DOTW: Unrequited Love

Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

πŸ€—Hello People!! πŸ€—

I am back again, with yet another DOTW 😲 ... this time based on Love 😳 .. or rather 'Unrequited Love' 

We have heard several stories and songs about love gone bad .. about people who are not loved back by those they love dearly

why is that so?

Could it be that the person is not actually in love but it could just be an infatuation?

They say "Love conquers all" if that is true then how come we have sooo many cases of unrequited love? Why don't all lovers get to be with their beloved? Is it ONLY the circumstances / fate / destiny that is to blame?

Lets take KAM for example ..

(OK please don't jump on me for saying this '😲 πŸ˜†)

Hammad loves Imaan truly and deeply ' but Imaan doesn't reciprocate .. sure she feels bad for the condition he is in.. but that's just sympathy .. which any good natured human being would feel for another fellow being's suffering ..

Is it fair to force someone to love you back, by constantly pursuing them?  Imaan did say in her letter to Hammad, that Mohabbat mein zid nahi hoti' but then again, everything's fair in love and war !! or is it?

On the other hand, Love knows no bounds .. it cannot be controlled' you don't think when in love .. it's not conditional ' Hammad is doing just that ' one cannot really control such a strong overwhelming feeling ' so he is right in his own way ' his intentions are pure .. but yet he fails 

So my question is --- Is unrequited love real? Could it be true love? Does true love exist or is it just a  myth?

okay guys, break a leg πŸ˜³ ...or break the silence .. whichever   πŸ˜† 

Edited by seert - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Firstly thank you once again Alizeh for doing a DOTW. I hope others take up the initiative as well.
Secondly, great job once again with the idea and the presentation!
Now moving on to the topic:
Hmm ok unrequited love doesn't necessarily mean it's not genuine or not as worthy as requited love. Also one tends to go after things they want hence pursuing one's love is not any different. Nevertheless one does have to know that this is a person you're dealing with and not some sort of object. If it's obvious that the person doesn't reciprocate your feelings then let them be. Leave them alone and move on...this isn't Edison trying to invent the light bulb.

Having said all that, I don't buy into the media's definition of love, which has made the concept very glamorized and quite superficial. All that nonsense of 'all is fair in love and war' and 'love at first-sight', etc seems pretty fluffy and unrealistic to me.
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Ive been realllyyy busy lately!
Really really sorry for not coming back at the previous DOTW...
i HAVE to comment at this, if im not here in 2 days, cud u Please SCRAP me, allizayy??
i dont read PMs 😳
Thanks!
EDITTED!

Ok, pehle toh, im glad to be back! πŸ˜ƒ

now...

I believe in Love, but NOT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!

I Think its Shit! πŸ€” [Sincerely no offence to people who believe in it... But here i am to explain, on how fake it is, and i'll convince u my way! πŸ˜†]

Love at frst sight CANNOT exist, one of the major reasons why im not a HUGE KAM fan! 😳

Its just LURE, ATTRACTION, LUST if u think its love at frst sight, obviously HOW can u manage 2 stay wid a person, unless u know how he/she is!

and you CANT CANT force ur love to love you as payback, BUT, i think a human can fall in LOVE wid any other human, required you really want to manage to love!

True LOVE exists! BUT, doesnt mean u have to have a boyfriend before marriage, true love is there, and religiously we knoe its true and not a myth! Prophet [S] LOVED his wives, particularly Khadija, And GOD has ORDERED us to LOVE our spouse and a wedding does not prosper without Love!

BUT! if u get attracted to a person, DOESNT mean ur so called LOVE will be reciprocated! isnt necessary, but as they say, JODIS ARE MADE IN HEAVEN, so God has probably chosen someone for each of us, but we cant say this with full confidence!

On the other hand, Love has no bounds and cant be controlled, is just Bullshit for me too!

Because, well, it doesnt happen, unless u are mentally instable!

You can CRY over it, be sad, stop loving but u cant go 2 uncontrollable heights, like agar tum meri nhi hui toh kisiki nhi hosakti types! πŸ˜†, cz THIS means ur mentally INSTABLE!

