Posted: 12 years ago

The Importance of Dupatta in Todays Show

Thursday, 05 May 2011 22:29 Muniza Article+com - comment
User Rating: / 5 
PoorBest 

The importance of Dupatta in todays show..

" Hawa mein udta jaye , mera laal dupatta malmal ka, ho jee...ho jee
Idhar udhar leheraye , mera laal dupatta malmal ka, ho jee... ho jee"

"Dupatta mere nau rang da
Hayye ne mere dil mangda

Dupatta touches the girls face and slips down with hair hair locks falling slightly over her eyes, bringing the shyness and embarrassment to her face...Girl flips her chunari over her shoulder and it goes and falls over the boys head bringing an instant touch , an immediate response from the guy with heart beating and chemistry sparking between them ..
Dupatta always manages to create that one moment of eye lock, that one moment of awareness and that one moment of flutterness in the pit of the stomach.Today's lead in the shows always have something important element to get them closer.Dupatta is such an important essence  of that element. It's been used in movies to television shows and still creating the waves it's supposed too. Whenever there is a moment of hesitation between our leads , directors bring in props like dupattas, the Khanak of payals or the chan of chudiya's. Theses create the perfect timing of romance between our main characters. Be it " Anurag and Prerna " from Kasauti zindigi ki of starplus where dupatta always covered there faces together giving them the privacy and the moment of closeness, or StarOne's " Dill Mill Gayye " where Armaan and Riddhima always came close with dupatta and thats where their love blossoms. Even  today we have our latest show "Navya " where Navya 's dupatta flys and falls over Anant, and hence u can see the spark flying there too. So basically it's just not the characters but the essential elements used around them which weaves a magic spell and makes the audience fall more in love with them. Dupattas gives the extra zinc and touch to the couples on screen and makes them look larger than life. When asked from our own industry's renowned directors , this is what they had to say...

What significance does Dupatta hold to bring the lead pair together  in today's show ? And  if not dupatta, what other means would you use for them to get connected?

Swapna Wagmare Joshi ( Director of  Rang badalti Odhani )says..

"Dupatta signifies the various stages of life of a girl. She adorns her dupatta around her neck when she is single, the same dupatta goes over her head when she is married as a sign of lajja.In my show Khanak's  colour of dupatta also signifies her phases of life from a girl to a married woman to a widow and then again falling in  love to be married again. If not dupatta , breeze certainly would work, 100% ,"says  Swapna laughingly.

Lalit Mohan ( Director of Geet )says...

"Yes, dupatta is important but is not the essence of the show. It is used as it brings about the Indian culture to the screen in a very beautiful manner. It depicts the sensitivity and vulnerability of a girl,but Performance by the lead is the greatest thing today which works for them."

Ravi Bhushan ( Director of Navya )says...

"Dupatta certainly brings life to the screen. It adds a romantic quotient, but it's not the only factor which works. The performance is very important to get that click. For me no props, but intensity in their performances does the trick".

Sangeeta ( Director of Kitni Mohabbat hai ) says..

"For me it is not very significant, as it adds the glamour quotient but it's not the heart of the show. We have been using dupattas as a medium since Kasuti zindigi ki days . But today it's got to do with more touch, dilogues, and expressions that they get to screen".

Gautama hegde ( Writer of Geet )says..

"Dupatta today is a mere prop. Not only dupatta but we  have sindoor , chudiya  which also act as an important tool to get the couple closer. I agree that to a certain extent Dupatta does symbolizes romance. Be it dupatta flying in air over the boys head or a girl wearing it on her head as she enters a temple. They have love all over. But to get the couple closer , thunder, lightening and a mere touch could also do the trick. So it depends on the setting of the scene."

Does dupatta highlight the poise to a girl's character if they wear it over western attire?

Swapna Wagmare Joshi  says...

" Absolutely.. They carry it beautifully "

Lalit Mohan says..

"It may be a fashion statement today but even today some sections of girls of our society are little conscious of wearing jeans or T . Shirts , so they adorn a dupatta or a scarf to feel comfortable."

Ravi Bhushan says...

" If carried well, looks graceful "

Sangeeta says..

" Definately.. One should be more realistic...one gets bored of wearing salsas suits, so stick to today's trends and enjoy your comfort zone."

Gautam hegde says ...

" My show"  Sapno se bhare  naina" has the girl wearing scarfs over jeans. If carried off with ease and  comfort , then looks good on screen. I certainly believe in today's trend.

So there, guys..dupatta though has been replaced by many things it still holds a beautiful moment between the lead couples.Performance  is the key to woo the audience but if dupatta is not there to give the extra edge to the screen as said by the many directors , the scene will not have the magical touch. Hence I do still believe that  the girl's dupatta sliding over a boy's head where all becomes dreamy plus performance generated by the couple is the exact ingredient to an perfect  love story. What do you say??

thnx 4 sharing

Lalit Mohan, Geet's duppata is special๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by serenelove - 12 years ago
Originally posted by serenelove

thnx 4 sharing

Lalit Mohan, Geet's duppata is special๐Ÿ˜†

I forgot that I've posted this topic..๐Ÿ˜†
anyways...Geet ka dupatta nahi hote toh romance kaise hota.๐Ÿ˜‰
duppata plays a lead role in every show
but specially geet
Originally posted by itsmylifeboss

duppata plays a lead role in every show
but specially geet
agar dupatta nahi hota toh ..how Maan & Geet would've been Maaneet..see this..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFcQXlUqOdk [/YOUTUBE]
Edited by bobby13rocks - 12 years ago
Originally posted by bobby13rocks

I forgot that I've posted this topic..๐Ÿ˜†
anyways...Geet ka dupatta nahi hote toh romance kaise hota.๐Ÿ˜‰

Right, Dupatta brought them close many times.

Originally posted by serenelove

Right, Dupatta brought them close many times.

Right Saba
Thanx for the pics..
thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜Š...bobby yaar tum tho baar baar old magic ko yaad dila rahi ho...''jaane kaha gaye wo din'' ๐Ÿ˜ญ ab yehi bacha gaane ke liye...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
[QUOTE=gurpreet28]thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜Š...bobby yaar tum tho baar baar old magic ko yaad dila rahi ho...''jaane kaha gaye wo din'' ๐Ÿ˜ญ ab yehi bacha gaane ke liye...๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†[/QUOTE
welcome dear..
reviving the old magic dear.๐Ÿ˜‰
Dupatta has surely played a special role in our MAANEET's divine dreamy beautiful eternal journey๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank u and love you so much dear for always giving us all an opportunity to relive those golden magical and dreamy MAANEET moments๐Ÿค—
Edited by sptrno - 12 years ago