film- A stud, pretty girl, hot babe, street smart friends, nerd, horny portly guy, gym rat. All these crack and weird elements in the film, including the lingo, the music, used gives the film a real life touch.

You can relate to the characters to the real life people, around you. Thus, you relate to Luv Ka The End. The incidents in the film unravels with a lightening speed, thus keeping you tagged to the film. Bumpy makes sure that you have a laugh riot while the watch. In short the film is not for those who have lost their sense of humour, but to people who are bindaas.

The film has a few zazzy musical score (Ram Sampath), which also targets the teen crowd. The song 'Mutton' has already been a hit among the sixteens. The song 'Tonight' sung by Suman Sridhar stays with you even after you leave the theatre. The title track is foot-tapping, Ali Zafar's song is very appealing.

Loopholes

The screenplay writing (Roye Seagal, Shenaz Treasurywala) could have been better. For instance, the grandmother and young sister's plotline just failed to hold the interest. A few situations in the film don't even evoke fun. The screenplay betrays the film big time. It actually picks up in the second hour and continues to the finish line.

The humour in the Luv Ka The End sometimes got lewd and bawdy.

Performances

The actors are perfect and capable of good acting. They added up a lot of freashness to the silver screen. Shraddha is confident with her performance and does an outstanding in the sequence when she discovers the truth about her boyfriend. Taaha is a star, good looking, and carried off that college stud attitude perfectly.

Ali Zafar is seen in a cameo and his presence and his song towards the end definitely enhances the glam quotient in the film. Sonia is equally good. Timmy, Golu, Karthikeyan and Natasha are perfect in portraying their characters. Shenaz Treasurywala remains in the background, with very less scenes to her credit. Archana Puransingh was as usual.

Over All 

Well, after long a light hearted teen flick hit the silver screen. So here then Gen X go ahead and have a ball watching Luv Ka The End.

Cast & Crew

Starring: Shraddha Kapoor, Taaha Shah, Shenaz Treasurywala
Director: Bumpy
Producer: Ashish Patil
Screenplay: Shenaz Treasurywala, Roye Seagal
Story : Ashish Patil
Music: Ram Sampath
Cinematographer: Adil Afsar
Editing: Saurabh Kulkarni
Distribution: Y-Films

Link - 

http://www.iinfoz.com/luv-ka-the-end-review-anti-rom-com-flick?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
---ayesha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Exactly...why is there "progress" in everything but actual INTELLIGENT or ORIGINAL script-writing/story-writing? YRF is just ending up looking more and more SUPERFICIAL day by day...window dressing can never help a GARBAGE product long term. Shocking as it may sound, the audience DOES look beyond clothes and make-up of the actors on-screen...maybe YRF should too for a change.

I agree 100000 % with the bold part.The last bollywood movie that I really liked was Uddan.But I barely remember what kind of clothes the actors wore.The only things I remember are  the mindblowing performance by the actors and the heart touching story that was fresh and original.I wish more movies like this were made rather than these stupid teen flicks. Edited by ayesha09 - 12 years ago
ALI_Elly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Screenplay: Shenaz Treasurywala???
ishk vishk girl na????

i'm a huge fan of Bumpy aka Nature Baba & Shenaz Treasurywala!

definitely gonna watch the movie...   on its TV Premier.  

Edited by mogliF21 - 12 years ago
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ali0345

Screenplay: Shenaz Treasurywala???

ishk vishk girl na????

yep, that's the one...!
i m surprised masand gave it 2 i thought he would give lik 0.5

Masand: 'Luv Ka The End' is sleazy, homophobic

Rajeev Masand , CNN-IBN
Updated May 06, 2011 at 11:50pm IST

Cast: Shraddha Kapoor, Taaha Shah, Shenaz Treasuryvala Director: Bumpy There's a reason why so many kids enjoy watching those American teen comedies. It has a certain aspiration value, or a 'fantasy value' if you like. Who wouldn't want their lives to be straight out of an American Pie movie?

'Luv Ka The End', produced under the new youth movies banner of Yash Raj Films, is modeled closely after those popular American teen flicks, but it doesn't have the inherent coolness that makes it as much fun. Aside from a few cosmetic changes, 'Luv Ka The End' is a fairly faithful rip-off of 'John Tucker Must Die'. In that film, three young girls hatch an elaborate plan to get even with the high-school jock who's been secretly dating all three of them. In this desi version, Shraddha Kapoor plays the upset teenager who gathers her two best friends with whom she plots to bring down her boyfriend when she discovers that he's planned to deflower her so he can raise his profile on an online website for spoilt little rich kids.

Poll

What's your reaction to 'Luv Ka The End'?
Dislike

Sleazy, homophobic and intrinsically amateurish in its humor, this film fails because it's trying too hard to be cool, while hitting all the wrong notes along the way. The characters - as they tend to be in films like these - are all genre stereotypes. You have the stud, the princess, the nerd, the himbo, the girl-next-door, the fat best friend, even the embarrassing parent. Problem is the makers of this film don't even develop these characters on the most basic level; most of them are just introduced and then forgotten for the rest of the film. Like its very protagonists, this is a vapid, vacuous film that seems intended for similarly shallow youngsters who're still amused by such tired comic devices as itching powder and laxatives. Directed by debutant Bumpy, whose name serves the added purpose of describing his storytelling style, 'Luv Ka The End' has only a handful of nice moments, and just one single character worth remembering - the heroine's feisty, overweight best friend who feels like the only real thing in this ridiculously over-cooked film. I'm going with two out of five for 'Luv Ka The End'. Give me one of those American teen comedies any day!

Rating: 2 / 5

i agree with masand...the overweight actress pushtie is better than the lead actress๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Nitu_KayaTheCop - 12 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
so the review is saying the movie is like john tucker must die but I sense that from the promos and I liked the movie john tucker...lol  can't wait to watch this movie
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ummm can bollywood ever come up with anything original?!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Btw has Bollywood/Indian entertainment industry got something against proper English and grammar? Geee! How bad are their spellings and grammar?! May be someone needs to fed-ex them a copy of Rosetta stone's English tutorial dvd.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
notabasicbitch thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I just wanted to say that the guy, Taaha Shah, is pretty hot!

Edited by notabasicbitch - 12 years ago
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

yes, male actor is looking great..

i will watch this on a DVD, may be