Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: _vixen_

OH THE BLASPHEMY!! ðŸ˜²

in big b's own words.. he was thought of a furniture after his entrance in saat hindustani around 1969.. he lacked a commanding screen presence and the histrionics that you mentioned around the time.. it was zanjeer in 1973 (4 years after his debut) that gave the angry young man pedestal and he milked it for its worth.. after that film, he grew in confidence and built upon that! ðŸ˜Š

of course it is...! 
compare his situation to anil kapoor's, who did well and made a place for themselves... compare it to shashi kapoor, dharmendra, etc. but amit ji...?  c'mon now... not even the khans have been able to match his place... TongueTongueTongue  and most of them have been top 3 for about 2 decades...!

imran doesn't has the carisma or the charm to take that place... he'll make something of a career, that i have no doubts about, so his fans need not worry... i'm sure he'll be around for the coming 10-15 years, with mamoon's interventions here and there...!  😉TongueTongueTongue

i'm a huge amit ji fan, so thanks for reminding me again... but 'lack of a commanding screen presence' was never his issue, and i say that having seen his earlier works as well... he always had that spark... even in anand, though rajesh khanna was the main protagonist, amit ji stood out in his performance... TongueTongue  he was easily noticed... yet i doubt imran would have gotten the notice even if it wasn't thanks to his mamoon actively publicising him everywhere...  imran just doesn't has it, simple as that... he is cute, and will have some career, that i'm sure about... but having a historic career and toppling the top actors of his time...?  😆😆  some have it, some don't... it's not a big deal, really...!  😉TongueTongue

i soo don't like ranbir, but he does has more potential... as much as i don't like him, i do have to give the boy the credit...!  
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 12 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Aamir posted this on his blog y'day (after months!). The way him and Kiran were laughing, I hope the story has good humor. 

Producer's Note, Delhi Belly.   
May,08,2011

Delhi Belly happened quite by accident... and thanks to Kiran.

Shit happens.

Akshat the writer had been trying to reach me with no success (don't ask me why since I am the easiest guy to reach). Finally, after giving up he dropped off a copy of the script at my house with my maid!!! Not a wise move as she is not the reading type. Well, somehow it managed to make its way to a heap of unread scripts lying in my study.

Shit happens.

One day I was busy with some email and Kiran, while waiting for me to finish, picked up the script lying on top of the pile of unread scripts. Couple of minutes later I heard her giggling, then laughing, then falling off the sofa choking with laughter and rolling on the ground. We were supposed to go out somewhere but she refused to stop reading. We stayed back home and ninety minutes later I was reading it. Three hours later I was calling the LA number written on the first page of the script and asking for Jim Furgele and Akshat Verma. Forty-eight hours later Akshat and Jim were sitting in front of me playing hard ball.

Shit happens.

Abhinay Deo, very ably leading a super cast and crew has delivered pretty much what Kiran and I were laughing our heads off about. I'd like to make a special mention of Ram who has in my opinion created kick ass music and contributed a hell of a lot to the film. With path breaking and inspired work he has created an album which I feel people will want to own. Akshat is a most welcome addition to our industry, and Jim... well, shit happens...

Aamir Khan Productions is known for its inspiring, clean, family entertainment. All that is about to change! Delhi Belly has the potential of, in a single stroke, destroying all the goodwill we have built in the last ten years.

Shit happens!

And if that happens, I will do to Abhinay, Akshat and Jim what Cowboy does to Vlidimir in our film while helping him clear his mind. 

And that is when all the shit that has happened so far... will hit the fan!!!

http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog/login.php

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=Nuktaacheen
i'm sure he can have a career... heck, even aditya pancholi, chunkey pandey had a career...
[/QUOTE]

Why only them? I think some of the superstars today could barely act when they started...some of the actors/actresses we go ga-ga over nowadays were horrible in their first 20 films! 😆

Today's actors/actresses IMO are much better in their debut than some of the superstar actors when they started...men/women all...very few were good right in their first films...I can think of Rani, Kajol, Aamir, Juhi from the last generation who had impressed me in their debut!
laly thumbnail

I can't wait for this film