All in all, Unrequited Love COULD BE TRUE, [cant say definitely, cz i havent fallen in Love! πŸ˜† and hopefully wont fall, before i get married :P πŸ˜†], could b true, but reciprocation to it ALWAYS isnt necessary, i sometimes feel if u dont get the Love back, means ur Love isnt true either, so go ahead, find a new partner! 🀣

True Love isnt a myth FOR SURE! 😳

There you go!

Im sure i confuzed EVERYONE reading this,... cz well, i myself know how confuzing i can be at times!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -_AfridiMalik_- - 12 years ago
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Originally posted by: -_AfridiMalik_-

i HAVE to comment at this, if im not here in 2 days, cud u Please SCRAP me, allizayy??
i dont read PMs 😳
Thanks!

ok now this is a first πŸ˜† yup sure thing .. will scrap you πŸ˜³

and hey no need to apologize and all .. that's okay 😳 even i haven't commented in my own topic .. mostly cuz i have no clue what to say πŸ˜² πŸ€£ like seriously πŸ˜• πŸ˜† 

Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
"everything is fair and love and war" <--- this is just a  western saying.

I personally feel it doesn't fit well with our culturre, religion, and traditional values. there is no need to leave behind/forget ur family, home, EVERYTHING for someone u claim to be in love with. And that is because, I am a firm believer in the fact that God has Himself chosen, from amongst us, our partners... and we WILL get to be with those partners, when the time is right. and when that will happen, nothing wud be able to keep us apart. So, in the end, it wud be the person God has written for u that will be ur true love. it wudnt matter how much u felt for any other person before that. =)

Thus, realy, wht hammad did was completely wrong. u can love without bounds, yeah sure. But i feel u shud make sure u have the right to do that, that is, u have a relationship in which it is ok for u to expresss so much love, as to forget everything else. Because, in this case, IF imaan wasn't "meant" for hammad (if God has chosen her for someone else..) then, hammad wud be displaying so much craze abt another guy's future wife.. 8-)

all i mean is, there's no point of everything beign fair in love and war.. because at the end of the day, no matter how much u pursure that person, he/she will ONLY become urs if they r destined to be.. and thus, one shud always kkeep that in mind, when deciding to "leave" ur family, home, etc., for just some girl/guy. before fighting with ur parents. =)

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome topic ...will b back with my views
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -_AfridiMalik_-

i dont read PMs 😳
Thanks!
EDITTED!

Ok, pehle toh, im glad to be back! πŸ˜ƒ

now...

I believe in Love, but NOT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!

I Think its Shit! πŸ€” [Sincerely no offence to people who believe in it... But here i am to explain, on how fake it is, and i'll convince u my way! πŸ˜†]

Love at frst sight CANNOT exist, one of the major reasons why im not a HUGE KAM fan! 😳

Its just LURE, ATTRACTION, LUST if u think its love at frst sight, obviously HOW can u manage 2 stay wid a person, unless u know how he/she is!

and you CANT CANT force ur love to love you as payback, BUT, i think a human can fall in LOVE wid any other human, required you really want to manage to love!

True LOVE exists! BUT, doesnt mean u have to have a boyfriend before marriage, true love is there, and religiously we knoe its true and not a myth! Prophet [S] LOVED his wives, particularly Khadija, And GOD has ORDERED us to LOVE our spouse and a wedding does not prosper without Love!

BUT! if u get attracted to a person, DOESNT mean ur so called LOVE will be reciprocated! isnt necessary, but as they say, JODIS ARE MADE IN HEAVEN, so God has probably chosen someone for each of us, but we cant say this with full confidence!

On the other hand, Love has no bounds and cant be controlled, is just Bullshit for me too!

Because, well, it doesnt happen, unless u are mentally instable!

You can CRY over it, be sad, stop loving but u cant go 2 uncontrollable heights, like agar tum meri nhi hui toh kisiki nhi hosakti types! πŸ˜†, cz THIS means ur mentally INSTABLE!

