Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by rani2007

Did you notice that too Wafah? 😆

So I thought that head shake just personified his entire attitude the whole scene - he shook his head thinking "ok... that didn't work."  He tried his hardest to instigate her and it didn't work.  The only reason he came to sit on the bed, I think, was because she didn't react to him saying he would drink everyday and she just told him that he could do what he wanted.  When she got the sheets, he closed his eyes and was like damn that failed too. 😆

The thing I thought was really telling when he says to Runjhun "oh you must have gotten used to sleeping here." Thought that was code for you have gotten used this place.  Runjhun responds with "No I have not gotten used to it."  As in, no I have not gotten used to this place in your life.  And they share a long look before she goes to get the sheets.

Epic fail, Guddu, Epic fail.

LOL Rani...Yes I did notice...in the end neither of them ended up answering what they thought the look stood for.  Masternis of Evasion I tell you...Maybe we should just sit in the sidelines, watch and learn. Like watching a tennis match...the head moves side to side...or as LoveGuddu said it a ping pong match.
Originally posted by LoveGuddu

@ Wafah...Very beautiful...I love it when your head is a mess...Something wonderful always comes out...

So 👍🏼 for the muddlehead...

LoveGuddu...when the head is a mess the logical side isn't working...unfortunately my head prefers the messy side to the organized logic...which isn't conducive to productivity in real life. Thanks for liking the messiness...🤗
Originally posted by Wafah

LOL Rani...Yes I did notice...in the end neither of them ended up answering what they thought the look stood for.  Masternis of Evasion I tell you...Maybe we should just sit in the sidelines, watch and learn. Like watching a tennis match...the head moves side to side...or as LoveGuddu said it a ping pong match.

Excuse me ladies, I have to say something for both of us (Bee, I am fighting this battle for you too).  We DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT shy away from ANYTHING!  I am a born Aries and jumping in the fray is what I do best!  No sidelines for either of us, thanks.  That is for the feebles of the world!  I just did NOT catch the look so I obviously could not answer.  If I tried looking for it late at night, my husband would question, er, my talking in my sleep (😳).  So there!!!!!  😆😆😆😆
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
Originally posted by gardes

Excuse me ladies, I have to say something for both of us (Bee, I am fighting this battle for you too).  We DO NOT, repeat, DO NOT shy away from ANYTHING!  I am a born Aries and jumping in the fray is what I do best!  No sidelines for either of us, thanks.  That is for the feebles of the world!  I just did NOT catch the look so I obviously could not answer.  If I tried looking for it late at night, my husband would question, er, my talking in my sleep (😳).  So there!!!!!  😆

😆LOL No definitely no sidelines for you or Bee...it just felt like in the tennis match you guys forgot there was a ball in the middle to begin with...

Can't speak for Rani but I love watching from the sidelines...more time for observation...as for the question being unanswered we'll just leave it that...

Originally posted by LoveGuddu

Originally posted by Gardes

@ Wafah...Very beautiful...I love it when your head is a mess...Something wonderful always comes out...

So 👍🏼 for the muddlehead...

@ Bee...Yeh...I saw Guddu do that...

LG, Bee, so what did Guddu's reaction mean?  Expectation?  Frustration?  Disappointment?

@ Gardes...All three...

Ps...Wait...Stop...Did I miss a Ping Pong match...😲

Who won?...😆
Edited by LoveGuddu - 12 years ago
Where I belong?

As always I loved your title, that open ended quality so we ponder it is a statement or a question.

I feel like I'm standing all alone

I loved this opening line.  Subtly and yet so powerful in its significance.  We all learn to stand alone, but in truth we find strength to do so by the love of those who nurtured us and gave us company to do so in the first place.  I loved how the line seems sad but upon closer inspection we find strength, conviction and courage.  Wonderfully done.

I don't care if it's right or wrong

I just want you to hold my hand

To me this is where I belong

Then that illumination of the root of her strength, love.  I love, JUST LOVED how you juxtapose two notions.  In the second line you beg movement from him, that he should come and hold her hand and then contrast, almost contradict that by the third line, for that place is someplace that she wishes to be, seeks to find herself there.  Finely and masterfully done!

Some days it's up with you,

And some days it's down

Wonderfully composed, I have always loved you ordering of words, nothing is arbitrary, here you place both with you and days between up and down, highlighting in the first instance that it is he that influences the good/bad that happiness/sad, in her life. In the second by grouping both him and days together you remind us that her days, her life are nothing but him.  Beautifully done.  Then finally that end upon down, a sad note, but that in truth, she doesn't mind, for it is a part of the whole, him; days with him.  Excellently done.

When the stars twinkle, you're smiling

When the sun shines, it's a frown

Then you contrast that last note of down, with up, with happiness, and then again ending with down, a frown.  Beautifully done. I loved the topsy turvy nature of him, the dark of the night brings out his good whilst the light of the day his sadness.  Just like that darkness of a night brings out the luminescence of the stars all the more, so with him, he needs that darkness of his seriousness for you to appreciate those glimpses of happiness, for they shine out all the more brighter for it. 

I can't tell if you'll be angry

Or just gently smile at me

I can't tell if you'll push me away

Or just embrace me softly

Ah! Wonderful, so before it was her days that he influenced, and here you add another layer, whereby she is unable to tell even if it will be day or night, dusk or dawn. Finely done. It reminds me of these lyrics of Gulzar, teri baalee hil gaee hai kabhee shab chamak uthee hai kabhee shaam khil gaya

Then this reprise adding another layer, reminding us that it is his love that gives her strength to want to be so close to him BUT it is also her weakness for some part of her feels uncertain of his unknown qualities that play with her days, nights, life.

What they said never mattered

What they did, I didn't care

As long as you were on my side

The rest of the world didn't compare

That heeding, that warning from people before she set out upon this path.  They did not understand that this is where I belong for they only saw the outward of an inward only she felt, so that the whole world could be against her, tell her she was wrong BUT none could comprehend that strength of heart she gained by remaining steadfast upon her place. 

Sometimes we teased and laughed

Sometimes we clashed and fought

Even when you walked away from me

It was you who my heart sought

Again, beautiful composition.  Those up and down, but even in that down we can find an up, for when he turned away, her heart moved, sprang to life, seeking his face once again. Wonderfully done.

Then these repeated lines elucidating that doubt in the title belonged not to her but us, for she had always known that she belonged here, and these words become a proffered answer to our doubts of why would she stand there? We who could never understand until we too had felt that love.

Wafah, as always, finely composed and very beautiful.  With much love, Sabah

Love the poem
Very beautifully described Runjhun!
Nina
awwwesum poem di ...
Very beautiful... 👏 👏
   Wafah, this is a very beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing with us!
 I've seen that it was posted ever since May, but somehow I didn't notice it! The poem can stand on his own, but if we connect it with the show it makes even much more sense today in the light of the new events, it's like you anticipated Runhjun's inner turmoil and awareness of her feelings!

A Little Faith, that was a very beautiful and deep analyze! I've read it with great interest! Thank you!
Simply beautiful poem Wafah Di thx u and am very sorry for noticing it late Edited by pri01 - 12 years ago