All in all, Unrequited Love COULD BE TRUE, [cant say definitely, cz i havent fallen in Love! πŸ˜† and hopefully wont fall, before i get married :P πŸ˜†], could b true, but reciprocation to it ALWAYS isnt necessary, i sometimes feel if u dont get the Love back, means ur Love isnt true either, so go ahead, find a new partner! 🀣

True Love isnt a myth FOR SURE! 😳

There you go!

Im sure i confuzed EVERYONE reading this,... cz well, i myself know how confuzing i can be at times!!! πŸ˜ƒ

EDITTED PG1 ATLAST!!! 🀣
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
@seert - thank YOU  πŸ˜³

@Blizard and @rdfan - looking forward πŸ˜³

@Sid - word !! i agree .. btw where are you?? you don't even come to discuss PJP anymore? i was kinda missing you ..good to see you back πŸ˜³

@-_AfridiMalik_-  nicely done πŸ˜³ i mostly agree with all of what you said 

@topic - i don't believe in love at first sight either .. it just seems too over rated and don't think its real πŸ˜• 

i mean attraction at first sight .. sure .. but LOVE?? nah uh .. noway hozzay  

look at what happened to poor Bella .. she fell in love with a pretty boy .. who turned out to be a monster inside 😲 πŸ€£  ok bad example maybe πŸ˜† but maybe you get the drift LOL

about unrequited love ... again no clue πŸ˜• πŸ˜† maybe its real maybe its not ... its kinda difficult to figure out ... but the whole chasing the girl till she chokes out the "words" is kinda annoying ... i mean its creepy, weird and psychotic 

but my best bet would be to say its not the real deal ..cuz if you really "love" someone .. maybe you'll let them be ... rather than chase them around till they reciprocate ... i'd feel "love" for a puppy if it follows me home ... so what?? its just good human nature .. or sympathy 

ok now i am just rambling without making any sense ... i guess πŸ˜• so i'll zip it up now πŸ˜†

Edited by Alizzay.. - 12 years ago
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Interesting topic yet again!

Though i think im pretty late but still would like to add my two cents here.

Will start with your last question; does true love exist?...I dont know. Perhaps it does or maybe it doesnt. Yes there is love but true love especially when it comes to loving some one else...well there i like to believe its just over rated and not really there.
Yes you may like someone, have feeling for them but then again how can you tell whether its true or not. I mean you cant measure love, can you? I guess i maybe contradicting myself but one cant really tell if their love is true or not.
Now coming to unrequited love, again i believe one cant say that a persons love is not true only because the object of their affection rejected them. One can truly love someone even if the other person holds no feeling for them. And if a person really loves some one then they should respect their decision and let them be. Like you mentioned about everything being fair in love and war. Well, its not always the case. For me respect comes before love. So if some one loves the other person they should respect them and not force them. Love happens. It cant be forced.
Yeah i know my answer is pretty vague...but what im trying to say is that for me there is no such thing as true love. Yes you may love some one and your feeling are true but one cant really measure it and tell yes theirs is true and the other persons love is not. Its just a feeling.

I hope made some sense there. Lol.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Unrequited love is definitely real - there is no more proof of reality than unrequited love. To love someone with all your heart and not have them love you back the same way is life. And the only way that it can be "true" love is to understand that loving someone does not come with conditions. Just because you love someone does not mean that you have the right to expect them to love you the same way. That is not love because love is selfless - it only knows how to give without asking for anything in return. However, it is human nature to be selfish at times. And that is also reality. It is hard for us to love someone selflessly without asking or wanting anything in return.

But I think true love does exist, it all really depends on how you define "true love". In my opinion, true love is a love full of imperfections - and those imperfections make that love real. When love is a little selfish despite wanting to be as selfless to me as possible, I see the reality. When you love someone with all your heart, but you cannot help but feel jealous or angry that they do not love you or want you the same way - that is so much more real to me than the love that exists in fantasy. That inner struggle to love someone selflessly that goes against human nature in some ways is "true love" in my books. Not many people out there are willing to cope with that inner struggle, but those who simply try to overcome that struggle are truly lovers in my mind.